Technology (Read Only) > Mapping

UPDATE THREAD for deathrun_rnd_throbbing

(1/4) > >>

Monorail Cat:
This thread will be dedicated to updates and questions about the W.I.P.

Monorail Cat:
deathrun_rnd_throbbing sample 1

Prox:
I'm assuming that it's not final and you're going to place the trap buttons in a more convenient place, if not then you should definitely do that.
I really don't know how is the first trap going to be like in actual gameplay so I'll be looking forward to testing it before it gets added to the server (assuming you're planning on testing it which I would recommend)
Another suggestion I have is not to make the whole map course to be completely indoors, you should make some places with open sky areas as well, I think it would make the map much more appealing.
Either way, keep up the good work, man.

Monorail Cat:

--- Quote from: Prox on September 19, 2014, 04:40:02 AM ---I'm assuming that it's not final and you're going to place the trap buttons in a more convenient place, if not then you should definitely do that.
I really don't know how is the first trap going to be like in actual gameplay so I'll be looking forward to testing it before it gets added to the server (assuming you're planning on testing it which I would recommend)
Another suggestion I have is not to make the whole map course to be completely indoors, you should make some places with open sky areas as well, I think it would make the map much more appealing.
Either way, keep up the good work, man.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  And yeah, I forgot to add that the button is also a placeholder.  I am going to get every single mechanic built ready before I go in and texture everything and make it all pretty. 
I also do plan on having at least several rounds of testing.  Deathrun maps are difficult because the traps need to be balanced enough so that the runners have an equal chance of making it through and of dying.  So yes, whenever I get to points that need testing, I'll be sure to ask people for help.
Now, with the skybox, I have also planned on putting that in somewhere.  Not completely sure where, but it will be in, maybe more than once.

Monorail Cat:
deathrun_rnd_throbbing sample 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version