Author Topic: I need a new GPU  (Read 306 times)

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
  • Respect: +16
    • Youtube
Re: I need a new GPU
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
I thought it was up there but in case it wasnt my PSU is 460 watts and case is xps 8300

Can you provide me with your Motherboard?

Also, for your Power Supply, I need to know how many cords of the 4-pin jacks it has, and 6-pin. Just look for cords going from you power supply that have 4 pins in it at the end, or 6 pins in it at the end (if it has 6 pins, 2 can be taken off, if needed..I can explain how to do this.)
If it only has one 4-pin, and your motherboard needs it..some High-End video cards require this 4-pin jack. Resulting in the video card not working, or your motherboard not working. Depending on which you hook it up to, of course  :)

4-pin looks like this:

6-pin looks like this:

Would help me to find out what you can take  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:02:02 AM by MetaHaze »

Offline Deathstrike

• ASDF
  • Respect: +10
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »

Can you provide me with your Motherboard?

Also, for your Power Supply, I need to know how many cords of the 4-pin jacks it has, and 6-pin. Just look for cords going from you power supply that have 4 pins in it at the end, or 6 pins in it at the end (if it has 6 pins, 2 can be taken off, if needed..I can explain how to do this.)
If it only has one 4-pin, and your motherboard needs it..some High-End video cards require this 4-pin jack. Resulting in the video card not working, or your motherboard not working. Depending on which you hook it up to, of course  :)

4-pin looks like this:

6-pin looks like this:

Would help me to find out what you can take  ;D
i using the standard xps 8300 motherboard from dell and the PSU is a dell one.but i read it can support up to a 550 gtx.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:06:28 PM by Deathstrike »

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »
Well, I've found a high-end gaming card, Your motherboard will most likely work with this. I've checked over every single feature and recommendation for this card, your computer seems to meet them all.  ;D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

For the power cable you get (upon buying the video card):

Insert the white cables into two of the same cables (RUNNING FROM THE POWER SUPPLY.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:08:09 PM by MetaHaze »

Offline Deathstrike

• ASDF
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
Well, I've found a high-end gaming card, Your motherboard will most likely work with this. I've checked over every single feature and recommendation for this card, your computer seems to meet them all.  ;D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

For the power cable you get (upon buying the video card):

Insert the white cables into two of the same cables (RUNNING FROM THE POWER SUPPLY.)
Thanks dude. Btw do you know any cheap Mini-Hdmi to Hdmi adapters?

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 03:34:16 AM »
Thanks dude. Btw do you know any cheap Mini-Hdmi to Hdmi adapters?

No problem bro :)
Look from here, to find out which one you would want/need, and to see the price range.  ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=mini+hdmi+to+hdmi&x=0&y=0

Offline hotdog

• woof woof buns
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »
save your money buy a real psu with a 550 or more power rating that can be had for about 100 bucks, plus you can get a pretty fast gpu for under 150. hell the evga 550 ti is like 130 bucks.

the main thing is do you even have a motherboard with a pcie16x slot?

Offline Deathstrike

• ASDF
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
save your money buy a real psu with a 550 or more power rating that can be had for about 100 bucks, plus you can get a pretty fast gpu for under 150. hell the evga 550 ti is like 130 bucks.

the main thing is do you even have a motherboard with a pcie16x slot?
yes i have a pcie16x slot