.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Bans (Read Only) => Report => Unapproved => Topic started by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:15:59 PM

Title: Promote on Moo's actions.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:15:59 PM
1. Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:10596558

2. Players Nickname: Moo

3. Your in-game name: Pryvisee

4. Server name: TTT

5. Description of the event(s): As you all know, I was demoted on the most stupidest reason and have to work my way up. There are a lot of people that are afraid to call Moo out or report him because they get punished for it. Well I'm sick of it. Anyways, I get out of school and get on my computer to play some TTT. Join the server and happen to find Moo was afk. Round 1, not moving and talking. Round 2, still not moving and talking. Round 3, still not moving and talking and I start asking people is Moo really afk? And people respond "yeah, he's been afk for a while." Round 4, still afk and no response to asking him questions. Round 5, map changes, and is still afk. Talking to another admin, I start to gather proof. Round 6, Moo starts responding then going afk. This goes on and afk intervals come about every 3-6 mins. Try to get proof, but die trying. This goes on for the whole map. So now we are playing on Crummy Cradle and Moo is pretending to be AFK. So I start talking about "This is shit" and other stuff. At the moment I was standing by Moo. I then get exploded and the explosion kills Moo and he was detective. My karma was at 400 for that. Then he says "Stop bitching". I can say that I was bitching, but I shouldn't of lost all my karma and been exploded for it.

Now let me tell you another story. This happened I think the next day of getting demoted. Moo, the detective and me were standing in a circle. Well Moo drops a knife and tells the detective to scan it. I press E on it, pick it up and run away. You can probably think of what happened next. I got exploded. After the round ended and I stopped laughing I simply said "itrollu" then out of nowhere Moo responds, "Don't uforget that approve vip apps." Since we were not talking about VIP at all, I was shocked that he would say that.

6. Reason for promote: Since he will never be banned/demoted or anything, I want to get re-promoted. I was demoted for a stupid reason, and he was being a complete hypocrite. I know when Moo bans people, it demotes automatically. But people also get banned by Moo and only get demoted to regular, such as Tech. So I would like a promote back to where I was.

7. Now wheres the proof: I have at least 2 demo's of him being afk. Like I said, I talked to another admin about this at round 5. Since other people were saying that he was afk for quite some time, he could of been afk for more than the 6 rounds. I could provide demos, but a I mostly have a lot of witnesses. All the people will probably back me up on this.

And keep in mind that I was demoted for being afk for about 5 mins.

Thanks for reading.
Title: Re: Promote on Moo's actions.
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:16:22 PM
I'm not going all out on color since it's the quality of the person that counts. lul

I join and play 2 rounds. First my mouse was being stupid and wanted to switch it. That switch went on for about a round. Then after that my mom is then yelling at me to take out the trash. She was drinking at the moment and want's things done right then and there or she goes off the hook and takes shit away. So I go take out the trash. 5 mins later from when I wasn't afk, I sit down and started flying around in spectate mode. About 10 secs later, I get banned reason: a. That means you have been demoted.

I have not abused since I was approved for ADMIN. If you have met me, you know I'm a awesome person  :)

Thanks for reading.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:20:06 PM
I'm not going all out on color since it's the quality of the person that counts. lul

I join and play 2 rounds. First my mouse was being stupid and wanted to switch it. That switch went on for about a round. Then after that my mom is then yelling at me to take out the trash. She was drinking at the moment and want's things done right then and there or she goes off the hook and takes shit away. So I go take out the trash. 5 mins later from when I wasn't afk, I sit down and started flying around in spectate mode. About 10 secs later, I get banned reason: a. That means you have been demoted.

I have not abused since I was approved for ADMIN. If you have met me, you know I'm a awesome person  :)

Thanks for reading.

What exactly is this supposed to be proving?
Post by: Devie on January 26, 2011, 04:20:26 PM

Thanks for reading.

LOLOLOOLOOL.

Alright this report is pretty fucking funny LOL.
Sorry but LOL.
Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 04:20:38 PM

Thanks for reading.

Did Moo just slap himself in the face, or is this him agreeing with you?

