.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers (Read Only) > Guides

Hypextreme's Minecraft Guides

(1/1)

hypextreme:
Spoiler: Starting Bases (click to show/hide)Spoiler: Wooden House (click to show/hide)This base I would say, is a little bit easy to make for your first night in the small amount of time you have but isn't very flint and steel resistant.

Start by finding 2 small trees to punch and get around 8 logs. Also, make note of any coal that looks easy to mine.
Craft all the logs into wooden planks to get around 32 wooden planks.
Place 4 of the wooden planks in each of the crafting slots and make your crafting table and make some sticks with 4 planks.
Use the crafting table to make a wooden pickaxe and equip it.
Mine out some cobblestone from the side of a cliff or underground.
Use the crafting table again to make a stone pickaxe, stone axe, stone shovel or if you want a stone sword.
Use your axe to chop down and collect around 64 logs to make a small house, or maybe 64 and 32 logs for a normal sized house.
Use your shovel to dig some dirt, and make the land that you are going to build you house on level, filling in holes with dirt.
Build your wooden plank frame around the perimeter of the house, leaving the roof open.
Now you have two choices. 1, mine up the coal you found before. Or 2, smelt some charcoal, only if there is no coal.
Option 1. Run back to the coal you found before, mine it up, and bring it back to your house.
Option 2. Create a furnace in your crafting table with 8 cobblestone, using your furnace put a log in the top slot and a wooden plank on the bottom, and take the charcoal from the furnace.
Craft torches placing the coal/charcoal on top of a stick.
Space the torches in your house evenly, providing light for the whole area.
Place more of the wooden planks to make a roof.
Making sure you have a 1x2 open slot in the front, craft a wooden door in your crafting table with 6 planks, and place the door in the slot.
Spoiler: Underground Bunker (click to show/hide)This is probably, the easiest starting house you can make. Done skillfully, it can be very helpful in SMP and in PVP.

Start by finding 2 small trees to punch and get around 8 logs. Also, make note of any coal that looks easy to mine.
Craft all the logs into wooden planks to get around 32 wooden planks.
Place 4 of the wooden planks in each of the crafting slots and make your crafting table and make some sticks with 4 planks.
Use the crafting table to make a wooden pickaxe and equip it.
Mine out some cobblestone from the side of a cliff or underground.
Use the crafting table again to make a stone pickaxe, stone axe, stone shovel or if you want a stone sword.
You have two choices. 1, mine up the coal you found before. Or 2, smelt some charcoal, only if there is no coal.
Option 1. Run back to the coal you found before, mine it up, and bring it back to your bunker.
Option 2. Create a furnace in your crafting table with 8 cobblestone, using your furnace put a log in the top slot and a wooden plank on the bottom, and take the charcoal from the furnace.
Craft torches placing the coal/charcoal on top of a stick.
Use your stone pickaxe and shovel to dig a staircase as far down as you want then dig out your base.
Space the torches in your base evenly, providing light for the whole area.
Make a little small shack/room around the stairs just bid enough to cover the area and still be able to go down.
Making sure you have a 1x2 open slot in the front, craft a wooden door in your crafting table with 6 planks, and place the door in the slot.>I'll add pictures and more tutorials when I can
>Oh yeah and- thanks to ryadztu for getting the pingazed version for me

blαh2355:
I laughed when it said the wooden house wasn't flint and steel proof. :D Them griefers :(

hypextreme:
Minecraft : Don't build wooden houses

Dale Feles:
Your First Shelter in Minecraft (Tutorial Machinima)

Mr. Franklin:
pretty simple Minecraft guide but i do like it alot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version