Author Topic: A rather interesting, and legal, website...  (Read 169 times)

Offline sam6321

• No, that was not hacking.
  • Respect: +4
A rather interesting, and legal, website...
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:10:35 AM »
+1
So one day, I was just chilling out on steam, talking to some buddies and having a good time. Suddenly one of my friends launches Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3. I immediately question his reasons and motives for purchasing the game. He only responds with one thing - this link.

https://www.g2play.net/

This is a link to a website called G2Play.

G2Play is a game CD-Key sales website that can provide buyers with the cheapest possible price for a video game while still purchasing the game legally.
They can do this by taking advantage of the worlds varying economy and allowing people to purchase games at prices they otherwise wouldn't be able to in their own country.

For example, I live in Australia. The price of Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 on Steam and in most game retail stores is around the $70 - $90 AUD range.
However, in Russia the equivalent price of MW3 is around $20 AUD due to differing economical state of Russia when compared to Australia.

Basically, this site allows gamers to pay the price that the game is ACTUALLY worth rather than paying the obscene prices set by some of the publishing companies.
I've used this website for two purchases, Saints Row 3 and Modern Warfare 3. You sign up with your E-Mail address, you make your purchase. Within about 20 mins G2Play emails you your CD Key for the game you purchased and provides instructions as to how to activate it. The site is not a fraud, nor a scam. It is completely legal to purchase products from this website - some even activate on steam (such as my two purchases)

So next time you're looking to purchase a new game, take a look at https://www.g2play.net/ to see if they have it cheaper than the standard market price in your country, you could end up saving a lot of money along with sticking it to the publishing companies that continually attempt to overcharge us gamers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:16:08 AM by sam6321 »
You gotta dye those shoes blue and cream son, blue and cream. But make sure you get pants and a hat to match, otherwise that shit'd just look silly yo.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
Re: A rather interesting, and legal, website...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:45:54 AM »
This is a pretty nice find...

Might browse a little to get an idea of the general prices for games.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:59:55 AM »
Niiice.
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Kelly

• ~<3:)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
I am not sure if this website is a scam or not. I tried ordering a Saints Row 3 key from them and they had asked me to take a picture of my " ID card, passport or driving license". I was not comfortable sending this kind of information to this website so I demanded a refund. They quickly refunded me and that's the last I've ever been to their website :idk:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FYI- Paypal never asked me for this kind of information before

Offline Cake Faice

• How can society be real
  • Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• if our oppresions aren't real?
  • Respect: +1541
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
This can definitely come in handy.

Offline Shawn

• Windows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• IGM: Shawn /Steam ID: Shawnchapp
  • Respect: +373
    • The Vault
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
I am not sure if this website is a scam or not. I tried ordering a Saints Row 3 key from them and they had asked me to take a picture of my " ID card, passport or driving license". I was not comfortable sending this kind of information to this website so I demanded a refund. They quickly refunded me and that's the last I've ever been to their website :idk:

FYI- Paypal never asked me for this kind of information before

Hmm ya seems alittle sketchy... paypal only requires an email address... You should never send such information to none government officials

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:32 AM »

Hmm ya seems alittle sketchy... paypal only requires an email address... You should never send such information to none government officials
This is untrue.

Many countries have requirements on online shops to validate people's age when buying games that are rated 16+.
Considering this shop is located in Europe, it's almost guaranteed that it's in some kind of country that has this law.

There's nothing sketchy about this.

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:39:41 AM »
These games can be activated on Steam, really, I don't think that Steam would accept this. Meh.