.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Computers => Topic started by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 12:58:53 PM

Title: AntiVirus Thread
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 12:58:53 PM
The 2011 version beats avast and is the leading anti-virus software.
 :thumbsup:

ucanloknow.

I'm still going to stick with my avast pro for now Lol since it haas never failed me :P

//Made in antivirus thread -Magic
Title: Re: AntiVirus Thread
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 01:45:40 PM
I'm a faggot who never uses antivirus software and always has his firewall turned off.

Really, I have yet to catch a virus. It's just common sense to avoid them :L
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 01:51:43 PM
I'm a faggot who never uses antivirus software and always has his firewall turned off.

I bet you have like 30 virus's and don't even know it Lol you do realize most virus don't cause much harm but once you get so many of them You'll notice it Lol
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 01:53:05 PM
I bet you have like 30 virus's and don't even know it Lol you do realize most virus don't ause much harm but once you get some many of them You'll notice it Lol

I used a windows scanner a couple times, last time in like December.

It never detected anything :L
Post by: Peetah on January 30, 2011, 02:05:27 PM
Microsoft Security essentials.
Its free and THE best free antivirus.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 30, 2011, 02:29:51 PM
I used a windows scanner a couple times, last time in like December.

It never detected anything :L
lol, you probably do have a bunch of viruses. Like keyloggers that can phish ur stuff bro.
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 05:02:24 PM
Microsoft Security essentials.
Its free and THE best free antivirus.

You're joking right?
Post by: Pryvisee on January 30, 2011, 06:25:39 PM
You're joking right?

lol, that's what I thought. But then I was like "Naw it's peetah. He can't be trollin'" But then I was like "Maybe he is actually trollin' but just trollin' us cuz he normally doesn't troll" So that's a double troll right there.

Banned.
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 06:27:27 PM
I've never had an issue with account theft either.

I'm careful when I do things. Lol. I've never needed a antivirus cause I don't do shit like "OLO I WANT THIS GAEM WHAT GOOGLE SAYS ITS FREE OK OH ITS ONLY 100KBS MUST B SMALL GAEM INSTALL"

Even when I torrent, I use private trackers.
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 06:54:54 PM
I've never had an issue with account theft either.

I'm careful when I do things. Lol. I've never needed a antivirus cause I don't do shit like "OLO I WANT THIS GAEM WHAT GOOGLE SAYS ITS FREE OK OH ITS ONLY 100KBS MUST B SMALL GAEM INSTALL"

Even when I torrent, I use private trackers.

LMAO do you really think thats the only way to get virus' or keyloggers on your machine? IE thought Torrents and google?
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 07:10:33 PM

LMAO do you really think thats the only way to get virus' or keyloggers on your machine? IE thought Torrents and google?

Care to explain to me how else, aside from downloading and installing shit that's obviously unsafe?
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 07:22:56 PM

Care to explain to me how else, aside from downloading and installing shit that's obviously unsafe?

Just visting some websites Lol not to mention you said you don't have your firewall up so ya clearly thats a problem right there Lol
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 07:25:28 PM
Just visting some websites Lol not to mention you said you don't have your firewall up so ya clearly thats a problem right there Lol

._.

Who the fuck just clicks on random websites.

Don't be a fucking idiot.

Get something like Script enforcer. Saves on resources, and prevents javascripts from magically running flash videos that take up 50 Fucking megabytes of ram.
Post by: Seb on January 30, 2011, 07:29:50 PM

I'm going to save this in a .txt and post it next time a Mac User brags about not ever getting a virus.
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 07:31:54 PM
._.

Get something like Script enforcer. Saves on resources, and prevents javascripts from magically running flash videos that take up 50 Fucking megabytes of ram.

No need to be a douche, jackass Lol one would assume if you don't have your firewall up and have no anti virus program you are the idiot in this case and since you didn't have any of those how am i suppose to know you have a script enforcer? (Which my anti-virus has script blocker built in :P)
Post by: Deathie on January 30, 2011, 07:36:53 PM
I'm going to save this in a .txt and post it next time a Mac User brags about not ever getting a virus.
Macs are really for people who don't know too much about computers and are filthy stinking rich.

I don't have anything against them for older people, or younger children, but for the average college student/gamer/ect, I would try to convince them to get a windows-based PC :L

No need to be a douche, jackass

That's how you always talk to other people though.

In most of your posts, when someone says something, you go "LOL" or "LMAO" and start talking to them like they're an idiot. It really started to piss me off.

And like I said, it's just common logic to not wander off to websites like that, it's like the browser-based version of steam phishing attempts.
Post by: Shawn on January 30, 2011, 07:46:51 PM
That's how you always talk to other people though.

In most of your posts, when someone says something, you go "LOL" or "LMAO" and start talking to them like they're an idiot. It really started to piss me off.

And like I said, it's just common logic to not wander off to websites like that, it's like the browser-based version of steam phishing attempts.

