.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) => Projects => Topic started by: Moo on June 11, 2012, 06:58:17 PM

Title: RuMoo new gamemode idea
Post by: Moo on June 11, 2012, 06:58:17 PM
ruben and I have been thinking about making a new gamemode specifically for random...
basically we wanna make a revamped zombie survival
this is just an idea, we're not 100% sure on anything and if anyone is willing to contribute ideas, thatd be awesome
remember we don't know anything more than you guys so do not complain if its not complete or never finished
its an idea and we are gonna see if we can make it for ppl to enjoy rather than just make it
Title: Re: RuMoo new gamemode idea
Post by: Foofoojack on June 11, 2012, 07:03:49 PM
Maybe you could form it around a Left 4 Dead style? People seem to (obviously) like things like that.
Post by: Deathstrike on June 11, 2012, 07:07:36 PM
THis might be stupid. Its sort of a mix between TTT and Zombies. The map has a night and day effect. One person is set to be the Evil one. At night the evil one will change into whatever he is suppose and will try to kill all the innocents/survivors to be and during the day he must hide /try to blend in with the innocents or continue to kill his prey. During nights the innocents must defend themself from this"Evil one" or continue to hunt it down and during day everyone must mind their own buisness and attemp to upgrade their arsenal or hunt down the evil one. Ill post more if i can come up with more.

Edit:I forgot to add this. When the evil one kills someone that person can either join him and be a minion or be kicked to spectator. Minions will look like they are innocents but can aid the Evil One however they want.
Post by: Alkaline on June 12, 2012, 07:48:12 AM
Could you make entities compatible with the ones already included with Nox's maps?
Or at least new ones.

And then comes the problem of whether the system should be points/damage/kills.
I think it should be kill based.
Post by: semy32 on June 12, 2012, 08:45:09 AM
Kill based WITH a kill-sharing system would be the best.

You know something like 40% dmg done to a zombie = assist kill = 0.5 "kill point"

The shot which killed the zombie = full kill = 1 "kill point"

I know this sounds really stupid but....
Post by: memo3300 on June 12, 2012, 07:54:42 PM
there was a gamemode that was last man standing i belive that was all the players (humans) against all the zombies wich were npc's.

the more you survive, you get more score.

maybe we could start from that idea for a gamemode, and make rounds for the gamemode like day 1 night 1 and make zombies come on night.

Post by: Deacon on June 12, 2012, 08:00:09 PM
Please use customizable weaponry for the guns. At least the models. (guns from green shift, quite accurately designed)
Post by: Tomcat on June 12, 2012, 11:12:05 PM
If you need help/support im right here
Post by: Peetah on June 13, 2012, 01:03:13 PM
My own Idea. A FPS Moba style, Like LoL or Dota.
Waves of zombies spawning each end, and dudes kills each other to reach opposite bases.
I guess one can promote a zombie of a stronger higher class.
Post by: Doctor Who on June 14, 2012, 12:54:28 AM
Maybe you could form it around a Left 4 Dead style? People seem to (obviously) like things like that.
Lets just not turn it into another L4D2 gamemode instead we can possibly suggest it to form around Black Ops Zombie or Zombie Master?
Post by: Foofoojack on June 15, 2012, 09:52:43 PM
Lets just not turn it into another L4D2 gamemode instead we can possibly suggest it to form around Black Ops Zombie or Zombie Master?

Black Ops
Black Ops
Black Ops

please, not black ops
Post by: Pilgrim on June 16, 2012, 02:07:59 AM
He said Black Ops Zombies, the one good thing about that game.
Post by: yoshi on June 17, 2012, 01:48:02 PM
He said Black Ops Zombies, the one good thing about that game.

Black ops zombies wasn't even good either.
Post by: Mehis on June 17, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Good luck making AI less stupid. Lol. Seriously, Black Ops type of gamemode doesn't really fit HL2 AI...
I would totally understand if you guys would make ZS remake or something like that but I think we have enough of them. I can't really see what new can you make about zombies...
Post by: Zevante on June 17, 2012, 10:17:49 PM
Maybe have it just like ZS except the fewer the people, the more powerful they are. Humans could also kill each other to gain power, but you lose respect(sort of like ttt karma). The lower your respect the higher chance of you starting as a zombie.
Post by: Lavenchie on June 17, 2012, 10:48:41 PM
Maybe have it just like ZS except the fewer the people, the more powerful they are. Humans could also kill each other to gain power, but you lose respect(sort of like ttt karma). The lower your respect the higher chance of you starting as a zombie.
So basically, Fuck people and become zombie 96% of the time or be too weak to do shit to zombies?

