.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Guides

How to increase FPS while playing any game

<< < (2/3) > >>

YomoFox:
Buy new pc

Travelsonic:

--- Quote from: Yomofox on May 27, 2011, 06:37:29 AM ---Buy new pc

--- End quote ---

I have two computers:  A desktop computer with 2GB of DDR2 RAM, Athlon 64 2.4GHz processor, running Windows XP, and a Macbook Pro approaching 4 years old running Snow Leopard with the same amount of RAM, same processor speed.

The Macbook runs maps like Abstraction, cosmiclounge, and aeolus, infinitely better than the desktop.

Part of it IS, believe it or not, the operating system, and how it manages processes, and their usage of memory.  You don't necessarily need a new computer to run HL2 decently.

YomoFox:

--- Quote from: Travelsonic on May 28, 2011, 12:54:28 PM ---I have two computers:  A desktop computer with 2GB of DDR2 RAM, Athlon 64 2.4GHz processor, running Windows XP, and a Macbook Pro approaching 4 years old running Snow Leopard with the same amount of RAM, same processor speed.

The Macbook runs maps like Abstraction, cosmiclounge, and aeolus, infinitely better than the desktop.

Part of it IS, believe it or not, the operating system, and how it manages processes, and their usage of memory.  You don't necessarily need a new computer to run HL2 decently.

--- End quote ---

why you so rage to joke

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Travelsonic on May 28, 2011, 12:54:28 PM ---I have two computers
--- End quote ---

you know hes joking right? and thats his solution to everything....

Person: How can we solve world hunger?
Yomo: Buy new pc

Travelsonic:

--- Quote from: Yomofox on May 28, 2011, 01:52:18 PM ---why you so rage to joke

--- End quote ---

Missing a joke =/= raging.

That explanation I gave was also an honest input about the problem at hand and how complicated it can be.   Comp speed, memory usage, etc invokes my comp sci side, and I go uber geeky ranty.

BTW: For those of you using Steam in OS X, remember to not use widgets, or disable them from the get go, or kill the processes after using them, as they can eat up a SHIT TON of memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version