Author Topic: 2/2/12 Application: Unit  (Read 340 times)

Offline Jman

• NO FUN ALLOWED
  • Old Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +9999
    • Random Gaming
2/2/12 Application: Unit
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »
Unit's VIP Application

Name: Chris

In RND since: November 27th, 2009 (Technically August 19th, 2008 if you count the time before I was even UNIT or in RND; but the question asks for RND anyways butidunno).

Times online: Pretty much should/could be the whole week, Sun-Sat.

Usually from 10am-2pm and 4pm-1am during weekends (assuming there's nothing going on), and 4pm-11pm or 5pm-2am during weekdays.

Time Zone: GMT -5:00 (I believe).

Servers I mostly play on: TTT. However, seeing as how I've recently just been taking up residence in RND servers again, I may come back to ZS and Wirebuild when I feel comfortable.

Steam Name: •₳ⱤϾƕUηİŦ••©

Why I should be VIP:  I've been here for around 3 years (officially), and through that time, I've not only been subject to, but witnessed incredible troll sessions (to my displeasure), and quite honestly I don't think the people who get dicked around enjoy it (or so they tell everyone on the server).

Not to bitch, but TTT is awfully big now. All those guests. Practically Helpless until one or more of them act upon the situation (contact someone who can legitimately do something rather than yell at eachother in text or on mic, which happens 98% of the time), especially when there isn't a Reg/FamilliarGuests around.

And you can imagine if it's a fair threat (H4x, Massive RDM thus inciting majority of server population to Random the fuck out of itself and lose karma, and/or a Detective/Traitor Handing out special weapons consistently, or even ghosting etc) and everyone sits there and not only takes it, but lets the perpetrators run off and come back the same day under a different alias.

Especially if they can do it so easily, too.

Why I want to be VIP: There are most certainly a numerous amount of new people coming to the servers, and the servers that I have never been to. They are full of people I've never met, but I bet most are coolbros. HOWEVER, I also can bet that there are trolls/minges out there. I feel that, since there are new people joining RND every dai (and for the people that are already here) simply to have fun, they shouldn't be denied the ability to play the game/have a positive experience with the community, which is why they come/came in the first place.

Situations

Someone is Dicking around on Wirebuild™

People "Sacrificing" (Letting a zombie kill them, in order to kill the person next to them in, say, a barricaded room) every other wave/map;

I guess this corresponds with Prox's An official list of rules for each server,  In the sense that this is being exploited in a negative way.

Killing fellow Traitor buddies on TTT

Minging around/RDM/RDM "for one round only this time I promise I won't do it again" (I know, but it does happen sometimes ._.) wherein Admins/VIPs are gone

RDMing the detective as an innocent (the server is always usually packed to around 18 people (full). There's no telling with all that chaos. And it's happened before :u)

Someone is glitching, like map exploits (That one map with the name I forgot that has that exploit where people consistently bitch about, I think it'd be better if we just didn't even remember it was there).

Someone is using an aimbot (Haven't seen in a while, but who knows.)

Someone is using speedhacks (Again, some players out there stop at nothing. It's not likely at this time that a h4x0r will get past the System, but...)

Someone is mic-spamming, general population wants him/her gone, proceed to bitch.

I would tell instruct them how to mute people and that mic spamming is not a kick/bannable offense. I do that already, but people don't seem to respond to regulars saying anything :u

Someone is constantly disrespecting other people (Happens occasionally, things like "OMG FUCK RND AND EVERYONE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU RDM EVERYONE ASDF)

Someone is holding up the round on Deathrun

Someone is constantly committing suicide as Death in Deathrun (Fretta)

Killing fellow Traitor buddy on TTT like a dick instead of it occasionally being a legit, permissible accident.

RDMing the innocent as a Detective.

Someone is using a name changer to fuck with people

Contributions to RND:   I don't remember everything, but I do know the most recent (and even probably significant) contribution was to the TTT server, in Part with Cable, was the SWEP Icons for a couple guns (3)  :idk:

Things done In-Game: Various Wirebuild creations, attempts, things learned from others, Played ZS a bunch of times, dat TTT player (when possible), helped others during the past (A little stupid back then, but that was a different time).

