.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Restricted (Read Only) => Übermensch Members => Topic started by: Cheesicle on September 30, 2011, 08:34:14 AM

Title: Fuck
Post by: Cheesicle on September 30, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
Yeah, I'm probably super late, but I just found out BF3 won't run on XP. Which just ruined my whole day.

I spent half the day downloading the fucking Beta, now I find out it won't even fucking work.

Goddamnit
Title: Re: Fuck
Post by: Osme on September 30, 2011, 09:20:26 AM
It is origin... Sadly not much else to say.
Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 09:23:33 AM
Well looks like I'm never getting it then Lol and looks like they just lost half their potential clientèle Lol
Post by: Osme on September 30, 2011, 09:24:59 AM
What exactly is the issue?
Post by: cogsandspigots on September 30, 2011, 10:23:28 AM
I tried to download it and my comp crashed everytime I did.

Great, another lost customer.
Post by: Supertoaster on September 30, 2011, 12:10:24 PM
Why not pingas 7?

Post by: Cake Faice on September 30, 2011, 02:08:54 PM
Well looks like I'm never getting it then Lol and looks like they just lost half their potential clientèle Lol

Nice overuse of lol. And I don't think they didn't lose half of their potential PC fanbase because they only have Windows XP.

But ontopic:

You know, even though it still may be reliable, Windows XP is 9-10 years old now. That's almost as if you're saying "Why the fuck won't Crysis work on mah Windows 2000/98". Seriously, technology changes over time, Frostbite 2 probably uses features that you can't get with Windows XP.

Unless you upgrade, you're going to encounter a lot of problems in PC's modern gaming.
Post by: Deathie on September 30, 2011, 02:22:00 PM
Nice overuse of lol. And I don't think they didn't lose half of their potential PC fanbase because they only have Windows XP.

But ontopic:

You know, even though it still may be reliable, Windows XP is 9-10 years old now. That's almost as if you're saying "Why the fuck won't Crysis work on mah Windows 2000/98". Seriously, technology changes over time, Frostbite 2 probably uses features that you can't get with Windows XP.

Unless you upgrade, you're going to encounter a lot of problems in PC's modern gaming.

It's because Frostbite 2 requiered DX10.1 minimum, and WinXP only goes up to dx9.

Which is a pain in the ass because mine supports DX10, but not 10.1 :l

Post by: Supertoaster on September 30, 2011, 02:41:42 PM
My friend also had a problem with ATI drivers on XP, they would simply fail to install for no reason. He did a complete wipe of the hard drive and tried again with no luck, but upgrading to 7 fixed it.
Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 04:36:01 PM

Maybe you just under use the word? Of course it means A lost of clients, out of 100 gamers i know only like 20 of them updated because last time windows came out with an update it was a complete and utter failure (Windows vista) now people just stick to what works or they can't afford to update so thats 80 people they just lost.

"you're going to encounter a lot of problems in PC's modern gaming"

In the last ten years this is the first time I've come across a game that i might play and i can't! so I'm not too concerned I'm not going to waste another $1,000+ just to get a $50 game.
Post by: Deathie on September 30, 2011, 04:39:49 PM
In the last ten years this is the first time I've come across a game that i might play and i can't! so I'm not too concerned I'm not going to waste another $1,000+ just to get a $50 game.

Good to know Shawn is still being Shawn.
Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 04:47:09 PM
Good to know Shawn is still being Shawn.

Because i rather not spend $1,000 just to play a game?
Post by: Supertoaster on September 30, 2011, 05:49:58 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116713 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116713)

$110 is pretty steep.
Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 06:53:36 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116713 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116713)

$110 is pretty steep.

When i upgrade i don't just buy the CD I buy a whole new computer "because thats how i rollz" But srsly if you're going to update you're better off buying new hardware at the same time.
Post by: Foofoojack on September 30, 2011, 07:37:52 PM
xbox
Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 07:46:15 PM
xbox

I'm actually planning to get one of those but i know nothing of them i know someone selling one for $100 but it doesn't have the motion shit and i have no clue if it's even worth $100 or if i should just say screw him and buy a new one...
Post by: Foofoojack on September 30, 2011, 08:47:30 PM
I'm actually planning to get one of those but i know nothing of them i know someone selling one for $100 but it doesn't have the motion shit and i have no clue if it's even worth $100 or if i should just say screw him and buy a new one...

