Author Topic: Problem with my computer  (Read 124 times)

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
  • Respect: +72
Problem with my computer
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
Ok..no one did answer my question in help topics, so now I'm putting in Computers.

Hi guys.

This thing started years ago. When I got my computer, I installed Counter Strike 1.6. I played much CS 1.6 .Someday, I installed Steam and I use pirated games. Ok, days after I was playing Counter Strike 1.6, but when I pressed "W" (forward) he walk much and if I press the mouse button, the CPU does beeps (not only with W). This problem still have on my computer. All old Valve games was uninstalled and all Steam games now is bought. Help me guys.

Thanks.

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
  • Respect: +16
    • Youtube
Re: Problem with my computer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:55 AM »
I really don't know what could be causing this...this is a wierd problem  ???

If the CPU is doing beeps..that is not good, it could be overheating..maybe needing some more gel on it (its cooling liquid under the processor)

I've had some similar problems, as when I walked in some games, the CPU froze up every second, never beeps though.

Offline Сєşάя

• I used to be annoying
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:53:35 AM »
I really don't know what could be causing this...this is a wierd problem  ???

If the CPU is doing beeps..that is not good, it could be overheating..maybe needing some more gel on it (its cooling liquid under the processor)

I've had some similar problems, as when I walked in some games, the CPU froze up every second, never beeps though.

It just makes beeps when it crashes when I start to walk and press the mouse or other keys (the number of beeps is relative to the number of keys that I pressed during this crash).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:57:22 AM »
It just makes beeps when it crashes when I start to walk and press the mouse or other keys (the number of beeps is relative to the number of keys that I pressed during this crash).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright.., I think I know the problem. AMD processors, tend to overheat faster than any other processor, mostly because they are usually overclocked. (they are used for overclocking mainly, As they are easiest, and get the highest speeds when overclocking.)

Have an experienced computer user, take the processor out, and check the gel...if there isn't much, thats the problem, your processor needs this cooling gel to cool itself off. So, I use Arctic Blast/Wolf gel, although I never really need to change my gel, maybe, once every 2-3 years, but this is because I use a dual core e5500 (INTEL Processor)

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
  • Respect: +331
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:55:36 AM »
Metahaze, somebody should smack you.
That "beep" you hear is from your mobo speaker, not the cpu, DO NOT take the cpu out like meta is saying. Actually, never listen to him ever again, with advice like that. If I remember correctly, it means you pressed a derpy key combo and your computer ignores it. Problem might be keyboard... Windows key stuck by chance? Pretty sure holding windows key with any other button causes that... I cant tell you because I tossed my mobo speaker out the window, heh.
@meta, less TP (Thermal paste, not goddamn jello) is good. Only should be enough to fill imperfections on the plate of heatsink and cpu. TP isnt as conductive as the metal itself. The mobo speaker signals are only used in POST for the most part. If your cpu is overheating, it shuts down instantly, it doesn't waste time beeping at you, considering it can go from roomtemp-100c before you could snap your fingers
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:04:37 AM by Degtyarev »
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline MetaHaze

• One more block!
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
Metahaze, somebody should smack you.
That "beep" you hear is from your mobo speaker, not the cpu, DO NOT take the cpu out like meta is saying. Actually, never listen to him ever again, with advice like that. If I remember correctly, it means you pressed a derpy key combo and your computer ignores it. Problem might be keyboard... Windows key stuck by chance? Pretty sure holding windows key with any other button causes that... I cant tell you because I tossed my mobo speaker out the window, heh.
@meta, less TP (Thermal paste, not goddamn jello) is good. Only should be enough to fill imperfections on the plate of heatsink and cpu. TP isnt as conductive as the metal itself. The mobo speaker signals are only used in POST for the most part. If your cpu is overheating, it shuts down instantly, it doesn't waste time beeping at you, considering it can go from roomtemp-100c before you could snap your fingers

He said, it crashes..not just beeps and does nothing bro.

Thermal paste, Gel, what the hell ever you wanna call it..does it matter?

And yes, it can spend time beeping, I've had many cpu's beep 2-3 times before it shuts off. Did he say he had a MOBO speaker? no he did not.

P.S: I'm just trying to help bro, you don't have to be an ass  ;)

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
He said, it crashes..not just beeps and does nothing bro.

Thermal paste, Gel, what the hell ever you wanna call it..does it matter?

And yes, it can spend time beeping, I've had many cpu's beep 2-3 times before it shuts off. Did he say he had a MOBO speaker? no he did not.

P.S: I'm just trying to help bro, you don't have to be an ass  ;)
Im an ass because you went from "Beeping when I press buttons" to "CPU overheating, remove it", makes you a troll
And cpu doesnt have a speaker. Its the mobo speaker or the "normal" speakers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:19:22 AM by Degtyarev »

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »
I thought all not super shitty mobos came with mobo speakers.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »
I thought all not super shitty mobos came with mobo speakers.
No, they usually come with the computer case, oddly enough.

Offline Frank

• Cunt Destroyer
  • Windows UserOld Forum MemberDog LoverCat LoverDonator
    View More Badges!

• Respect: +728
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
No, they usually come with the computer case, oddly enough.
That's what I meant.