Author Topic: OpenGL tutorials  (Read 117 times)

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
  • Respect: +72
OpenGL tutorials
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
Hey guys. I want make a simple FPS using C. I know that C is not used do make games, but I wanna try. Some friend told me to use OpenGL, but I didn't find any good tutorial. Could give some links about OpenGL ?

Thanks.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
Re: OpenGL tutorials
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
. I know that C is not used do make games... *snip*

Both C & C++ still are used to make games. :)
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
Both C & C++ still are used to make games. :)

It is most commonly used C++ than C.  :)

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +430
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
I've never used OpenGL before but I think I know what you are going to do with it later on.

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Main_Page
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Minic

• Windows UserLinux UserApple UserOld Forum MemberrNd Developer
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +84
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »
Hey, this might be relevant to your interests. ;D

I've been working on and off on a prototype engine, for a game I'm going to be making.

I'm using OpenGL, and AssImp for rendering and model loading etc, along with Bullet for physics, also PortAudio and libvorbis for sound. Few other things here and there.

The important thing is, I chose the libraries I'm using very carefully, they're all multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X), and all come with liberal licenses. MIT, BSD, etc..
Basically, I'll be able to legally use all this stuff in a commercial application, even statically linked. (few strings attached, but nothing major, mainly just attribution, which I'm okay with :) )

This is a pretty old screenshot (Oct, 2011), I've recently finished reading The Orange Book and am rewriting the renderer, so I'm not able to show off it's current state.
A lot has improved, but essentially it's still a prototype, I'll be re-writing a lot of it, but keeping the parts I like. :D

Anyway, add me on Steam if you have any questions.

-Minic

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:27:41 AM »
Hey, this might be relevant to your interests. ;D

I've been working on and off on a prototype engine, for a game I'm going to be making.

I'm using OpenGL, and AssImp for rendering and model loading etc, along with Bullet for physics, also PortAudio and libvorbis for sound. Few other things here and there.

The important thing is, I chose the libraries I'm using very carefully, they're all multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X), and all come with liberal licenses. MIT, BSD, etc..
Basically, I'll be able to legally use all this stuff in a commercial application, even statically linked. (few strings attached, but nothing major, mainly just attribution, which I'm okay with :) )

This is a pretty old screenshot (Oct, 2011), I've recently finished reading The Orange Book and am rewriting the renderer, so I'm not able to show off it's current state.
A lot has improved, but essentially it's still a prototype, I'll be re-writing a lot of it, but keeping the parts I like. :D

Anyway, add me on Steam if you have any questions.

-Minic

Nice man ! I'll add you on Steam. :D