Author Topic: Hey guys check out my friends band!  (Read 144 times)

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
Hey guys check out my friends band!
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
+2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39112405/Fed%20to%20Lions-Waiting%20Room%20Trauma.mp3

They've been having lots of shows lately. They perform at this really sketchy underground place along with other really really good bands.
Anyway I've known the singer and the two guitarists since 4th grade. They're exceptional at least in my opinion since they're really good friends of mine.

But yeah just do me a favor and listen to the songs and see if you like them!

http://www.reverbnation.com/fedtolions

Before you say they're hipsters from looking at their picture and that i'm also a hipster - go die please ._.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
Re: Hey guys check out my friends band!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »
+2
hipsters

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »
hipsters
This.

Also, I like how they sound.

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »
no :(

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
liking unpopular bands does not make you a hipster. liking ONLY unpopular bands does. get it right

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »
+1
liking unpopular bands does not make you a hipster. liking ONLY unpopular bands does. get it right

said the hipster to the hipster

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

This.

I prefer not to say anything about the word "hipster" since anything as simple as preferring bf3 over cod or wearing glasses can be defined as hipster.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
technically, you guys are all hipsters for playing source games that aren't L4D2 or Portal 2.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
+1
technically, you guys are all hipsters for playing source games that aren't L4D2 or Portal 2.

Technically, we're not hipsters until we brag about liking things before they were popular, ride fixed gear bicycles, and wear glasses (with no actual perscription)

/stereotyping

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
AfaIk, talking of "hipsters" is instantly talking stereotypes.

Band is awesome, listen to it y'all

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 09:44:09 AM »
+1
Lol... I just said that to be an asshole but okay.
I wasn't serious.

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
    • Twatter
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »
I've met a real hipster lvl 1000 before "hipsters" were even coined back in high school. This guy was an actual asshole. Not the jock "haha dude you fucking suck YEAHHH FOOTBALL AND WEED BITCH IMA SHOVE YOU IN A LOCKER YOU UGLY ASS UNPOPULAR NERD BECAUSE YOU PLAY COMPUTER GAMEZ" kind of jock.

He was intellectual, liked things that were kind of "unknown" because he was smart. He can explain and argue with you about shit that he's knowledgeable of. He speaks fluent german, japanese and french and is also very artistic (he once drew einstein in 8th grade, as in VERY VERY WELL and it was hung in the school)

The problem is, he's got a huge head. He's aware that he's able to do all this shit. So he rubs it in peoples faces. He has to let you know that he is exceptionally smart and far more superior than you and will not carry on a normal person to person conversation, but instead he'll use "intellectual" words to make you feel like a dumbass, BUT THOSE who actually KNOW what he's saying ------ he actually doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about as he's just throwing in adjectives and synonyms of the same adjective in the sentence.

He had to dress "intellectual" too. As in he's got to let people know physically and mentally that HE IS IN FACT A GENIUS. Yes that's what he said. He's "Gifted". He dressed with a coat as in the office blazer type (remember this was back in 8th grade til high school) with a plain colored shirt- some dress pants, a scarf, and a french "art" hat with glasses and a god damn cane. He usually brings in a pipe "just for show" and "to go with his outfit". What happened to this kid after we graduated? (note that he wasnt even a valedictorian in our highschool when we graduated) He's supposedly "working on being a dj now and will be deadmau5 popular in about 3 years" - that's his exact words.

As for the whole hipster deal - I get called a fucking hipster all the time. Because I wear glasses and liked things before they became mainstream. It just upsets me when I show a friend something and they're like "urgh god that sucks so bad dude why do u even like that?" and after awhile, that thing I showed that person becomes popular and mainstream --- suddenly they like it. I'm like WHEN I SHOWED YOU THAT, YOU DISSED ME - NOW THAT IT'S POPULAR YOU'RE ALL OF THE SUDDEN INTO IT NOW? What was wrong with me showing you? Why did you only like it when it became mainstream?

And for the glasses deal, fuck all those people who say I wear glasses with no "MEDICATION" (YES THAT'S THEIR WORD WHAT THE FUCK?) -- I've worn glasses (and actually hated them a lot) since I was 9 because I've destroyed my eyes sitting so close in front of CRT tvs and monitors growing up. I had braces and glasses at the age of 10 and i looked so fucking ugly. Anyway, nowadays they ask "are your glasses even medicated?" I just respond with "Bro, wanna try them?" and they do..... they respond with "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE BLIND" well fuck bro go to hell.

As far as being teased of being a hipster - I've learned a way to deal with it. Moo once told me that he always got teased because of the stereotype of asians having tiny dicks.  So he told me that he played along and creeped the motherfuckers out. "Haha you have a tiny dick cuz ur asiannn" and he responds with "Yeah shits so fucking tiny its the size of my pinky. Wanna see it?" and they respond with "Oh god what the fuck stop that shit" and I took his footsteps.

bitch.