No. Really. I don't get it.

inb4-bannedforstupidreason
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:22:19 PM
never said it wasnt a stupid reason for him to get demoted
just on a level of how much I dislike everyone, hes lower
meaning I dont like him loolz

and naw not slapping myself in the face, just trolling to see how mad he gets
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
Did Moo just slap himself in the face, or is this him agreeing with you?

No. Really. I don't get it.

inb4-bannedforstupidreason

I don't either. I think he's trying to say that he was afk for helping teeny. But you were afk for about an hour, I was afk for 5 mins. Same scenario, I was helping my mom. But I was punished for it.
Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
never said it wasnt a stupid reason for him to get demoted
just on a level of how much I dislike everyone, hes lower
meaning I dont like him loolz

and naw not slapping myself in the face, just trolling to see how mad he gets

So why don't you just re-promote him then :L

It seems a bit unfair you're taking personal bias against him, and demoting him.
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:26:07 PM
naw its cool, doesnt hurt anyone else but him
Post by: Devie on January 26, 2011, 04:28:27 PM
Moo wasn't really afk..
He was right there sitting on his ass burping on the fucking mic and yelling at me.

Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 04:28:27 PM

Not necessarily.

He could be online, when no other admins/ect are online, and TTT/Wire/ect is getting minged the fuck out of, making everyone else on the server suffer.

Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:29:32 PM
that goes for everyone, means i should promote eveyrone to VIP right? cuz that could happen
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:31:16 PM
This is mainly why I'm creating this report. Your selfish and don't care about anyone else but yourself.

And "really?" about the VIP comment.
Post by: Devie on January 26, 2011, 04:31:46 PM
He could be online, when no other admins/ect are online, and TTT/Wire/ect is getting minged the fuck out of, making everyone else on the server suffer.

Not necessarily.
I've seen at least 10 situation where admins or VIPS are called out on a server over global.

NONE of them would go - instead they would answer with sarcastic answers and trolling answers similar to when the community trolls someone new on the forums just because the person asking for a VIP or admin to come are guests - they troll.

Bottom line is, VIP isn't as used as it should be. Not saying pryvisee didn't use his completely nor did I say he's completely useless.

edit:
also

Your selfish and don't care about anyone else but yourself.

Just because he doesn't care about one person doesn't mean he doesn't care about anyone else but himself.
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 04:33:20 PM
I'm still surprised at the fact that you just want to get VIP back with little to no effort by saying that it was an error of Moo to ban and demote you.
Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 04:36:01 PM
that goes for everyone, means i should promote eveyrone to VIP right? cuz that could happen

Not everyone can handle VIP.

Pry should be one of the more eligible candidates, considering he was a former admin on these very servers :L

I'm still surprised at the fact that you just want to get VIP back with little to no effort by saying that it was an error of Moo to ban and demote you.

What he's trying to point out, was that it wasn't a right thing for him to get demoted because he went afk.
There's even a system in place for that.

Shit, I don't want to get too involved in this.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:36:21 PM

I can tell you, it wasn't an error.
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:37:09 PM
former admin? no he wasnt, man have the lies been exploding
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:39:23 PM
former admin? no he wasnt, man have the lies been exploding
Oh yeah, that's right. Sorry for spreading rumors, pal. (http://forum.randomgs.com/index.php/topic,340.0.html)
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:43:34 PM
my bad, the truth from my friend, the guy who owns the server is actually 9000x more credible than you
Post by: Devie on January 26, 2011, 04:46:47 PM
Pry should be one of the more eligible candidates, considering he was a former admin on these very servers :L

I understand this is your opinion...and it's not backed up with anything. Only with your views about him - not knowing the entire whole story/situation about everything are the reasons why it makes it not credible.

Just because its the way you think about pryvisee - doesn't mean it should be the way it is. Leave that to admins or coolz.
Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 04:49:41 PM
I understand this is your opinion...and it's not backed up with anything. Only with your views about him - not knowing the entire whole story/situation about everything are the reasons why it makes it not credible.

