Technology (Read Only) > Computers

Is upgrading to Windows 10 worth it?

(1/2) > >>

Prox:
Since Windows 10 is free and the update process does not delete the data that I've stored on my computer I'd like to ask those who are a bit more familiar with these new Windows. Are they worth it? How exactly and in which field are they better/worse then Windows 7? Does anyone here have them installed?

coolzeldad:
Still don't have it running on a daily system, but I've heard from people I know testing it that it's a bit faster, you can remove the metro stuff to make it almost similar to windows 7 layout, multiple desktops is a huge plus for me in terms of workspace but it might not affect yours, and of course you also get the extended update lifetime of a new operating system, access to the metro apps from Windows 8/8.1(if you're into that sorta thing), etc.

Also, you may experience slew of bugs and other things present in a general release before they have a chance to patch, etc.

Monorail Cat:
I've had a friend who is really into web design and gaming upgrade.  He says it's a lot nicer, and he thinks it's better than Windows 7.  I trust him, but I'm still going to wait another month or so.  I don't want anything to break before I go back to school.

๖Ϝцzsioᴎ:
I personally use 10 and I love the new aesthetics and performance, but for some reason I'm getting random freezes and Blue Screen because of my Wifi drivers that aren't updated to 10; so be careful if you do update as some third party drivers might not work.

» Magic «:
Not worth atm because of little issues (hamachi tunngle and openvpn do not work, xonar drivers nowhere to be seen etc) and nvidia optimus is poop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version