.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Requests => Topic started by: Alkaline on September 18, 2012, 09:23:39 PM

Title: Switch New ZS -> Stronghold
Post by: Alkaline on September 18, 2012, 09:23:39 PM
As the title states...

The Zombie Survival running the new version (as well as the old version) has/have been empty for a solid two weeks. I'm going to have to face it and say that not many old members enjoyed the new version. I apologize if Prox and I stirred up some shit in arguing about Zombie Survival and the half-dozen or so threads that occurred because of it and I think this scared away some old players from zs for good. Instead of running an empty server, we should put up Stronghold because some people really enjoyed it and I am positive no one will be against this proposition (unless there was a game-breaking update.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Title: Re: Switch New ZS -> Stronghold
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on September 18, 2012, 09:35:20 PM
As the title states...

The Zombie Survival running the new version (as well as the old version) has/have been empty for a solid two weeks. I'm going to have to face it and say that not many old members enjoyed the new version. I apologize if Prox and I stirred up some shit in arguing about Zombie Survival and the half-dozen or so threads that occurred because of it and I think this scared away some old players from zs for good. Instead of running an empty server, we should put up Stronghold because some people really enjoyed it and I am positive no one will be against this proposition (unless there was a game-breaking update.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think this is a good idea, i REALLY felt like playing stronghold.
Post by: Deacon on September 18, 2012, 09:48:20 PM
green shift
or whatever
stronghold i guess.
Post by: coolzeldad on September 19, 2012, 02:36:33 AM
Well in all fairness I really haven't put forth effort to make the suggested changes to the new zs server.
Post by: TehHank on September 19, 2012, 03:05:06 AM
Stronghold > new zs.
Post by: whagman on September 19, 2012, 06:54:59 AM
i fucking love stronghold pls. it will be the bestest especially if we have are perma guns from when it wuz up
Post by: Deathie on September 19, 2012, 10:38:44 AM
green shift
or whatever
stronghold i guess.
I miss Green Shift.
Post by: yoshi on September 19, 2012, 10:40:05 AM
I miss Green Shift.

I never got to play Green Shift so yes please.
Post by: Rocket50 on September 19, 2012, 11:22:10 AM
I miss Green Shift.

I miss making people angry in stronghold :<
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on September 19, 2012, 12:00:40 PM
Green Shift or Stronghold!
I would prefer Green Shift, but it's up to everyone else.
Post by: Deacon on September 19, 2012, 12:36:37 PM
coolz brings up a good point. we have not even given it a fighting chance. since the old zs was modified to our liking we should give the new one that same chance. time permitted of course. and lets not forget that 13 is due out soon.
Post by: Alkaline on September 19, 2012, 12:42:48 PM
coolz brings up a good point. we have not even given it a fighting chance. since the old zs was modified to our liking we should give the new one that same chance. time permitted of course. and lets not forget that 13 is due out soon.
Well to fight the server being empty, we should at least organize an event for people to get on at around the same time. Otherwise, we should just play stronghold/green shift before shit breaks.
Post by: Deacon on September 19, 2012, 12:46:45 PM
well i suppose. its up to coolz but one of these days we have to try fixing new zs
Post by: Deathie on September 19, 2012, 02:33:47 PM
Well to fight the server being empty, we should at least organize an event for people to get on at around the same time. Otherwise, we should just play stronghold/green shift before shit breaks.
well i suppose. its up to coolz but one of these days we have to try fixing new zs
The new ZS is/can be great with the proper modifications.

Vanilla/Nox settings are absolutely terrible though.

Since the games really unbalanced right now, and the only thing seperating it from Nox is that it's outdated, nobody really wants to play on it.

When I was hosting mine on the temp, we had it constantly populated, so I mean, asdf.
Post by: Cariad† on September 20, 2012, 07:27:44 AM
Maybe they're empty because nobody has the chance to get online?

Or it was because of the annoying vgui_allowhtml 0 thing.

I do like stronghold though.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on September 22, 2012, 03:37:48 AM
Maybe they're empty because nobody has the chance to get online?

Or it was because of the annoying vgui_allowhtml 0 thing.

No to both.
People normally join rNd TTT server, Nooboonic Plague RP, or usually play any other games.
Post by: Alkaline on October 10, 2012, 03:10:31 PM
(http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif)
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on October 10, 2012, 04:06:19 PM
(http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif)

Are you kidding me? You bump a long-dead thread with a stupid .gif? I can't even tell what you are trying to say.
This thread was made when Garry's Mod was not only partialy broken but there were several big AAA games that came out at around the same time. Not to mention that you could not even get to the server through means of that URL on the homepage!

I also dissagree that we should have that stronghold server again. It had some major balance problems (AWP and Deagle) and some HORRIBLY bad maps. Greenshift was much better anyways.

(Don't take this the wrong way, I was looking for an exuse to post some relevant stuff here anyways. It's just that your bump made no sense and is just silly.)
Post by: memo3300 on October 10, 2012, 05:53:05 PM
So... you're saying that bumping a thread is bad and having a server with no players at all is better than actually have it populated with another gamemode because you don't like how it is balanced?

Post by: Rocket50 on October 10, 2012, 06:50:19 PM

Long-dead thread is a bit exaggerated. But, bumping it with a shitty gif instead of actually giving valuable input is pretty :l
Post by: saivon on October 10, 2012, 07:36:34 PM
Well I just keep raging at strong hold because I get raped up the ass by kahuna or Juan when they use the huge

I will actually try to play the old zs maybe this Friday afternoon see if I can get some peep's on.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on October 11, 2012, 06:11:50 AM
So... you're saying that bumping a thread is bad and having a server with no players at all is better than actually have it populated with another gamemode because you don't like how it is balanced?

