Author Topic: Xylus' Ban appeal request.  (Read 206 times)

Xylus

Xylus' Ban appeal request.
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I've come to request the investigation and removal of a previous ban of mine. And even if not I'd like to explain the situation from my perspective.

Steam Nickname: Xylus
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:33831311
In-game Nickname: Xylus.
Server: TTT
Brief Description: Alright, so I can't exactly remember the name of the map (It's the really wide-open snow map, plenty of of sniping spots and the exploding tower, you know the one) And I was hanging around the graveyard on my innocent round. Eventually I looked up at the mountainside to notice someone mow down another person without identifying the body. So naturally I watched them come down the ramp and shot him in the back repeatedly with the default pistol, killing him. It turns out he was also an innocent. (I'd later found out after speaking to some of the players that the person he had killed and himself were having arguments and RDMing each other.) A short while after when trying to log into the server I'd noticed that I was banned, and upon investigation found that he had reported me for "aimbots" and "T-hacks / ghosting". Now I don't know about you but taking 8 shots in the back with a pistol isn't exactly aimbots to me, and if seeing someone murder another person with my own eyes is traitor hacking, then I suppose I'm guilty. As for ghosting I didn't know anyone on the server at the time and not a single one of them were added as my friend on Steam.

Reason for appeal: I believe that this was a wrongful ban, It was enacted quickly and without my input on the events PRIOR to his death. And I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to rejoin the community and to continue playing here.

Sourcebans link: http://bans.randomgs.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Xylus&Submit=

Thank you or taking the time to read my appeal, I hope you all have a pleasant evening  :keroppi:

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: Xylus' Ban appeal request.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »

Xylus

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
So, repeatedly shooting someone in the back is aimbots? Hmm...

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
its the snapping.

Offline Castle

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:02:46 AM »
You didn't see the guy, but coming out of the corner you instantily snap to his head?

I'm sorry, but -1.

Offline Supertoaster

• A completely superfluous bottle of cough syrup
  • Cat LoverWindows User
    View More Badges!

• Only six bucks
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:28 AM »
Yeah, I looked at the video. I saw the "snapping" movement.  :thumbsdown:

Offline blαh2355

• Welcome to aperture science!
  • League PlayerWindows User
    View More Badges!

• May we perform tests on you?
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:24:45 AM »
Obvious quick "snaps". Don't aimbot >:( :thumbsdown:

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 06:32:02 AM »
You weren't banned for why you killed him. You were banned for the obvious aimbot. (the whole snapping onto his head part)

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

psychotec999

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
Its obvious aimbot, you shouldnt be unbanned  :thumbsdown:

Xylus

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
It's not aimbots, mate. I mean, I don't know how to prove it to you but it wasn't. I'm not sure if it was server lag or what. But I can assure you it isn't aimbots. I mean, I really love the servers and in the very least I would love to perhaps have an opportunity to play on them again, maybe just on a trial basis? You could just watch me closely to make sure there isn't anything else "suspicious" going on. If there's anything I can do to prove myself to you all let me know...

Offline ursus

• Linux UserCat LoverWindows UserOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• drunkposting is the music of the soul
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »
I still wonder why people use snap aimbots.

It's like literally putting a sign on your back that says "Ban me please."

Also, -1

Offline Sabb

• 2009 Snowball Competition WinnerWindows UserOld Forum MemberDedicated Summoner
    View More Badges!

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
I'm very close to denying this. The more I look at that video, which I actually remember, the more I ask myself why I don't.

Lithuanian pride world wide!: sun doesnt revolve around the sun

Xylus

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
I've been banned already for several months. Even though essentially everyone is convinced that this is "aimbots" you don't think it would be possible to allow me to come back on a probationary period? I'm not trying to harm the community in any way and I miss the servers. Any chance to prove myself would be appreciated, rather than just "LOLHAXGTFO" at the first sign of anything suspicious.

Offline Dark Pacifist

• Linux User
    View More Badges!

• Please gather round while I detonate the bomb.
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
Xylus no offense but anyone can pretend to be good for awhile thus making the probationary period idea pointless.
As for suspicion this seems to be proof rather than suspicion.
Maybe if you had admitted to it in the initial report you could have earned lenience.
-Hibernating till summer-

Xylus

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
What do you want me to say? That I fucked up and used an aimbot and I'd like a second chance to prove that hey, I'm not always a douchebag and maybe I only use it to end RDM fests? Because I would be happy to if that's all you'd wanted...
Also, I wasn't there for the initial report. My computer was completely ruined and I had to get a new one, otherwise I would have at least responded to it...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:46:27 PM by Xylus »