.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Eion Kilant 739 on December 30, 2011, 03:42:20 PM

Title: Fix ttt_lost_temple_v1
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on December 30, 2011, 03:42:20 PM
You know the place where the staff spawnes? Well you take 85 damage from the fall into the fucking water. When this first happened I was RDMed as "It only happens when you exit the T room" but this is certanly not the case, Innocents and Traitors alike can and will take fall damage from that drop if cartain conditions are met. WTF those conditions are is unbeknownst to me. When I have tested it I noticed that I can do the exact same thing and I may or may not take fall damge.

Please fix this, it's a huge pain in the ass.
Title: Re: Fix ttt_lost_temple_v1
Post by: cogsandspigots on December 30, 2011, 03:43:06 PM
This has screwed over many traitor rounds for me.
Please fix.
Post by: Ἆxule on December 30, 2011, 03:52:43 PM
What I've found to work great is whenever you go in the portals, just press back.
I've yet to get hurt
Post by: Apie2 on December 30, 2011, 03:56:21 PM
Why isn't this already fixed...
We have this problem already long time.
Post by: Deacon on December 30, 2011, 03:58:59 PM
Unless you can find a way to effectively decompile the map and then successfully edit it, it stays
Post by: Deathie on December 30, 2011, 04:08:29 PM
Unless you can find a way to effectively decompile the map and then successfully edit it, it stays

I've decomped it just fine.

It's just a matter of figuring out WHY you take damage when you go through the portal.
Post by: Ἆxule on December 30, 2011, 04:13:16 PM

It's just a matter of figuring out WHY you take damage when you go through the portal.

You hit the floor when you go down. Thats why whenever you push the back key when you go down a shoot, it doesn't hurt you.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on December 30, 2011, 08:52:08 PM
Same problem happened to me.  >:(
Got down the the floor and got my hp to 1 ...
Post by: Deacon on December 30, 2011, 08:55:20 PM

CSS style bucket-'o-water
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on December 30, 2011, 09:04:03 PM
Source style bucket-'o-water

Fix'd
Post by: Castle on December 30, 2011, 11:56:35 PM
Eh, if i go down that hole , i dont move at all, i fall directly in the water , if you move you hit the damn floor, i got that known everytime i died.
Post by: Deathie on December 31, 2011, 12:48:10 AM
So, the only problem is that the water needs to be moved forward a couple units?
Post by: Ἆxule on December 31, 2011, 03:03:07 AM
So, the only problem is that the water needs to be moved forward a couple units?

Yep.
Post by: Travelsonic on January 01, 2012, 03:07:09 PM

Yup - plus people need to be more alert of the fact that non-Traitor-only places let out there, preventing wrongful kills because they saw an innocent exit that area, and thought he was T - and was presuming wrong .  :trollface:
Post by: Bullet Freeman on January 02, 2012, 02:08:21 AM
i killed 3 people on 15 health becouse of this
Post by: Dale Feles on January 02, 2012, 05:54:29 AM
What I've found to work great is whenever you go in the portals, just press back.
I've yet to get hurt

This is what I do.

Although it would be good if you can manage to move the water just a couple of units in front... or make the landing pool bigger.
Post by: Travelsonic on January 02, 2012, 07:04:00 AM
i killed 3 people on 15 health becouse of this

:-\

This point resembles one of the problems with this area aside from the injuries from falling.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on January 02, 2012, 12:22:39 PM
This is what I do.

Although it would be good if you can manage to move the water just a couple of units in front... or make the landing pool bigger.

A simple solution would be to just cover the floor around it with 1 unit water, but making the landing pool bigger would look better.
Post by: Deacon on January 02, 2012, 12:24:30 PM
A simple solution would be to just cover the floor around it with 1 unit water, but making the landing pool bigger would look better.

Someone is working on it.