O.o I do the Lol so people know not to take the post seriously thats why i include that Lol i don't do it to make it seem like you're idiot or anything if thats how you take it then i apologize for that...

Yes it is common logic however some trusted website run popup ad's that are not trusted that contain these "bad things" Thats why i mentioned it.
Post by: » Magic « on January 31, 2011, 07:58:05 AM
Epic thread derail...
Post by: Frank on January 31, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
FireFox + NoScript + AdBlocker = Profit
Post by: Don on January 31, 2011, 09:13:50 AM
>Firefox
>NoScript
>Flashblock
>Adblock
>greasemonkey

Problem, people using anti-virus programs that usually slow down your entire system by over 50%?
Post by: Bear on January 31, 2011, 11:44:01 AM
get mac - avoid virus', Keyloggers and other shit :D
never ever had a problem with virus' :)

Post by: Jman on January 31, 2011, 12:05:27 PM
Spybot: Search and Destroy.

Best fucking free anti-virus/virus scanner/virus remover on the market.
Post by: Frank on January 31, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
Spybot: Search and Destroy.

Best fucking free anti-virus/virus scanner/virus remover on the market.

mfw anti
Post by: Bear on January 31, 2011, 12:19:34 PM
Macs are really for people who don't know too much about computers and are filthy stinking rich.

I don't have anything against them for older people, or younger children, but for the average college student/gamer/ect, I would try to convince them to get a windows-based PC :L

Im not filthy rich, and im a student…+ gamer, and im telling you i never had problems with running any of the steam games :)
Post by: Peetah on January 31, 2011, 12:27:36 PM
lolol Why everyone mad.
Microsoft security essential kicks ass.
If you guys do research you'll see.
Msse uses one the the lowest amounts of resources. Has I believe the highest detection rates.
I guess its underrated. :3
Post by: Deathie on January 31, 2011, 03:08:35 PM
lolol Why everyone mad.
Microsoft security essential kicks ass.
If you guys do research you'll see.
Msse uses one the the lowest amounts of resources. Has I believe the highest detection rates.
I guess its underrated. :3

What People think: NON ONONON ITS FR3E SO THAT MEANS ITS NOT GEWD OR THEY GUNA MAEK ME PAY OR SOMTHING CAUSE NOTHINGS FREE IN THIS WORLD. ITS MICROSOFT SO ITS GONNA GIVE MY COMPUTER THE RED RING OF DEATH ASLDMASDNKASN TAMTG.

What People say: Oh, but I like this antivirus software better.
Post by: Xrain on January 31, 2011, 04:25:06 PM
I just tried out Vipre antivirus, I used to have AVG but its been getting very recource intensive as of late.

I've been pretty impressed with it so far, it doesn't do all that marketing gimmick crap, it just looks for virus's and that's it. Never seemed to consume much cpu or ram usage at all.

Overall it feels very lightweight and effective. Plus they seem to update the virus definitions about 10 times a day.

If you are in the market for a new anti-virus id go with vipre.

If your 1337 h4xx0r sk1lls protect you from all virus's what the hell are you doing in a anti-virus thread anyway.

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/ (http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/)
Post by: Cake Faice on January 31, 2011, 04:32:57 PM
Im not filthy rich, and im a student…+ gamer, and im telling you i never had problems with running any of the steam games :)

You're on a Mac. That's a pretty big embarrassment to call yourself a gamer while solely operating off of Mac.

And death, dont think you're invincible to virus's just because you 'dont click on random websites' and use private trackers. There's thousands of more ways to get a virus then that. Unless you are running a very shitty computer or some sort, Avast free edition would not hurt to defend against obvious virus's that you wont know about. You're not pretty smart running your computer virus-protection free. Even Windows Firewall would help.

Never the less calling shawn a fucking idiot for surfing the web.
Post by: Peetah on January 31, 2011, 05:01:17 PM
Its kind of a fact that mac users think there superior.
And the Pc users who ACTUALLY know about tech are like wtf. (me)
Anyways, I think windows is more user friendly then macs.

Mac and there fancy ass animation with min and maximizing. And all the short cuts and crap.
Windows is better for people who dont know what there doing.
The only problem is people are stupid and they get viruses its fully there fault but they blame windows.
Post by: Deathie on January 31, 2011, 05:07:48 PM
And death, dont think you're invincible to virus's just because you 'dont click on random websites' and use private trackers. There's thousands of more ways to get a virus then that. Unless you are running a very shitty computer or some sort, Avast free edition would not hurt to defend against obvious virus's that you wont know about. You're not pretty smart running your computer virus-protection free. Even Windows Firewall would help.
I never said I was. I said I just knew how to avoid them.
And if you missed the last 1241414 times I said it, my PC is absolute shit. I have to save as many resources as I can. I only have 1GB.
My firewall is off for ease of use so I don't have to fiddle with annoying port forwarding or the "ALLOW THIS PROGRAM?" prompt every time I use something that connects to the network, which really makes it a hassle with servers since I don't have monitors for them.