Just because its the way you think about pryvisee - doesn't mean it should be the way it is. Leave that to admins or coolz.
Shit, I don't want to get too involved in this.
I'll just walk out the door now.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 04:53:59 PM
I'll just walk out the door now.
Can I hold your hand while we walk out together? So a admin can through it down to the abyss formorly known as the "UnApproved". Since nothing is going to be done about this, I might as well just leave it alone..
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 04:55:15 PM
naw he dont needa hold ur hand, i have a higher respect for death md than you, so ya
Post by: Shawn on January 26, 2011, 04:56:12 PM
Wow theres alot of hate in here...

Post by: somerandomguy09 on January 26, 2011, 04:57:19 PM

but it was an error of moo to do so

and let's be serious now Moo isnt it just a bit a childish that your trolling him simply because you don't like him i mean i assumed admins were suppose to be ABOVE stupid shit like that....

and yes like Shawn said there is a lot of hate in here  :(
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 04:58:45 PM
Can I hold your hand while we walk out together? So a admin can through it down to the abyss formorly known as the "UnApproved". Since nothing is going to be done about this, I might as well just leave it alone..
It's not that nothing will be done, it's that there is nothing to be done. Things are okay as they are now.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 05:00:33 PM
and let's be serious now Moo isnt it just a bit a childish that your trolling him simply because you don't like him i mean i assumed admins were suppose to be ABOVE stupid shit like that....
>implying Moo being a admin above stupid shit.
no.
Post by: Peetah on January 26, 2011, 05:01:29 PM
Wow theres alot of hate in here...
Step back shawn.
Let the Americans handle this
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 05:02:05 PM
well look around, eveyrone hates me, and i hate everyone, so we all on same page its not liek u guys didnt know this before
Post by: Shawn on January 26, 2011, 05:05:05 PM
well look around, eveyrone hates me, and i hate everyone, so we all on same page its not liek u guys didnt know this before

I personally don't hate you.. You never did anything to me so i have no reason to hate you...

Step back shawn.
Let the Americans handle this

I think you're right I should leave this thread...
Post by: Cheesicle on January 26, 2011, 05:05:26 PM
If you have met him, you know he's a awesome person  :)
Post by: somerandomguy09 on January 26, 2011, 05:07:25 PM

Who said that now?

I dont hate you so that instantly eliminates EVERYONE (unless everyone to you goes down to to who you actually care about) we're just sayin (well at least I"M just sayin) that an admin should be a model for how everyone else should play and that they should administrate and make sure the rules are being followed NOT troll people you do not like. Ive always looked at you as a fine admin and this is the first time ive really looked at you and think what your doing is wrong.
Post by: Buzzkill on January 26, 2011, 05:07:58 PM
Even if everyone does hate you, it doesn't mean you have to be a douche and troll Pry like this.

BTW:Ty for jbanned :D!
Post by: Sabb on January 26, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I'm a bit confused... coming in late. Was this a report on Moo?
I'm assuming that it is, and Moo edited title...
I think the whole argument is stupid, Pry arguing about it isn't going to get you re-promoted, it's going to lower your chances of being promoted again in the future.

Also, Death, Pry was admin, and got demoted in a day of being admin lol. Doesn't really count...
I don't really think Pry should have been demoted, but what's done is done, it's been brought up too many times on the forums and you're acting kind of juvenile :/. I'm not saying any of this to offend anyone or anything, it's just my honest opinion.
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:12:45 PM
How 'bout we give him his VIP back and end this thread. The deal is getting bigger and bigger with each post.
Post by: Deathie on January 26, 2011, 05:13:25 PM
Also, Death, Pry was admin, and got demoted in a day of being admin lol. Doesn't really count...
I don't really think Pry should have been demoted, but what's done is done, it's been brought up too many times on the forums and you're acting kind of juvenile :/. I'm not saying any of this to offend anyone or anything, it's just my honest opinion.

Bro, I left the game a long time ago.
Now I'm just watching from the stands.
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:14:10 PM
Bro, I left the game a long time ago.
Now I'm just watching from the stands.
You just stepped back into the game.
Post by: somerandomguy09 on January 26, 2011, 05:14:30 PM
How 'bout we give him his VIP back and end this thread. The deal is getting bigger and bigger with each post.

