Author Topic: Guitar/Bass general  (Read 118 times)

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
Guitar/Bass general
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »
+1
The other thread was being derailed. So let's just start one of these to keep the content in here.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
Re: Guitar/Bass general
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »
...which content?

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
...which content?
Any thing having to do with guitar and bass, I guess. Like instead of further derailing the "what instruments do you play" thread with the strat stuff, we can keep that in here.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
Jagstang for the win y'all fucking losers.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
So has anyone every messed with customizing a guitar/bass? Like, aside from simple things like changing the tuning knobs, saddles/bridge, etc. I really want to make a custom guitar but idk how hard it'll be.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
So has anyone every messed with customizing a guitar/bass? Like, aside from simple things like changing the tuning knobs, saddles/bridge, etc. I really want to make a custom guitar but idk how hard it'll be.
Provided you have all the right tools, it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish. Just wiring and painted you might find difficult.

How to build a Gibson SG

Offline Alphaggot

• Thats the race I wanna play
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• 지금 now is the 비 coming down
  • Respect: +582
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
Provided you have all the right tools, it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish. Just wiring and painted you might find difficult.

How to build a Gibson SG

My friend did that in one quarter in shop.

He passed for the year.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 04:44:30 PM »
+1

How to build a Gibson SG
That would be fucking awesome to do, but I would most likely need to get a nice router with an expensive bit, and a CNC machine. I can't afford that of course. Without those I probably wouldn't be capable of making a proper, practical guitar. What I was just talking about is simply buying a pre-cut body and neck full and ready to go, and customizing everything from there. And yea, the wiring's the main thing I'm concerned about. I'm sure I could do it, but it may take a bit of time... I'm not too sure how complex the wiring on these can get. Though, I do certainly have all the proper tools to do so.

Oh, and the painting shouldn't be too big of a problem. Could be costly, but I know I could do it. The swirling video I posted in the other thread is exactly what I want to do. Not too hard, just need the right acrylic paints and a nice large bin to do it in... even a garbage bin can do a good job. After that I believe all that's left for the painting is the priming, and that's it. If the guitar neck I get is completely blank with no staining/finish, then I guess I'd have to add that too, but that's it.

Any ways, I just went out and got a new guitar strap today. Figured I'd show it, I think it's pretty awesome.

Sorry that the two images are flipped but... too lazy to flip them back.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:51:16 PM by Sabb »

Offline Cake Faice

View More Badges!

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 08:42:46 PM »
That would be fucking awesome to do, but I would most likely need to get a nice router with an expensive bit, and a CNC machine. I can't afford that of course. Without those I probably wouldn't be capable of making a proper, practical guitar. What I was just talking about is simply buying a pre-cut body and neck full and ready to go, and customizing everything from there. And yea, the wiring's the main thing I'm concerned about. I'm sure I could do it, but it may take a bit of time... I'm not too sure how complex the wiring on these can get. Though, I do certainly have all the proper tools to do so.
Wiring isn't that complicated. As long as you read the wiring diagrams for the parts you buy/get 1000's of wiring diagram pictures from the internet, you should be good.

And there are guitar/bass kits that you can buy if you don't want to go through the whole wood cutting and measurement process.

Guitar and Bass kits

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
Wiring isn't that complicated. As long as you read the wiring diagrams for the parts you buy/get 1000's of wiring diagram pictures from the internet, you should be good.

And there are guitar/bass kits that you can buy if you don't want to go through the whole wood cutting and measurement process.

Guitar and Bass kits
Yea, that's exactly what I was going to do. Both the looking up wiring shit enough to fully understand it before touching anything and buying a kit. Well actually... I'm not sure if I'll just get a kit or just the body and neck alone... I may want different kinds of parts. Not sure. I think I'll look through all those kits though, they look nice. Thanks for the site.