Author Topic: DDOS attack on TTT server  (Read 67 times)

Offline Maxord

• Respect: 0
DDOS attack on TTT server
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:43 AM »
Hello,

Few minutes ago someone attacked your TTT server, everyone on server said it's DDOS and guy named Vinyl Scratch started to say that I did it though I don't have any idea how to DDOS and when I left the server it was still hmmm... unreachable ? I mean I couldn't reconnect to it. By the time I write this sentence server started to work.

PS: I suspect that Vinyl Scratch was the one who DDOSed

Edit: It's happening again...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:15:07 AM by Maxord »

Offline satwo

• Respect: 0
Re: DDOS attack on TTT server
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:21:21 AM »
all RGS servers went down.
shortly after the servers went back up, they went down again by another assult.
Xrain was on TTT with a few of us when it happend the second time. he can vouch for this.

Offline Xrain

• DWO PlayerOld Forum Member
    View More Badges!

• XRain - King of TL;DR
  • Respect: +635
Re: DDOS attack on TTT server
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:05:31 AM »
Yea it happens from time to time, someone does something stupid, gets banned, gets sad, feels DOS'ing server is best option to heal wounded ego. Proceeds to Dos for a while, sees business continues pretty much as usual anyway, gets board/someone else wounds their ego, goes somewhere else.

So it's pretty much a case of just bring a book or desired alternative form of entertainment with you when you play on the servers, if servers go down, read said book. They are up go ahead and play to hearts content.

But we appreciate the info, and coolz will see what he can do to fix things tomorrow.
" I don't take square roots, I make them. Then I set them out to cool after I baked them for 40 minutes."
"It's Canadia, not Chlamydia."
"Hold on I just have to ddos myself"
~Coolzeldad~

"I'm like 12 in my head" screen when I do video?"
~Minic~