I dont understand why everyone is assuming the whole reason for this thread is that Pry wants his VIP back (sure he does but) the reason for this thread is because Moo is trolling him simply giving Pry his VIP app will not end the dispute between him and Moo.
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 05:15:23 PM
How about no fucking no. It's not like he's done anything to deserve it in first place.
Post by: Cheesicle on January 26, 2011, 05:15:30 PM

Moo, I freaking love you  :fullheart: You gave me Reg without me even applying, and gave me extra time for my VIP + lessened the amount +1's needed for it. You are one of the most misunderstood Admins out there.
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 05:16:04 PM
it is the reason, his title is telling me, since i trolled him, hes mad, i have to promote him back to vip

theres a reason i dislike him, and reason i dont gotta give any of you
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:16:48 PM
How about no fucking no. It's not like he's done anything to deserve it in first place.
He didnt even deserve to lose it.
Moo, I freaking love you  :fullheart: You gave me Reg without me even applying, and gave me extra time for my VIP + lessened the amount +1's needed for it. You are one of the most misunderstood Admins out there.
Rofl, he gave me Respected without applying awhile back.  :fullheart:
Post by: Cheesicle on January 26, 2011, 05:17:48 PM
He didnt even deserve to lose it. Rofl, he gave me Respected without applying awhile back.  :fullheart:

Let's all go make a Moo love thread <3<3<3<3
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 05:18:21 PM
He didnt even deserve to lose it. Rofl, he gave me Respected without applying awhile back.  :fullheart:

He didn't even deserve to get it.
Post by: Pryvisee on January 26, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
it is the reason, his title is telling me, since i trolled him, hes mad, i have to promote him back to vip

how about, giveing the reason, to me, I want to know, please explain,

lol..
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:19:37 PM
I wasn't there when he got it, so I wouldn't know-sorry.
Post by: somerandomguy09 on January 26, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

If only we knew the exact reason for why you dislike him i think there would be a lot less confusion and a lot less "hate" going towards you but if you'd rather keep it to yourself thats on you.
Post by: Moo on January 26, 2011, 05:21:02 PM
yup, dont really care if u guys hate me dislike me, think im gay, whatever u want to think i am go ahead, just dont bother any other admin, or this shit i did to pry right here, gets worse :D
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 05:22:08 PM
I wasn't there when he got it, so I wouldn't know-sorry.
If you don't know about the topic, don't get involved it. No hostility to you, but take it as an advice.

yup, dont really care if u guys hate me dislike me, think im gay, whatever u want to think i am go ahead, just dont bother any other admin, or this shit i did to pry right here, gets worse :D

I'd rather think you're bisexual, provided that you've got a GIRLfriend.
Post by: Cheesicle on January 26, 2011, 05:23:10 PM
(http://epicchangeblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/valentine.jpg)
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:23:58 PM
If you don't know about the topic, don't get involved it. No hostility to you, but take it as an advice.

I'd rather think you're bisexual, provided that you've got a GIRLfriend.
I /do/ know about the topic sadly.
Post by: somerandomguy09 on January 26, 2011, 05:25:21 PM

If only we could...if only we could =]
Post by: Foofoojack on January 26, 2011, 05:25:58 PM
Can't on the internet bro.  :'(
Post by: Frank on January 26, 2011, 05:27:24 PM
If you're not gonna contribute to either sides, then I'll kindly ask you to leave the thread.

Please, leave the thread.
Post by: Devie on January 26, 2011, 05:27:41 PM
EVERYONE in this thread is assuming shit they don't know. Implying things that are right in front of their faces, ignoring what's really behind it all.

No one here knows exactly what the fuck is going on. And you guys are just fighting amongst yourselves now about what the point of this thread is or about how you NEED to get your opinion across because YOU think it's right based off what you know and those to disagree state otherwise for the same reason.

I'm locking this JUST FOR NOW to avoid fights between people in the community. If Pryvisee wants to talk this through, talk to moo and some of us admins and keep it between us.

NO I'M NOT SAYING NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THIS THREAD AND IM NOT SAYING THIS SHIT IS POINTLESS.

I'd rather not have the community flare up and take sides because of this and should be dealt with privately.

