Discussion > Discussion

What happened?

(1/4) > >>

Bomb Squad:
Okay, so,

I have been a member of this community since 2009-2010, after I found your servers in my pirated Garry's Mod's server list. I've enjoyed thousands (2030 as of this post) of hours of fun in the game since, the majority of which were spent on your servers. I had tons of fun on wirebuild, fretta, freebuild, TTT... and I've made great friends throughout.

However, as time went on, I got bored of the game - I went on to other games, and eventually other communities... at this point, I do not believe I have played on any Garry's Mod server since mid to late 2014, including your own (the final time was the closing of the wirebuild server, some time in August).

Today, I got an itch to play some TTT. I had heard from some friends that in the past few months RND had had a TTT server up, so I fired up Garry's Mod, went to your website, and suprisingly, did not find any evidence that you guys had any Garry's Mod server up. Not even the Fretta server was up.

So what I'm asking is - what happened? I have been out of the loop for some time and am not really caught up on what's going on. I'm just curious as to where the servers went. I understand that our community, in the past, has suffered from many inactive people and stagnation, perhaps, but has it really gotten to the point where we had to take the servers down?

xxMingebaggerxx:
As much as ive been able to gather, no people -> no reason to host empty servers -> servers shutdown.. :/

○ Μαρία ○:
More or less what Minge said.

The TS3 sever is still being hosted because it is being used, unfortunately, TTT and Fretta are no longer being hosted due to lack of playerbase. This may or may not have been also due to the servers occasional crashings when they were up, but despite even that, the only one that really saw steady players for some time was Fretta.

Beside all of that friend, rNd is still a gaming community above all else. A place where people can congregate and play games together. We may no longer have gmod servers up, but that does not mean that we are restricted to that alone. If you find a fun game that others can participate in, feel free to post about it here and see if people would feel like getting together for some fun times, or hop onto the TS3 server and hang out.

There is also the possibility of Deathie hosting some gmod related things under the rNd tag, but I insist you talk to him about that, I am not too well versed in the goings of Garrys Mod anymore.

Hope this helps!

Deathie:

--- Quote from: ○ Μαρία ○ on January 31, 2016, 08:45:39 PM ---There is also the possibility of Deathie hosting some gmod related things under the rNd tag, but I insist you talk to him about that, I am not too well versed in the goings of Garrys Mod anymore.

--- End quote ---
I just wanted to host like four servers from the golden days for a few months for the sake of nostalgia.
Bring back wirebuild, zs 2.0, ttt, and flood

Shawn:

--- Quote from: Deathie on February 01, 2016, 02:36:18 AM ---
, zs 2.0,

--- End quote ---

can we have the death labs maps back for lols?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version