I have no idea how you got this out of my post at all. I get the feeling that you are simply trolling me.

1. Bumping a long-dead thread with not only an image but something that vaguely suggests agreement with nothing specific is bad in my eyes.
2. The server was dead due to the two week HTML crash causing a drop in players along with the release of multiple AAA games. I saw plenty of dead servers during that period and often my entire favourites list had not a single player in one of the servers.
3. I think it should be replaced with something else in the long run. The game is an easy point and shoot, plus guns like the AWP and Deagle (insta kills) can be rented for a short period of time for almost no money. Don't get me wrong here, I usually got 100+ kills per map in that gamemode.

Anyways, the new ZS thing wasn't working out and it's been mentioned in later threads that it is being worked on. Until it's back and working I have no qualms about replacing it for a time.
Post by: memo3300 on October 11, 2012, 08:11:42 AM
I don't belive he bumped it for trolling, but more for The thread To Not be forgotten. 

Yeah maybe he couldn't have bumped it with something morena useful, but i kinda Go herp derp when people talk like if bumping was bad.

I do belive that some new players see old players arguing about bumping and think bumping is bad always and in any way.

Post by: Prox on October 11, 2012, 10:24:58 AM

Are you kidding me? You bump a long-dead thread with a stupid .gif? I can't even tell what you are trying to say.
This thread was made when Garry's Mod was not only partialy broken but there were several big AAA games that came out at around the same time. Not to mention that you could not even get to the server through means of that URL on the homepage!

I also dissagree that we should have that stronghold server again. It had some major balance problems (AWP and Deagle) and some HORRIBLY bad maps. Greenshift was much better anyways.

(Don't take this the wrong way, I was looking for an exuse to post some relevant stuff here anyways. It's just that your bump made no sense and is just silly.)
(http://imageshack.us/a/img87/6920/1349636348311.png)
Post by: Deathie on October 11, 2012, 11:33:37 AM

I have no idea how you got this out of my post at all. I get the feeling that you are simply trolling me.

1. Bumping a long-dead thread with not only an image but something that vaguely suggests agreement with nothing specific is bad in my eyes.
2. The server was dead due to the two week HTML crash causing a drop in players along with the release of multiple AAA games. I saw plenty of dead servers during that period and often my entire favourites list had not a single player in one of the servers.
3. I think it should be replaced with something else in the long run. The game is an easy point and shoot, plus guns like the AWP and Deagle (insta kills) can be rented for a short period of time for almost no money. Don't get me wrong here, I usually got 100+ kills per map in that gamemode.

Anyways, the new ZS thing wasn't working out and it's been mentioned in later threads that it is being worked on. Until it's back and working I have no qualms about replacing it for a time.

(http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1337/21/1337214583668.jpg)
You spent over twenty times as long complaining about his post than it actually took him to make it.
Post by: yoshi on October 11, 2012, 01:16:40 PM
(http://imageshack.us/a/img87/6920/1349636348311.png)
You're not even trying.
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on October 11, 2012, 02:57:27 PM

Y U HAF 2 B MAD
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on October 11, 2012, 09:35:05 PM

Eion really?

He most likely put the gif up because Stronghold is actually up, so he is shaking his head in approval.

Either way, i dont understand how you can get anal for him posting a gif in a less than a half month old thread.

-Not directed to Eion-
Also if you dont know stronghold is up
i reminded coolz about it so he brought it back.
Post by: Samo on October 12, 2012, 12:33:26 AM

Complains madly about bumping threads.

>Doesn't realize at all that he's done the same thing on more occasions
>Starts THIS, whatever it is.
We all could go on about this.
Lock pls.
Post by: Deathie on October 12, 2012, 01:13:46 AM
Lock pls.

ROGER CHIEF.
Post by: Cake Faice on October 24, 2012, 07:01:25 PM

(http://oi48.tinypic.com/x2ups7.jpg)
Old ZS sucks anyway.
Post by: Rocket50 on October 26, 2012, 04:20:20 PM
From what I've seen on the newer stronghold on gmod13, they're going to try to nerf snipers by implementing bullet physics.

Comments?
Post by: Deathie on October 26, 2012, 04:27:47 PM
From what I've seen on the newer stronghold on gmod13, they're going to try to nerf snipers by implementing bullet physics.

Comments?

Wait,

realistic bullet drop?

HOLY SHIT SIGN ME UP.
Post by: Rocket50 on October 26, 2012, 04:29:19 PM
Wait,

realistic bullet drop?

HOLY SHIT SIGN ME UP.

It lags like shit right now, but they're working on it
Post by: Deathie on October 26, 2012, 04:44:36 PM
It lags like shit right now, but they're working on it

I DONT CARE.

IM STILL HAPPY.
Post by: Deacon on October 26, 2012, 05:37:18 PM
I DONT CARE.

IM STILL HAPPY.

OH MY GOD

WE

ARE

OH MY GOD
Post by: Travelsonic on October 27, 2012, 02:30:17 PM
HOLY BALLS!  That's fucking awesome!
Post by: blαh2355 on October 27, 2012, 02:33:35 PM
GREAT! While it might not nerf the damage, at least it's harder to shoot.
Post by: Alkaline on October 27, 2012, 04:29:01 PM
My favorite part of the new stronghold is the team colors. There are a lot of yellow klieners in the beginning.