Author Topic: Life - Discussion rant.  (Read 81 times)

Offline Devie

• I got eight figures
  • Like I'm skatin in the winter
  • Respect: +1040
    • Twatter
Life - Discussion rant.
« on: March 16, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
So everybody here has or will have a phase in their life where it'll be a drastic and weird change.

I realized this when I first got my license and a car, but didn't think of it as anything but an exciting new part of my life.
I finally get to drive myself around and go do things on my own. Everybody will go through that "being on your own" phase and it'll soon transfer to "being out on your own with your friends" and "being out on your own with your friends late at night" to "partying til you throw up and cry at the same time" .. etc etc useless and stupid shit you do.

No big deal, just usual crap thats slowly transitioning your life to a more mature kind of lifestyle. An independent lifestyle.

But I never thought it would hit me this bad. That kind of lifestyle came to me when I got my license and as I graduated highschool. It lasted until about the first year of college etc. Well apparently, life is doing another one of those changes again, and it never hit me this hard.

A couple of things,
-my guy friend is having a baby. His life is changing as me and proudly go out to shop for our god-baby, there's car seats and strollers and cribs in his apartment. Just the term "being a dad" is still shocking to me since I've been friends with this guy since 4th grade.

-About 3 more really close friends just recently found out they're having a baby.. (And no, they weren't 15 or 16. That's different. If they did have a baby at 15 or 16, their mommies and daddies would still be supporting their asses with the whole baby thing).. I guess it's just hard to think that these people you've went to concerts with, partied with, and helped with whatever are now family people.

-My best friend since 7th grade literally just moved into a house with her new fiance today.. I ran into her at shopping for groceries for the new house as me and proudly were shopping for a baby gift for our other friend..

I guess my point is, it's weird to see your friends start to form their own families after all the growing up together you've done.

-Today, along with shopping for baby stuff at walmart with proudly, we decided to buy new bedsheets and curtains that blocks out the suns rays well enough so it doesn't bother us when we're sleeping... and we were so fucking excited to get them on our bed and lay in it. That's when we realized that holy fuck, we get excited over bedsheets and curtains?

Being 20, I realized that small things like this tells me that my "teenage" days are fucking over, and that literal adulthood is peeking out of the corner.

My point of this thread, share some stories that told you life was changing for you. When your parents got a divorce, or when you entered high school, or moved to a new place against your wishes since your parents forced you to. Was it graduating high school, etc?
Either way it would be nice to know. Anything that made you go "Holy shit, my life.. "
Idk, it's 1am here and I'm sleepy.