Author Topic: Hard Gay's Ban Appeal  (Read 250 times)

Offline Hard Gay

Hard Gay's Ban Appeal
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:53:38 AM »
1. Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38105043

2. Players Nickname: Hard Gay

3. Your in-game name: Hard Gay

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival): Wirebuild

5. Description of the event(s): Degtyarev was killing me with the e2 killer (I deserve it) so I thought what if I change my name to his? I wonder if it would confuse the e2 killer. e2 killer is smart, still killed me anyways. After some messing around I changed back my name. Don came, assumed Deg called him, banned me without warning, reason being "impersonating".

6. Reason for appeal: I don't see why this ban is justifiable as deg never shown me any unhappiness about me using his name. I did changed back before don came. Thought he just came here playing then all of a sudden a ban without warning. I think I should be given a warning first before ban.

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s): None

8. Link to sourceban page: http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:38105043&advType=steamid&Submit

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

Re: Hard Gay's Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:16:30 AM »
It's only 2 hours...
And you admit that you were minging him...
And then impersonating I suppose, so why would you require a warning? You knew what you were doing.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Offline Hard Gay

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:40:48 AM »
It's only 2 hours...
And you admit that you were minging him...
And then impersonating I suppose, so why would you require a warning? You knew what you were doing.

How would I know if he came to ban me for impersonating? I'm done with it before don came I thought it was over. Deg never told me anything wrong about impersonating him. I was just doing it to try to trick the e2 killer. I think if it's wrong they should told me before making any drastic action.

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »
How would I know if he came to ban me for impersonating? I'm done with it before don came I thought it was over. Deg never told me anything wrong about impersonating him. I was just doing it to try to trick the e2 killer. I think if it's wrong they should told me before making any drastic action.
I'm saying you know what you were doing wrong, admitting to minging, it doesn't matter if an admin is on while you do it or not. Doesn't deserve a warning.

Offline Hard Gay

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:23 AM »
I'm saying you know what you were doing wrong, admitting to minging, it doesn't matter if an admin is on while you do it or not. Doesn't deserve a warning.

Not minging, just 'impersonating', if that means changing to other people's name for ANY reason at all. I don't think 'impersonating' is entirely wrong. If so, how do you explain times where people in ZS did it while admins/vips were in and no action was taken against them? I see that only impersonating to be abusive is wrong, which I'm totally not. All I say is, tell me if I'm wrong, I will change it back.

Offline Sabb

View More Badges!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »
1. Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38105043

2. Players Nickname: Hard Gay

3. Your in-game name: Hard Gay

4. Server name (Wirebuild, Zombie Survival): Wirebuild

5. Description of the event(s): Degtyarev was killing me with the e2 killer (I deserve it) so I thought what if I change my name to his? I wonder if it would confuse the e2 killer. e2 killer is smart, still killed me anyways. After some messing around I changed back my name. Don came, assumed Deg called him, banned me without warning, reason being "impersonating".

6. Reason for appeal: I don't see why this ban is justifiable as deg never shown me any unhappiness about me using his name. I did changed back before don came. Thought he just came here playing then all of a sudden a ban without warning. I think I should be given a warning first before ban.

7. Screenshots or demo(s) | Optional console log(s): None

8. Link to sourceban page: http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:38105043&advType=steamid&Submit
I consider that to be admitting to more than the whole impersonating deal.
The only reason I'm commenting on this appeal is because Deg was complaining to me in Steam, saying what he was doing and why, but I was too busy to come and help at the time. I believe that's also why Don was quicker to ban, which is reasonable, but either way I'll let Don explain his side.

Offline Don

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »
Deg complained to me that you were impersonating him and were minging on wirebuild, then took screenshots and gave them to me.

So I banned you.

It's only 2 hours. ._.

If so, how do you explain times where people in ZS did it while admins/vips were in and no action was taken against them? I see that only impersonating to be abusive is wrong, which I'm totally not. All I say is, tell me if I'm wrong, I will change it back.
When did this happen?
I wouldn't know about it. Besides, I have banned for impersonating before on TTT and Crit Nick got banned for impersonating on ZS, so that doesn't really work.

Offline Hard Gay

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 06:48:21 AM »
Deg complained to me that you were impersonating him and were minging on wirebuild, then took screenshots and gave them to me.

So I banned you.

It's only 2 hours. ._.
When did this happen?
I wouldn't know about it. Besides, I have banned for impersonating before on TTT and Crit Nick got banned for impersonating on ZS, so that doesn't really work.

Wanted to clarify I wasn't minging. Maybe you should come in to clarify before banning me?

Deg was building this 4 rotary cannon turret thing, which proved to be very laggy to the server. Tech warned him about it, did a little demo to show him, he wouldn't listen. I warned him too, he insisted to build it. Can't take the lag anymore I blew it up, he proceed to build it again, this time hiding underground. Didn't want to be mingy so I didn't blow up his 2nd attempt. I was like 'fuck it imma leave anyways' so I spent my last minutes toying with him, no real annoyance.

I was there watching, he didn't even want me to get close to him so he used the e2 spawnkiller on me. It was then I thought 'what if I used his name? Would the e2 be confused?' but it didn't, still killed me anyways. Okay it was proven, and so you came. Minutes later you banned me.

I know it was only 2 hours, I can digest that but jbanned tag for it? I mean you should just come in and ask 'hey whats going on' before the ban perhaps? What about lagging the server, is that alright? Sorry mate.

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 06:12:16 PM »
I know what Hard Gay did may have been bad but Deg shouldn't be putting the E2 spawner on people
Who he thinks are threats he did this before and I recorded and still have the Demo as Hotgreen told me to save it.

