Author Topic: [2 Months] [3 Days] Ghosting  (Read 248 times)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
[2 Months] [3 Days] Ghosting
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
1. Player's SteamID:   1st.STEAM_0:0:7330866
                                 2nd. STEAM_0:1:27994738

2. Players Nickname: 1st. Loke
                                  2nd. ŔŋĐ:ĻĔĢíŤíŁŶƒĘãŔ

3. Your in-game name: Prox

4. Server name: Trouble in Terrorist Town

5. Description of the event(s) In crummycradle me(I was the last Traitor) and other 2 guys were in the bridge room, and then Loke showed up saying that one of us is the traitor even thought none of us have done anything suspicious. Then Loke decided to do the so called "karma losing test" in which he attempted to shoot me and see if he loses karma for it. According to him it works like this: if he lose karma then I'm innocent, if he doesn't them I'm traitor.
  This is not the first time I see him on our servers so I'm sure he knows that it's impossible to lose karma during the round. I didn't got a solid proof on this because he was using a mic, but there were other players, Tec, TheHank, Apie who should be able to confirm this.

6. Reason for ban: Ghosting

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:02:59 AM by Sabb »

Offline Captain Communism

• What?
  • No really, what?
Re: Ghosting
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
I was there, he did in fact do this.

I would also like to point out the other guy whose name I can't type (The second one listed) shot me whilst Apie was there. Yes, I was a T. No, I wasn't confirmed. He ended up killing the other T's and everyone said he was T-hacking or ghosting.

+1

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »
Let me clear things up here;

Me and legitly are not ghosting. Hes a new player at this and RDMS occasionally. Hes lucky that he gets Ts.

I'm trying to teach him how to play, and when i did the t testing thing with prox, I didn't mean to shoot him, he got into my bullets way because he was moving.

Yes im friends with him on steam, but we don't ghost. I don't like ghosting and am against it. Yes, he does tell me hes traitor, but its because he needs help, and he doesent know what to do.

So there. Cleared things up a bit. And i am expecting some questions and such, so ask me anything.
Allah's Snackbar is best food place.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Yeah, okay. If what you're saying is true then how come you didn't said it when you were in the server?

Also I forgot to add that in a previous map when I joined, people were talking about ŔŋĐ:ĻĔĢíŤíŁŶƒĘãŔ ghosting or hacking so it's probably related to what TheHank said.

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
I did.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
You didn't said that he is new to this game and that you're teaching him, but what you did said was that you were just "guessing" when you shot me.

Offline Loke

• Click Click
  • Windows UserCat Lover
    View More Badges!

• Boom
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
I did?

Then wtf was I thinking.

Offline [TTPN] ShadowMoon

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
Ok, for loke, shooting people while testing for karma is definitely out of your mind.
Whenever you killed or hurt a player, karma will be calculated when the round ends.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
Ok, for loke, shooting people while testing for karma is definitely out of your mind.
Whenever you killed or hurt a player, karma will be calculated when the round ends.
From what I understand, he said it jokingly but accidentally actually shot Prox. The logs say that Loke hadn't shot Prox after one shot any ways, so I'm thinking Loke is being honest. Unless he kept shooting at Prox afterwards but kept missing. Either way, I'm currently thinking of locking and denying the report because I'm pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding. And Loke, if you're actually helping that new guy out, please tell him not to RDM and such. I guess it's not a huge problem if he's telling you when he's traitor as long as he isn't telling you his buddies and as long as you guys don't team.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »
From what I understand, he said it jokingly but accidentally actually shot Prox. The logs say that Loke hadn't shot Prox after one shot any ways, so I'm thinking Loke is being honest. Unless he kept shooting at Prox afterwards but kept missing. Either way, I'm currently thinking of locking and denying the report because I'm pretty sure it was just a misunderstanding. And Loke, if you're actually helping that new guy out, please tell him not to RDM and such. I guess it's not a huge problem if he's telling you when he's traitor as long as he isn't telling you his buddies and as long as you guys don't team.
He made at least 2-4 shots at me but got me only 1 time and if I remember correctly the time he got me wasn't his last shot. When I asked him about this, he didn't said it was an accident, he said that he was guessing, so either way I don't think people should play like this.
   And as I have already said, people were talking about ŔŋĐ:ĻĔĢíŤíŁŶƒĘãŔ ghosting when I joined the server and in case people haven't noticed, he was my T buddy.

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 03:27:36 AM »
I have a better idea, Prox / Sabb, try have some personal talk with that new rnd whatever guy.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »

Actually, it is done on the fly, it just isn't updated until round's end.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

• Gamer
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
Actually, it is done on the fly, it just isn't updated until round's end.

That's what we meant...
(=.=)
But it doesn't affect karma during round, it's after round.

Offline Deborah

• beautiful woman
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:16 PM »
ghosting is like going through walls right?
most beautiful girl in the world!

Offline Foofoojack

• Ộ_Ộ
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
ghosting is like going through walls right?
yes