Author Topic: Karma reset to 500  (Read 195 times)

Offline Boncey

• Respect: +8
Karma reset to 500
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
People keep RDMing on TTT, I kill them because they RDM. Simple sence right. Karma goes down :(

If you want to +1 me then -1 me, if you want to -1 me then +1 me I want all the disrespect!

Cannot add a thread job already committed to another thread pool

Offline TehHank

• Party-sans
  • Windows UserLeague PlayerDedicated SummonerDog Lover
    View More Badges!

• Comrade, why are we using potatoes
  • Respect: +1072
Re: Karma reset to 500
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
Theres nothing we or you can do apart from assisting in killing traitors later on or just wait for karma to go back up.

once i accidentally killed 5 innocents and 1 traitor with a C4 which was tried to be diffused by an inno. I went down to 10 karma. After 6-7 rounds i managed to get it back up to 800.

Offline Boncey

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
The main causes of these RDM are Mr. Gusta!

I will upload proof soon!

If you want to +1 me then -1 me, if you want to -1 me then +1 me I want all the disrespect!

Offline Kamikaze

• Don't tell me you're going to love and tolerate me
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »
The main causes of these RDM are Mr. Gusta!

I will upload proof soon!
I disagree. I've never seen him RDM but you I know you have.
Stop with all the pony crap already. It's getting old.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
Theres nothing we or you can do apart from assisting in killing traitors later on or just wait for karma to go back up.

IMO there should be an admin-only thing that lets them set someone else
s karma, or re-set it all together, either to the default when joining for the first time, or something else.

[Also, I was wondering, say there is an admin on, and somebody gets screwed out of their tater round, is it unreasonable to ask said admin if they can force the screwed-out to be tater another round [not the one immediately after, it'd be obvious]?  It is built in to TTT as a cheat, mainly ttt_force_terror, ttt_force_traitor, and ttt_force_detective, and it would just be cool if said person, assuming he was legitly screwed out of a t round, and assuming he asked nicely, could be given another t round - especially given how possible it is to go 5 - 20 rounds without becoming tater again.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Don

• Respect: +1201
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
No admins should not be able to reset karma.
It'd be dumb and would only make even more people ask "can u reset my karma plz plz plz or i ddos" (which actually happened before).
99% of the time losing karma is your own fault. If you shoot everyone that acts remotely suspicious, you deserve to lose your karma. Don't kill people unless you're sure they're traitors.

And also as far as I know admins can't make people traitors.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »

As I pointed out, there ARE things built IN to the TTT game mode to force someone inno, detective, or traitor - but I guess that may only work if initialized by the one entering the code, and[/or?] unless we're running a version that is stripped of some features.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Kamikaze

• Don't tell me you're going to love and tolerate me
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »
It'd be dumb and would only make even more people ask "can u reset my karma plz plz plz or i ddos" (which actually happened before).
99% of the time losing karma is your own fault. If you shoot everyone that acts remotely suspicious, you deserve to lose your karma. Don't kill people unless you're sure they're traitors.

I hate having 1,000 karma. When ever I am innocent and I don't know how I just know that the person I am with is traitor but then I am just too scared of losing all 1,000 karma or anything.
Stop with all the pony crap already. It's getting old.

Offline Dale Feles

• Hoersface
  • Respect: +622
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

Oh lordy.

Thank you Marie for the sprite.

Offline Travelsonic

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »

People ask for karma resets a lot as it is, and it is frequently becoming more desirable to ask because of the influx of problem players in the last month - it is out of control.

Not to be snarky if it comes off that way, but made_up_statistic + poor presumption = poor argument.

Like somebody who comes on the server, and is killing innos -> nobody knows if he is an RDMer, you assume they are tater and kill them.

That isn't your fault, and situations like that are becoming more and more common since it is only that easy in an ideal world - in an ideal world, people played by the rules, and the risk of losing karma because of rdmers pretending to be taters or some other quirk would not be as great, but it really isn't that ideal of a world.

Offline Rocket50

• My god it's dusty
  • Respect: +946
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
Well, how about resetting karma to like, 400 after a week for everyone with karma below 300?

I doubt that RDMers could do a lot with 400 and anyone who actually makes a legitimate mistake and wnats to keep playing gets a easier time fixing karma...

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
>sees thread about how someone lost karma becasue he/she killed an RDMer*
>suggests idea that was also posted in thread*

What if you were to lose less karma when you killed a teamkiller? Say A killes three teammates, then B teamkills A. Normaly B would lose the equivalent of karma as if he killed someone who had A before A RDMed. But with my system B would lose less karma per one of A's team kills.

This will cut back on situatinos where RDMers are seen as Traitors and killed, causing the killer to lose a shit-ton of karma. Becasue of the previous situation many players are afraid of folowing through with a KoS (even from the Detective) for fear of losing karma. I believe this will help the server very much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:08:44 PM by Eion Kilant 739 »
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Boncey

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 04:52:21 AM »
I think I have the right .DEM file I recorded, This may be something else but I think this is the one :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnxr3ltidnb8rir

Offline Eion Kilant 739

• -blam!-
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 05:00:41 AM »
I think I have the right .DEM file I recorded, This may be something else but I think this is the one :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnxr3ltidnb8rir

:|

Mind uploading it to youtube (with link acess)?
I have avatars and signatures disabled. There is no reason to judge people here by anything other than what they post.

Offline Boncey

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
Why not just put it in your GMod folder and run it :)

I'll do a youtube thingy later, in-game atm