Author Topic: Rusty's Appeal  (Read 198 times)

Rusty

Rusty's Appeal
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »
Ingame Name: ๖ۣۜRusty_-

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25272720

Details: I was banned quite a while ago for wallhacks oh the fretta server. It was a poor choice and I have regreted it ever since.

Reason for appeal: I used to hack a lot, but I have been clean for 2 months now and I wish to re enter the communities that i disturbed with my poor sportsmanship.

Offline Deacon

• The righteous rise, with burning eyes
  • DonatorDWO Player
    View More Badges!

• of hatred and ill-will
Re: Rusty's Appeal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »
I vote no.

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:06:44 AM »
Thanks for coming back, but I'll have to agree with Deacon.
It's sort of like a life choice. You don'get to make a decision and then change it later on just because you didn't like the outcome.
Sorry man, should have thought about it before you had done it.

Good Luck with finding a place though

Rusty

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:40 AM »
Thats cool. If u really dont want me to be then thats fine.

Offline Alkaline

• Windows User
    View More Badges!

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
Can we have a link to your source ban and/or a link to the report so we/I can at least know what exactly happened?

But whether I get that or not   -1

You hacked and you were caught, even if you decided to play clean afterwards.
A Man named William Reed's last living testament says that he is going to read his own will.

Will Reed's will will read "Will Reed will read Will Reed's will"

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
I can sympathise with you. I've been VAC banned now for... Three? Maybe four years? And I know this isn't going to go down too well with this community, but then I provided my Steam ID as asked and nothing was said.

Now, when I hacked, I was around the age of 14-15. I knew what I was doing, and I thought it was fucking hilarious to troll servers and act like a cunt. As soon as I got banned, I was like... "Well, shit. Now what?" I was banned from every server. The only ones I could play on were the non-VAC ones, which were just full of hackers. And that was the worst part, and that's what brought me back down to earth; playing with the other hackers and NOT hacking. I put myself through that shit to see what it was like.

Several years later, I have a separate account to play those VAC games, and Garry's Mod doesn't come with the VAC security thing, so fortunately I can play it. However, I had to fork out nearly £100 to get all my other games back purely because of a stupid choice that lasted no more than a week. Sometimes you have to think before you act and this is something you're going to have to learn the hard way.

If it had been longer, I'd probably support you but two months? Pfft, no thank you. You need a lot longer to realise just how stupid you were for doing it. It's taken me years.

Offline Travelsonic

• We're gonna need a new obstacle course...
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »

If it had been longer, I'd probably support you but two months? Pfft, no thank you. You need a lot longer to realise just how stupid you were for doing it. It's taken me years.

Specific case aside, you know that not everybody takes the same amount of time, right?   ::)  It took you years, doesn't have to be quite so long for others - and others take even longer to learn a lesson.
lim ( Δ :trollface: -> 0 ) (:trollface: + Δ :trollface:)² + :trollface: = :trollface:

Offline Ἆxule

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 03:42:40 PM »
Specific case aside, you know that not everybody takes the same amount of time, right?   ::)  It took you years, doesn't have to be quite so long for others - and others take even longer to learn a lesson.

But he does have a point.
A couple of months isn't that long, even if he's learned from his mistake.

Offline Andy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 08:34:40 PM »

But it does. It may not take EXACTLY the same amount of time, but, like Axule said, it'll take a lot longer than a couple of months.

Offline Don

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »
We have a 0 tolerance policy on hackers, especially after only a few months.