Games I have (on Steam):  Counter-Strike Source (Thank you Snivy), Gmod (Thank you Peetah), Humble Bumble Indie Game Pack (Thank you Snivy), , Team Fortress 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Vegas 2 (Thank you Deacon).

Methods to contact me: STEAMCHAT, Email (probably obsolete to most), Occasionally TeamSpeak should I be there, and I think for this scenario a PM on the forums would work too. Steamchat is probably the most 'RESULT GET!' option.

A few friends active in RND:

Jimonions

Snivy M.D. (have seen)

Supertoaster

Cake Face

Schreii (I haven't seen in forever, unsure if comes onto servers that I haven't been to in while/comes on when I am not on)

Gamefreak

Cogsandspigots

Devie

Mr. Franklin (?)

Ledjohnny (Same for Led as it was for Schreii)

Sanders (Same for Sanders as it was for Led)

Sabb

Deg (I'm pretty sure you go on sometimes)

Peetah (No idea but asdf)

Deacon

Axule

Cogs

KHMarie

Tiger Guy

Cable (I swear I saw you recently, maybe)

(I can't even keep up with the namechanging; if I forgot you, I'm sorry .___.)

Extra:  I don't really mind if I get the Privilege or not, but it would be great to help others, and probably allow newcomers and regular guests/Regs (though I'm more than sure pretty much every Reg out there has enough experience/common sense by now to deal with the situation) and keep the experience of those who play normally a good one, the experience of those who have never played a good first impression, and keep them coming back for moar fawn.

Thank you in Advance, and Regardless.

Thanks to Don for reference to this app!

He's very mature and excellent at keeping his cool and making decisions. Out of everyone he deserves it most right now.  :thumbsup:

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: 2/2/12 Application: Unit
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
Yeah dude, Great guy, incredibly level headed, knows rules well. Too bad this app will be stuck in limbo.

Yay, regardless.

Offline Don

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
Yeah dude, Great guy, incredibly level headed, knows rules well. Too bad this app will be stuck in limbo.

Yay, regardless.
?
Apps posted today will still be dealt with.

Anyway, from what I've seen on the forums, he seems mature and friendly.  :thumbsup:

Offline Deathie

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

• Some music shit I made
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
Yeah, yes, yep and uh-huh.

I've been good friends with Unit for...well, shit. Since I joined rnd.

Awesome coolbro, like Deacon said, level headed as fuck, and knows the rules.

Strong +1 from me.

Check out my Soundcloud for some neat stuff!

Offline Apie2

• WAAAAZAAHHHH, You can eat me O_o
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »
Hehe.
I can't find a reason why he shouldn't be VIP.
 :thumbsup:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
Fucking +1.
He's deserved it for a LOOOONG time.
Completely trust his decision making ability.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
Haven't played with him that much but proved a great maturity on the forums and never have I heard any complaints from him.

Seems like a cool guy, and pretty sure he is. Deserving of VIP  :thumbsup:

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
A bit... weird, even by my own standards, but I think he'll be a great VIP nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »
Do I really have to put a reason?
+1

Spoiler: Just in case (click to show/hide)

Offline Prox

• WORLD MEME DATABASE
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverBest Signature 2013
    View More Badges!

• The mosquito man
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »
Great guy, incredibly level headed, knows rules well.

Offline Don

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 12:25:53 AM »
Since someone stole moo's approved/denied pictures, I'm gonna have to write text.

You have enough votes to be promote (5/5), so congratulations to your VIP.

I already promoted you in-game blablabla

Approved.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:28:19 AM by DoeniDon »

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 07:52:41 AM »
Since someone stole moo's approved/denied pictures, I'm gonna have to write text.

You have enough votes to be promote (5/5), so congratulations to your VIP.

I already promoted you in-game blablabla

Approved.
It's a tradition. We must.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun