.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Guides

How to fix Wraiths on ZS!! (Flashlight not their spazing when they die)

(1/3) > >>

Juan_Ambriz:
I think this will only work if you have been able to see wraiths before with a flashlight, and now cant.
In order to fix this and keep your game at high quality settings you must

Open Steam

Go into Library

Right Click Garry's Mod

GO into Properties

Click on Set Launch Options

Copy and Paste this into it

-autoconfig-xres=1920-yres=1080

Trust me it should work if you were able to see wraiths before.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Alkaline:

Since when does the resolution of your screen help with a graphical problem?

If you are not able to see the shadows of wraiths, it is because your Shadows option is set to low in the Video Tab in the Options menu.
Maybe the options you listed helped you out but that would not help out someone on a 15inch monitor running with 800x600 resolution.

Deathie:

--- Quote from: Alkaline on December 18, 2011, 10:04:17 PM ---...

If you are not able to see the shadows of wraiths, it is because your Shadows option is set to low in the Video Tab in the Options menu.
Maybe the options you listed helped you out but that would not help out someone on a 15inch monitor running with 800x600 resolution.

--- End quote ---

The -autoconfig option just restores all your settings to default.

Meaning he must have did something like turn down his shadow detail to low, and just learned to fix it by restoring defaults ._.

Juan_Ambriz:

--- Quote from: Snivy M.D. on December 18, 2011, 10:18:23 PM ---The -autoconfig option just restores all your settings to default.

Meaning he must have did something like turn down his shadow detail to low, and just learned to fix it by restoring defaults ._.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Alkaline on December 18, 2011, 10:04:17 PM ---...

--- End quote ---

No, before an Update (4 months ago) my Shadow Detail was High  after the update I couldn't see it anymore and all of my options were stuck on low or medium, and it did NOT let me go to High.
I remembered that autoconfig restores it, and always puts the Resolution to a certain number.
So instead of having to change it every time you open Gmod these Startup option will automatically change them for you

Alkaline:

--- Quote from: Juan_Ambriz on December 18, 2011, 10:49:52 PM ---No, before an Update (4 months ago) my Shadow Detail was High  after the update I couldn't see it anymore and all of my options were stuck on low or medium, and it did NOT let me go to High.
I remembered that autoconfig restores it, and always puts the Resolution to a certain number.
So instead of having to change it every time you open Gmod these Startup option will automatically change them for you

--- End quote ---

If your settings keep resetting, wouldn't this be a problem with steam cloud?
I have never got the problem where it resets my options unless I completely reinstall the game. But if I reinstall the game, steam cloud would take care of this as it keeps up with the configs for your games.

But I never thought about using -autoconfig or a launch option to begin with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version