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline memo3300

• Windows UserOld Forum MemberLeague PlayerDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• the measure of a man is what he does with power
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
more than an appeal this should be a report...

S[hes] Br[ok]en

Offline Samo

• N3RDSLAYA2003
  • Windows User
    View More Badges!

• So smug. So sly.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
Its only 2 hours... calm down.
The ban has expired anyways. This appeal is no longer valid.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
Wanted to clarify I wasn't minging. Maybe you should come in to clarify before banning me?

Deg was building this 4 rotary cannon turret thing, which proved to be very laggy to the server. Tech warned him about it, did a little demo to show him, he wouldn't listen. I warned him too, he insisted to build it. Can't take the lag anymore I blew it up, he proceed to build it again, this time hiding underground. Didn't want to be mingy so I didn't blow up his 2nd attempt. I was like 'fuck it imma leave anyways' so I spent my last minutes toying with him, no real annoyance.

I was there watching, he didn't even want me to get close to him so he used the e2 spawnkiller on me. It was then I thought 'what if I used his name? Would the e2 be confused?' but it didn't, still killed me anyways. Okay it was proven, and so you came. Minutes later you banned me.

I know it was only 2 hours, I can digest that but jbanned tag for it? I mean you should just come in and ask 'hey whats going on' before the ban perhaps? What about lagging the server, is that alright? Sorry mate.
I never lagged, and I never fired it, told you I wasnt going to. Told you multiple times I wasnt going to. And that isnt the only thing you blew up. Tiny the tank Ive been working on (Poorly .-.), you also ended up blowing up by spamming your acf bombs. Want to explain that one while your at is? You then proceeded to tell me your reasoning for blowing the stuff up was "Tech isnt here".
As for the e2, I was trying to make autokiller (works well against minges such as yourself, though I didnt use it against you) less mingey with commands. Set it up to target myself, and you were next to me, it hit you. I guess you assumed you were the one being targeted, and changed your name. Tried it again, and instead of targeting Deg(me) it targeted deg(you). Asked don if he was busy then, and the moment his name popped up, you changed your name back. Also juan, It killed him 3 times, and noly because he was under my name when it should have been targeting me.
Sorry if this is a bit messy, kind of tired at time of posting.
EDIT: @ juan, previous guy I gave over 5 chances to stop blowing up everybody's props, and he continued killing everyone with acf ammo and shooting random props with morters. 5 chances was enough, I checked if any admins were on (forgot vips could ban, Ive been gone awhile, heh), but everyone I had added was busy. So I waited, and prevented him from minging against anyone else in the meantime. He wouldnt even appoligize.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:23:15 PM by Degtyarev »
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons

Offline Juan_Ambriz

• Guys is it wrong that....
  • POENIS
    • My Youtube. Mostly tech help SUB!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
I never lagged, and I never fired it, told you I wasnt going to. Told you multiple times I wasnt going to. And that isnt the only thing you blew up. Tiny the tank Ive been working on (Poorly .-.), you also ended up blowing up by spamming your acf bombs. Want to explain that one while your at is? You then proceeded to tell me your reasoning for blowing the stuff up was "Tech isnt here".
As for the e2, I was trying to make autokiller (works well against minges such as yourself, though I didnt use it against you) less mingey with commands. Set it up to target myself, and you were next to me, it hit you. I guess you assumed you were the one being targeted, and changed your name. Tried it again, and instead of targeting Deg(me) it targeted deg(you). Asked don if he was busy then, and the moment his name popped up, you changed your name back. Also juan, It killed him 3 times, and noly because he was under my name when it should have been targeting me.
Sorry if this is a bit messy, kind of tired at time of posting.
EDIT: @ juan, previous guy I gave over 5 chances to stop blowing up everybody's props, and he continued killing everyone with acf ammo and shooting random props with morters. 5 chances was enough, I checked if any admins were on (forgot vips could ban, Ive been gone awhile, heh), but everyone I had added was busy. So I waited, and prevented him from minging against anyone else in the meantime. He wouldnt even appoligize.

Thats why there is a Global Chat

THANKS CRYPTO BB

Offline Hard Gay

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »
Deg, I only blew up your stuff ONCE, excluding the other one time I blew up tech's demo as it proved very laggy. How are you not going to fire it if you were building it? Not that I didn't warn you about it, you should have prepared.

Not the first time you been an annoyance in wirebuild. How dare you accuse me of stuff I never did (e.g. blow up your tank). FYI I'm not the only one using it. I don't remember your tank being blown up but if it did, it's probably tech doing the aerial bombing. Sorry for that.

Offline Osme

• Feel like whinin'?
  • Linux UserWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• Get some wine in.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
Deg, I only blew up your stuff ONCE, excluding the other one time I blew up tech's demo as it proved very laggy. How are you not going to fire it if you were building it? Not that I didn't warn you about it, you should have prepared.

Not the first time you been an annoyance in wirebuild. How dare you accuse me of stuff I never did (e.g. blow up your tank). FYI I'm not the only one using it. I don't remember your tank being blown up but if it did, it's probably tech doing the aerial bombing. Sorry for that.
From what you told me in game chat, I guess I didnt clarify. That bit about the "over 5 chances thing" wasnt about you. I was replying to Juan about a separate thing. You did however blow up my TinyTank with ammo crates, along with the AA battery I was going to make, 2 occasions.
Either way, this wasnt what you were banned for
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:15:22 AM by Degtyarev »
Code: [Select]
for(;;) procrastinate = !procrastinate;Damn emoticons