Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

how the fuck does this even happen

<< < (3/6) > >>

Deacon:

--- Quote from: LAZER BLADE RND on October 08, 2011, 09:24:05 AM ---huh was it ever used for anything else that it wasn't supposed to be used for ?

--- End quote ---

no. its kept with the jack and tire iron under the back seat.

Prox:
It probably was some kind of spoilage I guess because I have a few of those things rusted and shit and they haven't broke yet.

Shawn:
It happens it starts as a scratch on the paint which is usually there to prevent rusting, alittle spot starts to rust then a small crack forms. now its only a matter of time before the  "wear & tear" (so to speak) takes affect then one day the metal has becomes weaken enough so when you apply force to it (Turn it to get the nuts off/on) it just brakes.

Deacon:

--- Quote from: Shawn on October 08, 2011, 09:27:09 AM ---It happens it starts as a scratch on the paint which is usually there to prevent rusting, alittle spot starts to rust then a small crack forms. now its only a matter of time before the  "wear & tear" (so to speak) takes affect then one day the metal has becomes weaken enough so when you apply force to it (Turn it to get the nuts off/on) it just brakes.

--- End quote ---

but thats just my point; its not old, we live in an area with NO humidity, it was kept inside the car...
it shouldn't have any form of wear/tear, other than previous use

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Deacon on October 08, 2011, 09:30:20 AM ---but thats just my point; its not old, we live in an area with NO humidity, it was kept inside the car...
it shouldn't have any form of wear/tear, other than previous use

--- End quote ---

Left in the car all year long? Then it just be the way metal normally acts with changing temperature metal doesn't play nice with seasons every time it goes from winter to summer the metal takes a beaten.

Or it could've been defected as in there was defects in the mold causing the sockets to be doomed before it was even bought.

Anyways it could be for any reasons like something like when you used it in the winter some water got inside micro cracks then frozen and unfroze which makes cracks bigger once metal has become "compromised" its a pretty useless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version