Author Topic: A few suggestions for making Stronghold fairer.  (Read 192 times)

Offline sam6321

• No, that was not hacking.
  • Respect: +4
A few suggestions for making Stronghold fairer.
« on: February 06, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Ok, so I'm quite new to the RND game servers, but one of my all time favourite servers is the Stronghold server.
The game mode is like an even-better-than version of COD. However, I feel there are a few changes that could be made to make certain weapons and gameplay elements fairer in the game.

1. The L96 (AWP) - The one shot, one kill sniper rifle in the game. That's perfectly fine, it's fires a high velocity round designed to be lethal at any distance, however I believe it should only be a once shot to the body (that's from the waist up to and including the head) and a two shot to either the arm or leg. I mean come on, if you were shot in the foot the chances of you actually dying immediately from the wound are miniscule. It's also very frustrating to be able to be killed when the tip of your finger is JUST showing outside of a window you happen to be standing near.
Thus I believe the L96 should be nerfed so that it's a one shot to the body, two shot to the limbs.

2. The Deagle - It's a sidearm, a secondary weapon. It's what a soldier carries around to finish off wounded enemies, not to be used as a weapon for primary killing. It's also highly accurate, this coupled with it's ability to one shot an enemy to any part of their body makes it like a pocket L96. It should instead be something like a two shot, doing 90 damage or so per hit, that'd make it a fairer weapon and would discourage people to use it as a primary weapon.
I mean the fact that I can come running round a corner spraying at an enemy with an MP5 and yet still be killed by one shot from a deagle is rather frustrating, especially when I get the drop on my enemy and even manage to damage them first.
Thus I believe it should regain it's status as a secondary weapon and should not be able to one-shot enemies.

3. Both the shotguns - Amazingly underpowered. I've had people need to take two or three shots at me while I'm stationary in order to kill me with either of the shotguns, now that's not really fair is it? I think the one shot potential of both the shotguns should be increased by increasing the damage of each shotgun pellet. Also, in order to stop people from being able to shotgun snipe the spread of the shotguns could be increased. If both of these factors were applied, the shotguns would retake their place as being lethal close range weapons, just like they should be.

4. Prop spamming - So you're sitting in your base defending, suddenly somebody begins to break down your door. What can you do next? Spam the doorway with more props making it almost impossible for the player to get into your base. After a while this can become incredibly overpowered and annoying and it deters people from bothering to invade others bases - and isn't that the whole point of stronghold?
I think there should be some kind of prop placement cool down (something around 5 seconds maybe?) in order to stop people from being able to prop spam.

So what's your feedback guys?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:40:46 PM by sam6321 »
You gotta dye those shoes blue and cream son, blue and cream. But make sure you get pants and a hat to match, otherwise that shit'd just look silly yo.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
Re: A few suggestions for making Stronghold fairer.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
The Deagle ain't no secondary weapons nor soldiers carry it, buddy. It's hunting grade caliber. I doubt more than 2000 people in the army have them.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
I doubt that someone could fix that for the l96.

If I'm not wrong, you only take 2 kind of damages, one that count as a shot to the body and one that counts as a headshot.

SO basically, if you hit the chest, it will do the same damage as a shot on the foot.

Coding that so it takes another kind of damage, I BELIVE, would be a lot of coding plus everytime someone makes a suggestion for SH there is always this issue with what we can change and what not.

Now again, i believe it is like that, and if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline sam6321

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:05:17 PM »
If I'm not wrong, you only take 2 kind of damages, one that count as a shot to the body and one that counts as a headshot.

Well I will correct you, there are console commands that you can use to change damage multipliers to parts of the body.
They are as follows :

sk_player_arm - arm damage multiplier
sk_player_leg - leg damage multiplier
sk_player_chest - chest damage multiplier
sk_player_stomach - stomach damage multiplier
sk_player_head - head damage multiplier

I've looked into it, I know it would be possible to do.

The Deagle ain't no secondary weapons nor soldiers carry it, buddy. It's hunting grade caliber. I doubt more than 2000 people in the army have them.

As for this, I wasn't referring to real life soldiers, I know that the deagle is almost never used in military conflicts regardless of it turning up in almost every first person shooter.
I was talking in terms of GAMEPLAY, that the deagle is classed as a secondary weapon, not a primary.

You gotta dye those shoes blue and cream son, blue and cream. But make sure you get pants and a hat to match, otherwise that shit'd just look silly yo.

Offline Pilgrim

• Respect: +8
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 02:52:12 AM »
As for this, I wasn't referring to real life soldiers, I know that the deagle is almost never used in military conflicts regardless of it turning up in almost every first person shooter.
I was talking in terms of GAMEPLAY, that the deagle is classed as a secondary weapon, not a primary.

i agree it should be nerfed, but what if we just tone down the long range accuracy?
make it a powerful short range gun.

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
  • Respect: +251
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »
i found it

Quote from: coolz
I could probably change this w/o modifying code and violating license, i'll look into eet later

Coolz can't modify the code, wich makes changes for SH a lot harder.

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
The AWP is OP, but the Deagle MUST HAVE A NERF. It's too much power in a sidearm!

The shot guns would be actualy worth something if they got a close-range buff, as of now they just SEEM like they are good.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +2400
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »
The AWP is OP, but the Deagle MUST HAVE A NERF. It's too much power in a sidearm!

The shot guns would be actualy worth something if they got a close-range buff, as of now they just SEEM like they are good.
...What.
The shotguns are snipers... How can they SEEM good?

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline sam6321

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
The fact that people can actually snipe with the shotguns and manage to get kills basically means they're broken.
Especially when I've NEVER been able to pull off a one shot one kill, or had anyone pull off a one shot one kill on me with them at close range. (Hmm, aren't shotguns meant to be lethal in close quarters combat?)

So how is it possibly that they're actually a better long range weapon than short range? :S
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:03:09 PM by sam6321 »

Offline cogsandspigots

• Respect: +612
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
I like the shotgun's current range.
But yes, it needs a close range buff.

Offline Tabitha

• I see a fire, in your eyes....
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
I like the shotgun's current range.
But yes, it needs a close range buff.

^
This ^_^

If I dive too deep you'll pull me up, if I try to speak
you'll hear me out...If I get too weak you'll hold me
close...

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
The AWP is definitely OP. Shotguns are bitchy. To be honest I think the deagle is fine. It requires a bit of accuracy to use, especially at long range.