.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Guides

Guide on Gathering Proof for Reports

<< < (2/2)

Deacon:

--- Quote from: gamefreak171 on October 07, 2011, 10:28:00 AM ---protip, type jpeg_quality 100 in console and just use f5

original resolution and quality, SO much better when you have to read a console log. I only say that because it's not very fun finding your 3 pictures of X guy minging having to go through your other 30 TF2 screenshots. Just my preference.

--- End quote ---

Which is why I hotlink all pictures to the fullscreen shots themselves.

Alkaline:

--- Quote from: Axule on October 07, 2011, 01:06:34 AM ---Recording:

I believe you can take this file and upload it via YouTube, but I've never tried, so I'm not positive. Feel free to see though!

--- End quote ---

demos simply record serverside actions/events that occur in the server (if person one turns left, explosion occuring at tick 10169, etc.)
you cannot directly upload it to youtube until you render it into an avi/mpeg
and then you upload such video file
but it is more time consuming to go through that process than simply uploading the demo to a site
(but an embedded youtube video is much more convenient)

other than that, i love this guide!

keep up the good work and reports Axule  :fullheart:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ἆxule:
Thanks for all your advice and support.
I would modify everything right now, but sadly I'm at a place where there is no wifi.
I'm visiting my grandma in arizona.

She has a computer, so I can modify things text wise, but anything that requires to oepn gmod or such won't change for awhile.

Ἆxule:
[Updated:]
Let me know if there is anything else that should be added or modified.

Added:
- Deacon's link to his guide for writing reports.
- Alkaline's quote on why .dem won't upload to YouTube.
- gamefreak's protip on SS'ing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version