EDIT: Make DayZ for Gmod.
Post by: Сєşάя on August 01, 2012, 07:03:13 PM
I was thinking the gamemode like DayZ.
If not, okay, I'll kill myself :)
Post by: Loke on August 02, 2012, 09:31:15 AM
Holy fucking shit I want DayZ for Garry's Mod
Post by: Alkaline on August 02, 2012, 09:52:17 AM
Holy fucking shit I want DayZ for Garry's Mod
Chernarus in Arma 2 is about 256^2 km. The source engine can not handle maps greater than .5^2 km.
And the Arma 2 engine was built for wide open maps and large player counts.
Post by: Сєşάя on August 02, 2012, 11:05:54 AM
Chernarus in Arma 2 is about 256^2 km. The source engine can not handle maps greater than .5^2 km.
And the Arma 2 engine was built for wide open maps and large player counts.

Well...since source engine can't handle maps greater than .5^2 km. Then, We could make sub-servers, when you go far, you will enter in another server (sub-server). The disvantage is that we need more more servers and you don't know where's the map limit (and you need connect everytime).

My idea! Dunno if could work fine :S
Post by: Dale Feles on August 02, 2012, 11:41:28 AM
Well...since source engine can't handle maps greater than .5^2 km. Then, We could make sub-servers, when you go far, you will enter in another server (sub-server). The disvantage is that we need more more servers and you don't know where's the map limit (and you need connect everytime).

No, just no.

Heck, the whole DayZ idea for Gmod is horrible. I'm sorry, but it wouldn't really be possible to make it due to the Gmod engine. Even if you could, it would hardly be as fun as the original ARMA 2 DayZ.

Post by: memo3300 on August 02, 2012, 11:53:39 AM

i believe the map of the zelda project is smaller than that, and look how it is going...

maybe medieval fighthing gamemode?

Post by: Сєşάя on August 02, 2012, 03:39:03 PM
Can be any type of gamegode, provided that an attractive gamemode  :)
Last year I was trying to make gamemode that the objective is: survive a natural catastrophe (earthquakes, vulcan, tsunami, tornado..etc). You need build a protection to survive. If it's a tsunami, you need run up the hill to the tsunami don't take you.
Post by: Roach :3 on August 02, 2012, 03:59:31 PM
How about something like fallout, post apoc RPG.
Post by: Сєşάя on August 02, 2012, 05:46:14 PM
How about something like fallout, post apoc RPG.

I was thinking this since I saw Fallout Vault Map by Supertoaster <- Made in GECK(not for source game)

A Fallout mod could be a great gamemode
Post by: yoshi on August 07, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
(http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=109989) (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109989)
Post by: Doctor Who on August 08, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
We also need flying units capable of having better path finding system if that is possible
Post by: Rbn on January 26, 2013, 07:45:26 AM
We also need flying units capable of having better path finding system if that is possible

Define: "Flying Units" please.
Post by: saivon on January 26, 2013, 07:59:45 AM
Hmmmm I like zs just the way it is I think it just needs to be promoted better so people know about it and stuff

But for an idea hmm perhaps add more objective based maps ?

idk I suck at ideas lol
Post by: TehHank on January 26, 2013, 03:13:28 PM
Hmmmm I like zs just the way it is I think it just needs to be promoted better so people know about it and stuff

But for an idea hmm perhaps add more objective based maps ?

idk I suck at ideas lol

Totally unrelated to the Topic or just Wrong topic.

On topic: Fallout mod would be very interesting.
Post by: saivon on January 26, 2013, 04:00:09 PM
Totally unrelated to the Topic or just Wrong topic.

On topic: Fallout mod would be very interesting.

Not really don't be so fast to judge lol

I guess what I was trying to say was make it more objective based liek you have to actually do something instead of sitting in a room and cade or running around I think that would be cool IMO
Post by: Rbn on February 05, 2013, 09:19:38 AM
Not really don't be so fast to judge lol

I guess what I was trying to say was make it more objective based liek you have to actually do something instead of sitting in a room and cade or running around I think that would be cool IMO

If you saying you like the way that zs is now.

Making it objective isn't the same as playing Zombie panic source?... Idk just saying.
Post by: memo3300 on February 05, 2013, 12:59:52 PM
Mix TTT and Zs.

You have to find the traitors while you fight the zombies.

Something like when you spawned zombies in Crummy, but zombies being tough motherfuckers.

:idk: