.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Mapping => Topic started by: Monorail Cat on September 18, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

Title: UPDATE THREAD for deathrun_rnd_throbbing
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 18, 2014, 10:51:38 PM
This thread will be dedicated to updates and questions about the W.I.P.
Title: Re: UPDATE THREAD for deathrun_rnd_throbbing
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 18, 2014, 10:52:18 PM
deathrun_rnd_throbbing sample 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqO4a7XosQA#ws)
Post by: Prox on September 19, 2014, 04:40:02 AM
I'm assuming that it's not final and you're going to place the trap buttons in a more convenient place, if not then you should definitely do that.
I really don't know how is the first trap going to be like in actual gameplay so I'll be looking forward to testing it before it gets added to the server (assuming you're planning on testing it which I would recommend)
Another suggestion I have is not to make the whole map course to be completely indoors, you should make some places with open sky areas as well, I think it would make the map much more appealing.
Either way, keep up the good work, man.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 19, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
I'm assuming that it's not final and you're going to place the trap buttons in a more convenient place, if not then you should definitely do that.
I really don't know how is the first trap going to be like in actual gameplay so I'll be looking forward to testing it before it gets added to the server (assuming you're planning on testing it which I would recommend)
Another suggestion I have is not to make the whole map course to be completely indoors, you should make some places with open sky areas as well, I think it would make the map much more appealing.
Either way, keep up the good work, man.

Thanks.  And yeah, I forgot to add that the button is also a placeholder.  I am going to get every single mechanic built ready before I go in and texture everything and make it all pretty. 
I also do plan on having at least several rounds of testing.  Deathrun maps are difficult because the traps need to be balanced enough so that the runners have an equal chance of making it through and of dying.  So yes, whenever I get to points that need testing, I'll be sure to ask people for help.
Now, with the skybox, I have also planned on putting that in somewhere.  Not completely sure where, but it will be in, maybe more than once.
Post by: Monorail Cat on September 24, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
deathrun_rnd_throbbing sample 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pcsS6W-uIU#ws)
Post by: blαh2355 on September 24, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
Holy shit that GLaDOS trap is hilarious. Keep it up :D :thumbsup:
Post by: coolzeldad on September 24, 2014, 08:15:01 PM
lewkin kewl :)
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 01, 2014, 11:11:00 PM
This sample previews the biggest update I've done content-wise (so far).  5 new traps, a whole new room design, and plans for future development :D

Please give me suggestions and criticism.  It really does help in mapmaking.

deathrun_rnd_throbbing sample 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1_n_ir3PM#ws)
Post by: coolzeldad on October 01, 2014, 11:48:12 PM
Wow I really like how it's coming along, seems very interesting to play through.

The stairway split is pretty interesting and I think a good idea.
Post by: Yellow Killer on October 02, 2014, 04:09:27 AM
Looking good so far.  :thumbsup: Loving the trap as well. My Y Logo would be the perfect decal for my trap.

You can use this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

or this for reference:
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 02, 2014, 02:30:18 PM
Looking good so far.  :thumbsup: Loving the trap as well. My Y Logo would be the perfect decal for my trap.

You can use this:

or this for reference:

I was actually thinking of using your sprite Marie made you, but I can do this instead.  Do you prefer one over the other?
Post by: Yellow Killer on October 02, 2014, 04:47:59 PM
I was actually thinking of using your sprite Marie made you, but I can do this instead.  Do you prefer one over the other?
You can use the sprite if you'd like. Actually, give me screenshots of the Y Logo solo, the sprite solo, and the sprite and logo combined, and I'll see what works best.
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 11, 2014, 09:05:24 PM
Hey, sorry that I've not update this recently.  After my graphics card broke, I kinda stopped working on it for a bit, because
1) i did an emergency backup of my critical documents and files onto a removable drive   
2) said drive was my friend's, and we both kept forgetting to let me have the drive back to import the files
3) after the card broke, there was about a week and a half that I did not use a computer at all, because I did not yet know it was the graphics card that broke, not the computer   ::)
4) kinda fell out of making my ksp movie and deathrun map because of that absence 
5) school got insane for the past two weeks   :abuse:

Well, I finally got the files imported, and I hope to work on the map again.  However, with finals approaching quickly, it may be a while until the next actual update.  But expect it to have something fun :)
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 04, 2015, 05:06:47 PM
I'm back to it, and I hope to completely finish the map within the next week or two, depending on my classes.

https://youtu.be/cS01A7zLVDE
Post by: Tiger Guy on October 04, 2015, 05:52:16 PM
Looking nice. Can't wait to playtest it.
Post by: blαh2355 on October 04, 2015, 06:10:59 PM
At 2:30-ish, "But it's also a trap. The traitor activates it..."

That's it, too much TTT for you, b&.

Liking the map so far, can't wait to see the finished product.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 04, 2015, 07:52:46 PM
At 2:30-ish, "But it's also a trap. The traitor activates it..."

That's it, too much TTT for you, b&.

Yeah, I realized that after I uploaded it.  Oh well.  I am worried about the water trap, though.  I don't know if players will be able to just skip over it.  I may need it to be a pit that they fall in, and then the water rises up.
Post by: Monorail Cat on October 17, 2015, 03:05:16 AM
Almost done!

https://youtu.be/hF97lNKe2YI
Post by: Seb on October 17, 2015, 04:08:15 PM
I'm guessing "throbbing" is just a working title. Looks cool