.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Requests => Topic started by: Cheesy Sandwich on November 04, 2012, 10:46:12 AM

Title: Removal of Lost Temple
Post by: Cheesy Sandwich on November 04, 2012, 10:46:12 AM
playing in this map, it is broken. all the people are invisable so its very chanlenging to play on this map. and the fact that this map is overplayed like crazy cubes
Title: Re: Removal of Lost Temple
Post by: TehHank on November 04, 2012, 10:58:59 AM
All my yes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spent all the time explaining why and to tell people via viptalk to type kill in console to skip the map since you can't vote to change anymore
Post by: HideoKojima on November 04, 2012, 03:07:18 PM
How about just a removal until a fix? Or just a fix of the map.

Lost Temple is one of the best maps...
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on November 04, 2012, 05:02:36 PM
i havent played this map on the current update, what exactly happens, you cant see player models?
Post by: Samo on November 05, 2012, 03:02:33 AM
Contact the creator? Or get the .vmf and edit it yourself?
Post by: TehHank on November 05, 2012, 03:11:45 AM
Basically, Garry fucked up.

Because since the new customisation features were added in Gmod 13, he changed the "Monk" model or father gregori model. So in which playing on Lost temple, the map will try to load the "Monk" model but can't because the father gregori model has been changed. Therefore everyone is now invisible.
If you were to access the console when around invisible players, it will display various checksum model errors of the missing "Monk" model.
Post by: Alkaline on November 05, 2012, 04:45:30 PM
Basically, Garry fucked up.

Because since the new customisation features were added in Gmod 13, he changed the "Monk" model or father gregori model. So in which playing on Lost temple, the map will try to load the "Monk" model but can't because the father gregori model has been changed. Therefore everyone is now invisible.
If you were to access the console when around invisible players, it will display various checksum model errors of the missing "Monk" model.

I'm not at my main machine right now but there is a fix for this that came in mind.

Open map in a lump editor/ent spy and change the playermodel keyvalue in the ttt_map_settings to whatever the new Gregory model path is (or remove it.) Then save the map with a new suffix in the name. Fortunately, you aren't required to decompile a map if you have to change entities.
Post by: This Cactus on November 06, 2012, 01:13:40 AM
getting fixed<<<
Post by: coolzeldad on November 06, 2012, 04:20:50 AM
I'm going to attempt a lua based fix tomorrow so we can avoid having to redownload the mapz :o

Should be fine now! Implemented teh fix lemme know if it works for you.
Post by: HideoKojima on November 10, 2012, 01:55:24 PM
I'm going to attempt a lua based fix tomorrow so we can avoid having to redownload the mapz :o

Should be fine now! Implemented teh fix lemme know if it works for you.

Thanks for fixing the best map in the game.