EDIT:
This was the band that went after my friends bands did. They were REALLY GOOD too. The lead singer was black. He was different. He had dreads and wore black skinnies and a white v-neck with glasses - he was cute! He was SO FUCKING nice. Really cool! I shook his hand and told him that his band sounded great and he made sure I got a poster! He gave me a poster!

But yeah here check them out too!

http://juniorastronomers.bandcamp.com/track/bad-bones
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:01:44 PM by Devie ♥ »

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
+1
I've met a real hipster lvl 1000 before "hipsters" were even coined back in high school. This guy was an actual asshole. Not the jock "haha dude you fucking suck YEAHHH FOOTBALL AND WEED BITCH IMA SHOVE YOU IN A LOCKER YOU UGLY ASS UNPOPULAR NERD BECAUSE YOU PLAY COMPUTER GAMEZ" kind of jock.

He was intellectual, liked things that were kind of "unknown" because he was smart. He can explain and argue with you about shit that he's knowledgeable of. He speaks fluent german, japanese and french and is also very artistic (he once drew einstein in 8th grade, as in VERY VERY WELL and it was hung in the school)

The problem is, he's got a huge head. He's aware that he's able to do all this shit. So he rubs it in peoples faces. He has to let you know that he is exceptionally smart and far more superior than you and will not carry on a normal person to person conversation, but instead he'll use "intellectual" words to make you feel like a dumbass, BUT THOSE who actually KNOW what he's saying ------ he actually doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about as he's just throwing in adjectives and synonyms of the same adjective in the sentence.

He had to dress "intellectual" too. As in he's got to let people know physically and mentally that HE IS IN FACT A GENIUS. Yes that's what he said. He's "Gifted". He dressed with a coat as in the office blazer type (remember this was back in 8th grade til high school) with a plain colored shirt- some dress pants, a scarf, and a french "art" hat with glasses and a god damn cane. He usually brings in a pipe "just for show" and "to go with his outfit". What happened to this kid after we graduated? (note that he wasnt even a valedictorian in our highschool when we graduated) He's supposedly "working on being a dj now and will be deadmau5 popular in about 3 years" - that's his exact words.

As for the whole hipster deal - I get called a fucking hipster all the time. Because I wear glasses and liked things before they became mainstream. It just upsets me when I show a friend something and they're like "urgh god that sucks so bad dude why do u even like that?" and after awhile, that thing I showed that person becomes popular and mainstream --- suddenly they like it. I'm like WHEN I SHOWED YOU THAT, YOU DISSED ME - NOW THAT IT'S POPULAR YOU'RE ALL OF THE SUDDEN INTO IT NOW? What was wrong with me showing you? Why did you only like it when it became mainstream?

And for the glasses deal, fuck all those people who say I wear glasses with no "MEDICATION" (YES THAT'S THEIR WORD WHAT THE FUCK?) -- I've worn glasses (and actually hated them a lot) since I was 9 because I've destroyed my eyes sitting so close in front of CRT tvs and monitors growing up. I had braces and glasses at the age of 10 and i looked so fucking ugly. Anyway, nowadays they ask "are your glasses even medicated?" I just respond with "Bro, wanna try them?" and they do..... they respond with "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE BLIND" well fuck bro go to hell.

As far as being teased of being a hipster - I've learned a way to deal with it. Moo once told me that he always got teased because of the stereotype of asians having tiny dicks.  So he told me that he played along and creeped the motherfuckers out. "Haha you have a tiny dick cuz ur asiannn" and he responds with "Yeah shits so fucking tiny its the size of my pinky. Wanna see it?" and they respond with "Oh god what the fuck stop that shit" and I took his footsteps.

bitch.

EDIT:
This was the band that went after my friends bands did. They were REALLY GOOD too. The lead singer was black. He was different. He had dreads and wore black skinnies and a white v-neck with glasses - he was cute! He was SO FUCKING nice. Really cool! I shook his hand and told him that his band sounded great and he made sure I got a poster! He gave me a poster!

But yeah here check them out too!

http://juniorastronomers.bandcamp.com/track/bad-bones
Holy shit Devie... you just made a Unit worthy tl;dr post.
Just add some spoilers and you might just beat Unit.

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 04:22:48 PM »
+3
I drunk the coffee before it became cool.

Offline Astropilot

• Infinitus Tabula Rasa
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• A little bit morass
  • Respect: +1207
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
If you're the last person on Earth does that make everything you do mainstream?

Inspirational quotes don't do jack until you do something yourself