"motion shit"?

if he's talking about xbox kinect, then oh well, that shit sucks.
if it's in good condition then buy it, they're well worth it
Post by: blαh2355 on September 30, 2011, 08:49:38 PM
ps3 (I do better on it than computer xD )
Post by: Foofoojack on September 30, 2011, 08:50:10 PM
ps3 (I do better on it than computer xD )

LOL this
Post by: Sabb on September 30, 2011, 09:01:21 PM
When i upgrade i don't just buy the CD I buy a whole new computer "because thats how i rollz" But srsly if you're going to update you're better off buying new hardware at the same time.
"I'm spending $100, so I might as well spend $1000. It only makes sense. Except it doesn't, because then the game costs to much."
Post by: Supertoaster on September 30, 2011, 09:20:03 PM
my friends amd duron processor (reary old cpu) runs vista fine, and i'm 100% sure your hardware is better then that.

Post by: Shawn on September 30, 2011, 09:50:20 PM
"I'm spending $100, so I might as well spend $1000. It only makes sense.

It does whats the point of upgrading if everything else in your computer is like ten years old? So my software would be able to run the game but i doubt my hardware would be able too.
Post by: Deathie on September 30, 2011, 11:33:49 PM
It does whats the point of upgrading if everything else in your computer is like ten years old? So my software would be able to run the game but i doubt my hardware would be able too.

Shawn,

Please stop being so stupid.

Sincerely,
- Natural Selection

Seriously, you just contradicted everything you said in your initial post.
Post by: Shawn on October 01, 2011, 06:54:52 AM
Shawn,

Sincerely,
- Natural Selection

Snivy, Please enlightening me to what i  contradicted in my OP i said i wasn't getting the game. i'm still not getting the game so i haven't contradicted anything. Srsly why do you always come into a thread and throw out an insult and leave? It's quite annoying. No one else in this thread is calling anyone names/insulting but you seem to always think you have too.
Post by: Sabb on October 01, 2011, 08:40:33 AM
Snivy, Please enlitenting me to what i  contradicted in my OP i said i wasn't getting the game. i'm still not getting the game so i haven't contradicted anything. Srsly why do you always come into a thread and throw out an insult and leave? It's quite annoying. No one else in this thread is called anyone names/insulting but you seem to always think you have too.
Shawn,

Sincerely,
- Natural Selection

Post by: Cheesicle on October 01, 2011, 09:26:51 AM
This thread = average day in rANdOm
Post by: Shawn on October 01, 2011, 09:29:47 AM

Pretty much Lol.
Post by: Osme on October 01, 2011, 10:42:03 AM
Needs a bit more myppl8 imo, but w/e.
Post by: » Magic « on October 02, 2011, 03:17:34 AM

But ontopic:

>more than half of Windows users are still Windows XP
Post by: Deathie on October 02, 2011, 03:46:24 AM
>more than half of Windows users are still Windows XP

Yes Magic,
because those statistics count schools, families who don't use their PC for things other than work, and grandmothers.

Anyone who put the money in for a gaming PC,  the ones who would even TRY playing these games, would aim for Dx10.

Dx10 isn't supported by XP.

Ergo, people who actually want to play modern games have a card that AT LEAST supports directX 10, and will have or have already upgraded to windows 7.

Why the fuck have I been acting like such an asshole recently?
Post by: Shawn on October 02, 2011, 07:29:04 AM
Yes Magic,
because those statistics count schools, families who don't use their PC for things other than work, and grandmothers.

Anyone who put the money in for a gaming PC,  the ones who would even TRY playing these games, would aim for Dx10.

You are correct with that however lots of gamers are kids therefor its not up to them if they upgrade or not, it's up to their parents/legal guardians and considering the way the economy has been for the last few years i can honestly tell you they had other things on their minds then "Better upgrade my child's computer"