If your 1337 h4xx0r sk1lls protect you from all virus's what the hell are you doing in a anti-virus thread anyway.
Because this wasn't an anti-virus thread before.
Post by: Tomcat on January 31, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
NOD32 anyone

Dun have it anymoar
Post by: Deathie on January 31, 2011, 05:19:43 PM
NOD32 anyone

Dun have it anymoar

Their logo is the robot from iRobot apparently.
Post by: Peetah on January 31, 2011, 05:27:20 PM
nod32 is good. But there are better ones now.
Post by: jimonions on February 01, 2011, 12:45:09 AM
Norton

Problem :trollface:

No but really, Norton has saved my ass many times before
Post by: YomoFox on February 01, 2011, 06:15:45 AM
I'm using Kaspersky Intermet sequlitty
Post by: Shawn on February 01, 2011, 07:46:22 AM
Norton

Problem :trollface:

No but really, Norton has saved my ass many times before

I haven't used Norton since like 2007-2008

Has it improved?
Post by: » Magic « on February 01, 2011, 08:16:00 AM
get mac - avoid virus', Keyloggers and other shit :D
never ever had a problem with virus' :)

Neither have I, and I don't use anything with Windows

All I have and need is WOT
Post by: Peetah on February 01, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

Has it improved?
From what I know, its bloated and eats up alot of resources.
Post by: Shawn on February 01, 2011, 02:50:36 PM

Ya that was the same when i use to use it, but when the new version came out and took a hell of alot of resources thats when i switched...

I was just wondering it it has changed in the last 5 years Lol
Post by: Tomcat on February 01, 2011, 03:04:03 PM

I have to have it

It uses not alot of pingasores  but it likes to liveupdate every min
Post by: Rocket50 on February 01, 2011, 05:13:57 PM
Out of these 3, which is the better anti-virus? All of them are on sale I dunno what to pick

Kaspersky
Mc Afee
Norton
Post by: Peetah on February 01, 2011, 05:33:59 PM
Id say kasper.
Post by: Shawn on February 01, 2011, 05:36:48 PM
Out of these 3, which is the better anti-virus? All of them are on sale I dunno what to pick

Kaspersky
Mc Afee
Norton

I'd say Mc Afee alot of companies use it over the others so it has to be better Lol
Post by: Carp on February 01, 2011, 06:22:53 PM
I still use AVG, but as xrain said it has become resource heavy. I also use malware bytes, ( that program has saved my ass soooo many times)

But both programs are free and never had any problems.
Post by: Pryvisee on February 01, 2011, 09:37:31 PM
NOD32 anyone

Dun have it anymoar

Yeah got rid of NOD32 since it was to hard to pingaz.

Also I think I got my major virus when I had that. Or maybe that was norton. Anyways, BitDefender is the best paid antivirus.
/thread
Post by: Dale Feles on February 02, 2011, 05:09:53 PM
I still use AVG, but as xrain said it has become resource heavy. I also use malware bytes, ( that program has saved my ass soooo many times)

GET MALWARE BYTES, FUCKING SAVED ME A 10000 TIMES

Has it improved?

apparently, in tf2 there was this norton developer, (gifting everyone like 3 presents) and he said their soon finished developping a new norton, or some shit like that, apparently its COMPLETELY re-made and its like 10 times better, but its prob a  :trollface:
Post by: Seb on February 02, 2011, 07:45:55 PM
I just use a torrented AVG.

feelsokayman.png
Post by: Carp on February 02, 2011, 10:13:18 PM
avg is free...

<mfw seb torrents free software
Post by: Frank on February 03, 2011, 02:59:03 AM
avg is free...

<mfw seb torrents free software
there's a better version if you pay, AVG gives 30 days free full.
Post by: Osme on February 03, 2011, 03:20:57 AM
kaspersky
good, and teh 30 day trials can be continued by pressing a button on their website :D
i use it atleast... like. once every few months
Post by: StartedBullet on February 03, 2011, 04:08:02 PM
._.

Some websites can be infected. There is this one mod website named FO3Nexus, once it got infected becuase an advertisement broke through the security measures in place.  Also, you use garrysmod.org right?
Post by: Shawn on February 03, 2011, 04:52:44 PM
Some websites can be infected. There is this one mod website named FO3Nexus, once it got infected becuase an advertisement broke through the security measures in place.  Also, you use garrysmod.org right?

+1 someone knows what i was talking about :)
Post by: Peetah on February 03, 2011, 06:11:19 PM
Its easy to fuck up. If your going on random websites looking for a pingas antivirus.
Well you basically dont have a antivirus in the first place. Your dooomed.
Post by: YomoFox on February 04, 2011, 01:35:51 PM

Ago i'm use AVG.
so i open .exe file.
says Unziping.... please wait...
After AVG says "Unzip .exe VIRUS !! system32/cmd.exe notepad.exe balalalalalala~~~~"
but, My system32 got too many virus... (cmd.exe etc..)

Fucking too late alarm!!!!