Author Topic: sh_9town (sh_holderofplace)  (Read 137 times)

Offline Ritterkreuz

• Für das Vaterland.
  • Respect: 0
sh_9town (sh_holderofplace)
« on: January 28, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »
sh_9town

About:
So I felt like making a map. It'll be for the Stronghold gamemode. What'll it be like? Well, expect some more close quarters combat, a lack of any abuse-able base areas, and hopefully lots of fun for everyone. What do I classify as abuse-able? You've probably seen it; people building ramps up to easily breach a base instead of going through the motions of a breach and clear style tactical special forces S.W.A.T. type exercise. You know the type, one guy with the repair tool in break mode, while your mate is aiming their AK at the entrance, ready to blow the head off whoever decides to answer the door. Expect a distinct lack of that stuff. Why? Cuz I'm a whiny guy, and I don't like it. Don't bother arguing.

I'll not have any real big opportunities for sniping, either. The entire map will not be one big sniping and camping fest. Indeed, there'll probably be a couple of nice spots for bursting heads. Not many. I'm looking to be making a map with less rage, fewer places for base building, so you actually have to fight over them, and potentially the necessity for building your own homes. Why? For more fast paced, actiony, lack of camping spots action. This is good. Why? Because, nobody likes a camper. It just induces rage, and makes everyone bloody unhappy because it's just so unfair to those being shot. Yeah, yeah, it's fun to just nuke anyone you please, and they can't do anything to stop you. Not for those poor guys being shot at. But, I digress.

This is all horseshit. Forget it. It'll be what it'll be.

This is a completely spur of the moment thing, so don't expect this hunk a map to get going.

Update - 8/02/2012 5:39AM:

Things are going well. I would like to do a public beta soon, just to get people to look around, see how it feels, modify what needs fixing, y'know, standard shit.

Progress:
Doin' it.

Lighting:
Decals:
Brushing:
Displacement:
Skybox:
Foilage(Outside area):
Props:
Optimization:

^--- Why do I care about my thread looking fancy? It'll be done when it's done.

Progress Log:

<[29/01/2012][6:20AM] : Hey man, I thought I'd make a map on Gmod.>

<[8/02/2012][5:42AM] : Hey man, just updating. Btw, can has a public beta please?

Screenshots:
First screeny. Take a look.

8/02/2012 5:38AM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download:
I probably won't get my public beta, so you can just download it here:
8/02/2012 - 6:13AM - Messed up, had to upload another fixed version. Play!
http://www.mediafire.com/?xw25k0cxcxniozk

This is a complete beta. Alpha, even. So far my train of thought is going with three extra buildings, each on a vertical line up and down the grid, from the centre of course. Wtf is that? Don't ask me. There'll be an underground bit, that will connect everything up. It will go to all of the spare squares, of course, so that it's easy to move about. It's pointless checking it out by yourself, however, unless you just wanna check things out I guess.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:14:42 AM by Ritterkreuz »
"Stellung markiere, haben schwere Verluste! Feind bei, minus dreizehn plus funf in? Zugstarke durchgebrochen! Fordern umgehenden Ersatz! Stellung kann nicht gehalten werden, ich wiederhole, Stellung kann nicht gehalten werden!"

Offline WarEclipse™

• Hello, I'm WarEclipse.
  • Respect: +4
Re: sh_holderofplace
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
Lookin' forward to it! ;)

Offline Ritterkreuz

• Für das Vaterland.
Re: sh_9town (sh_holderofplace)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »
UPDATE: 8/02/2012

Go try out the effin' map!
"Stellung markiere, haben schwere Verluste! Feind bei, minus dreizehn plus funf in? Zugstarke durchgebrochen! Fordern umgehenden Ersatz! Stellung kann nicht gehalten werden, ich wiederhole, Stellung kann nicht gehalten werden!"

Offline Ritterkreuz

• Für das Vaterland.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »
So, anybody got anything to say? Any tips? Anyone wanna say anything about the map so far? Words of encouragement? You should stop bro? Stop talking? What?

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:19 AM »
FYI the servers are going to close today so i'm not sure why your still working on this map for us  :(

Offline Ritterkreuz

• Für das Vaterland.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:16:17 AM »
It's not going to be down forever. And furthermore, I hate the maps already in Stronghold, so I'm making a map. I don't want to make a map for anything/anyone else, because I don't love them enough, or not interested.

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:36:52 AM »
As in do you have the patience to work on your map and wait in 3-6 months time

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
  • Respect: +72