Author Topic: Appeal to Unfair Demotion (5/27/12)  (Read 217 times)

Offline Purple

• ;___;
  • I don't want to be a blowfish
Appeal to Unfair Demotion (5/27/12)
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
1. Player's SteamID (STEAM_0:0:1234) I doubt you need that.

2. Players Nickname: Jman

3. Your in-game name: Purpal (Infernoheart at the time)

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival): TTT

5. Description of the event(s): Well a few hours ago I was in ttt on lost temple with Jman(detective) and Unit(inno), and they were stacked on top of each other in the door to the T room with the spikes that come out. So Jman said "push the button" so I went and pressed it, I honestly had no idea that was against the rules to kill a detective in there or that it was a non-karma thing, a warning would have been more appropriate, plus why were they even in there in the first place? This whole thing is very ignorant and could have been avoided easily. ._.

6. Reason for demote: non karma rdm (even though he trapped unit and told me to press the button)
check out my arts
its all I live for
http://infernoheart.deviantart.com/
http://infernoheart.tumblr.com/
<00:38:40> "Snivy": I'm just milking her now.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

Re: Appeal to Unfair Demotion (5/27/12)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:28:41 PM »
I took a nap while these events were happening. When I woke up and looked at my computer, Purple told me that Jman demoted her. I thought she might’ve done something legitimately wrong, or that he was just doing it just because. Turns out, he did it because of said reasons above this post.

I believe that this is an unfair ban, and that Purple should be repromoted to VIP because:

1.   Jman said “to press this button”. He never addressed who he wanted to press the button.
2.   Jman trapped Unit in there without asking him.
3.   Jman and Purple have personal issues. These things probably are a major reason why he demoted her.
4.   If Purple should be demoted for this, Jman should’ve been demoted for teaming a month or two ago. What Jman did was worse than what she did, but he got off with a slap on the wrist.

Unit himself told me that he really didn’t know why Jman demoted her. He told me that he didn’t care that he was killed that way. My thing is why did Jman trap Unit in there without asking him if he could? This isn’t the only time that Jman has done things like this.

It seems that Jman wanted Purple to do it, so he could seem to have a reason to demote her. I know he would not demoted Unit if he did this while he trapped Purple in there. Jman and Purple have personal problems with each other (as I said earlier) and that Jman did this because he has wanted to demote her for a while.

Even if Jman was addressing Unit to press it, it still would be non karma RDM, because Jman was a detective. There is clearly a double standard going on there.

To end this, Jman caused this incident to happen. He shouldn’t of trapped Unit unwillingly or vaguely say “press the button”. Even if it was a joke, this isn’t demoteable. Not even a warning, because Jman triggered this incident.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Seb

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 05:55:25 PM »
Is there any proof of this? Because, if it is, this is pretty goddamn bad.
Miami's Finest

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Yet again, another similar problem rises.

Offline Tiger Guy

• DonatorOld Forum MemberDedicated SummonerWindows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »
If you want to argue to me about something, please just pm me. I would like not to have another shit storm.

Also, this should be locked.
Youtube

10:27 PM - Sabb: are you litter trained

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
http://pastebin.com/uQq4AZrQ
Not stating all my arguments again. You can understand everything if you read that without tl;dring.
According to Purple, she didn't mean that don actually had permission, but what ever.
Purple's kept promoted, Don's demoted.

Actually; just want to point one thing out because very few people will actually read that.
Jman has done NOTHING wrong in this situation, and technically, Purple hasn't totally either. Jman had full reason for demotion, though I wouldn't have demoted Purple in this situation, it was his decision and it was justified. Purple had RDM'd a detective non karmably via a map trap. Doesn't matter the circumstances, that's not allowed. If it were any other person, they would have been banned. Jman didn't tell Purple to press the trap button, he told Unit to, jokingly. And quite obviously. But it doesn't matter if Jman had directed it at her, it's not allowed to RDM a detective like that as an innocent. That's kind of obvious. How ever, Purple says she didn't realize it was bannable, which is fine and I won't say anything about because it wasn't a big issue. Now, Jman also had said it was a temporary demotion ~1week, and I made sure Purple knew that right away. The demotion's purpose was just to more or less tell Purple that it's not acceptable. Then, Purple obviously talked to Don about the demotion and Don immediately assumed Jman was abusing and had no right to demote Purple, and rushed in-game without talking to Jman, coolz, Minic, Xrain, or anyone, and repromoted Jman. Jman a while ago was caught with some minor issues as well, and while in TS, many of us together agree that admins CAN NOT go behind eachother's backs and do anything with their promotions, demotions, bans, etc, and it was already basically an unwritten rule before all of us were promoted any way. So Don knew that, but went behind Jman's back, and everyone elses' without permission and promoted Purple. Because of that, he's demoted. At the same time, Purple's offense wasn't a big issue. So she's repromoted. End of story.
          I don't want other people coming in and arguing with any of us who don't even understand the situation or simply want to argue because they have personal bias against someone else and want action taken, to take advantage of the situation. Don't assume anything in these situations, and always take fully into account what everyone has said.

EDIT2:
<22:47:53> "Purpal": uh can you fix one thing
<22:47:56> "Purpal": I didnt go to don
<22:48:00> "Purpal": tiger did
<22:48:11> "Purpal": I didnt tell don shit
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:57:14 PM by Sabb »

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
Just clarifying - Purple was never banned, just demoted.

Also, what Sabb said.

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
Either Sabb or Jman, PM me when you have the time.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Minic

• Windows UserLinux UserApple UserOld Forum MemberrNd Developer
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:09 AM »
I would like to add, that the issue with DoeniDon has been reconsidered, and he has officially resigned on good terms.

--more information here: http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,12750.0.html

Purpal still remains VIP.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:35:52 AM by coolzeldad »