.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Projects

The Great War: Source

<< < (5/7) > >>

memo3300:
well, i will look foward on making a map for this gamemode, since i am in summer break, i have a lot of time to get better at mapping.

Mehis:
First of all, do you know anything about coding? Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you don't have any experience at all...
Also, lua ain't going to help much at all. You need to know C# (Or what ever HL2 was build on) references. You need to own Microsoft Visual Studio, which costs thousands of dollars. Lots of experience. Lots of custom models, unless you are going to use Day Of Defeat: Source models, which isn't really possible. Because it would be stealing.
Hiring coders is a bad idea. If you are the leader of the team, you are going to need to be the coder and usually the leader mapper. You need to build .fgd, so other mappers can make the objectives.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/My_First_Mod

Anyway, good luck. I hope you will succeed. I have always wanted to try World War games on Source engine.  :)

Deathie:

--- Quote from: Mehis on December 25, 2011, 02:58:40 AM ---Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you don't have any experience at all...

--- End quote ---

You're wrong.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED.

He's capable of doing it, no doubt.
The only challenge I see is that with group efforts like this is that UNLESS everyone working on the project is able to be 100% involved, it'le just die out.

Ἆxule:

--- Quote from: Snivy M.D. on December 25, 2011, 03:14:59 AM ---You're wrong.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED.

He's capable of doing it, no doubt.
The only challenge I see is that with group efforts like this is that UNLESS everyone working on the project is able to be 100% involved, it'le just die out.

--- End quote ---

Is Project Legends still going?

Deathie:

--- Quote from: Ἆxule on December 25, 2011, 03:18:53 AM ---Is Project Legends still going?

--- End quote ---

It's not really still alive.

It's more of a beaten down dog, hobbling around aimlessly with only the use of one leg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version