Author Topic: this is my third support topic so far, but oh well  (Read 302 times)

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
  • Respect: +1518
this is my third support topic so far, but oh well
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
Can we please fix the votekicking system?

It doesn't let you specify a reason.

I don't even need to tell you why this needs fixing.

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
  • Respect: +821
Re: this is my third support topic so far, but oh well
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »
When u kick somebody you ban soembody for 1 hour...

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I agree with Gamefreak.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Tomcat

• Your Argument is Inert
  • Donator
    View More Badges!

• Wat Do?
  • Respect: +503
    • Tomcat's blog
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
Solidvote is broke as fuck right now

I could remake it and make it exactly like coolz's old system but idk what xrain/snivy wants

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2069
    • Some music shit I made
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »
Solidvote is broke as fuck right now

I could remake it and make it exactly like coolz's old system but idk what xrain/snivy wants

I'd use it if you made it.

I think I asked you for it a couple weeks ago too .__________.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
  • Respect: +1788
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
That depends snivy, are you important enough to warrant tomcats time

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:34 AM »
I don't think we will be using solidvote on our end, it provided more than a few security risks. The current vote system, while not as fully featured as solidvote does everything it needs to and has the added bonus of not being full of holes.
If a unanimous request from most of the VIP's comes back and says that they cannot live without being able to attach reasons then we will work on adding something, but until then it's a pretty low priority issue.

As for a menu system instead of the !votekick <derp> the benefit that was told to me that it makes it easier to detect name changers, we will work on a way to more effectively deal with name changers.

Thanks!
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 05:29:19 AM »
If a unanimous request from most of the VIP's comes back and says that they cannot live without being able to attach reasons then we will work on adding something, but until then it's a pretty low priority issue.
Please do so. It's so annoying when people just don't vote in your vote because they don't know why is the player being kicked, so the vote fails. I think I should also add that people don't really trust the VIPs that much anymore which makes it only harder.

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
  • Respect: +1648
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
+4
I don't think we will be using solidvote on our end, it provided more than a few security risks. The current vote system, while not as fully featured as solidvote does everything it needs to and has the added bonus of not being full of holes.

As for a menu system instead of the !votekick <derp> the benefit that was told to me that it makes it easier to detect name changers, we will work on a way to more effectively deal with name changers.

Thanks!

I'll just leave this here.

It was literally IMPOSSIBLE to ban him due to his name.
   So, is this is enough for you to understand how vital the old votekick/ban menu is for the VIPs?

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
Wait, I was under the impression that the newvote kick system was able to ban using the steam ID. It also appears (from Xrain's post) to be that there is a menu that lists all player's names, so you just select the one with the strange name.

Regardless, a system that uses anything other than a player's name (such as Steam ID or "userid") would be ideal.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Shockah

• Cat LoverLeague PlayerApple User
    View More Badges!

• Sabb's champion-pool is too large.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »
Please do so. It's so annoying when people just don't vote in your vote because they don't know why is the player being kicked, so the vote fails. I think I should also add that people don't really trust the VIPs that much anymore which makes it only harder.

I concur, and being unable to ban as myself and Michael were today and last night is ridiculous as VIP's we only have the votekick command and even though the system decides whether to make it a ban or kick based off of previously being banned/kicked I believe, it still remains a kick it will say player x banned for 60 minutes then 5-10 minutes later after a kick would expire the person comes back this happened multiple times last night and a few times today.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:07:10 PM by Shockah »

Offline Roach :3

• Windows UserLinux UserApple User
    View More Badges!

• Kids on drugs are really fun
  • Respect: +68
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »
At the moment, like I know those are temp servers and coolz takes half of the control of the server, the other half is the player who created the server, short to the point is, if the owner of the server wants, he can simply change the kicking/banning system to what ever he wants, even if it'll be a basic ban system, like I know at the moment coolz only takes a part in the forum and the community it self but not the servers, so the owners are free to do what ever they want, I suggest that at the moment you should give the VIP's a freehand and let them simply kick or ban with out voting, I guess that's why there is an appeal thread too.