The reason is this is turning into those:
>MOO IS DOING THIS BECAUSE HE IS DOING THIS BECAUSE HE IS THIS.
>NO HE'S NOT ITS CUZ PRYVISEE IS ACTING THIS AND HE DESERVES THIS MOO IS CLEARLY THIS.
>MOO IS OBVIOUSLY THIS THAT'S WHY HE THAT PRYVISEE.
etc..

looks like an argument to me. I don't want the community to flare up. So I'm locking this.
I apologize if I offend anyone by locking.
Post by: Xrain on January 26, 2011, 05:48:59 PM
Alright, there are just a few problems here to start out with.

First, when has anyone ever, EVER been promoted on the basis of someone else's wrong doing? I honestly cant think of one. I can certainty think of several who have tried, but most of them were either trolling, or have been banned.

I would understand if your just trying to make a joke, but since this is actually been posted in the report section I don't think that's the case. Or if it is the case your doing it wrong.

I will be the first to admit, no, not everyone in the community is treated equally. Some people are given more leniency, others are given significantly less.

Is this fair?

Both No and Yes.

No because, well if everything worked perfectly everyone would be treated exactly the same, there would be no such thing as a minge. And every single person would contribute equally to the well being of the servers.

But sadly in reality this isn't the case, as everyone in these servers is human (as far as I know) and we all are just as susceptible to our own bias's as everyone else.

Basically what happens from time to time, is a majority of random's workings is dictated by the spoken or unspoken needs of the community. With a portion of it being dictated by a select few people.

So when all of the sudden something happens that goes against the perceived communities will, Everyone feels a great injustice has occurred and so the reports/discussion meets a flurry of activity.

But why isn't the whole dam thing run by community will?

For quite a few reasons actually. The main one being, for in order for us to be completely impartial in all decisions related to the community, it would require us to write a document, which in detail, spells out every scenario possible related to every event possible and detail out what the exact punishment would be.

This as far as I can imagine it, would require a gigantic data center larger than any on the planet, to truly consider every factor involved, completely impartial.

This of course would be imposable for us, as no government on the planet has succeeded on anything close to this, (hence the reason our legal system still involves people).

Anything we could feasibly come up with, while in its own merits could be pretty amazing, in the long run would be limited in scope and would kill all the fun out of the game since it would group too many things together killing off any chance for originality.

So instead, we have people. Young people at that, Our main goal is to keep this all fun for everyone, not to be fair. We cannot hope to fairly judge every situation, since most of our decisions are made in seconds, with a few exceptions.

So this means the purpose of an admin is to ensure the game remains fun for a majority of people, not to follow the rules to the letter of the law.

This is also why some of the rules are rather vague, and why some people get punished and others don't.

However there is one rule, that is the most important out of all of them.

Use common sense.

It's also one of the most difficult for people to grasp.

I have explained it several times already, but who knows maybe this time people will get it.

When you decide to post somthing, there should be a few things that cross your mind right before you press the post button.

1. I like playing at these servers, could this post possibly impact my chances of continuing to play on them?

2. Does this post contain anything that could genuinely hurt someones feelings?

3. Would Xrain post this?  :dukenukem:

If you answered No or maybe to any of these, take a second, and be reeeeeallly sure you want to post it, if you are then go ahead, and just be prepared to live with the consequences.

There seems to be a lot of... unhappiness... aimed in moo's direction.

Which is understandable, since he is almost always the "badguy" in a lot of situations, and he generally doesn't show much mercy in his judgements. But he needs to be here, if it wasn't moo that did this it would be someone else. Hate him all you like, we all trust his judgements to as good as could have been done in that situation.

And don't even try to apply my admin = more fun for servers thing, since just because an admin looks out for the general fun of the servers, it doesn't exactly mean that it has to be YOUR fun.

I could probably write a good sized wiki on the topics in here, but ill stop now since this post is started to get rather long. (That and there has been 24 posts since i started this.)
Post by: Orgazmo on January 27, 2011, 07:22:59 PM
I'm locking this JUST FOR NOW to avoid fights between people in the community. If Pryvisee wants to talk this through, talk to moo and some of us admins and keep it between us.

NO I'M NOT SAYING NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THIS THREAD AND IM NOT SAYING THIS SHIT IS POINTLESS.

I truly wish I had seen this topic before it became derailed. I have my fair share of opinions and beliefs on the ACTUAL topic and post and look forward to a discussion on this.