Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

I hate myself

(1/1)

๖Ϝцzsioᴎ:
I sincerely don't recommend this post if you're having a good day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Just recently, my dog died.
She had a cut in her stomach and she was only 2, I mean look at her
Spoiler (click to show/hide)I found her curled up in a ball in a corner in my room, poop all over her, didn't even have the strength to squirm. We brought her to the vet, to find her stomach has been cut open by a tiny piece of glass slowly killing her leading her to bleed internally for a month.
We first thought she wasn't eating because she was losing weight quite rapidly, we didn't think anything of it and gave her fatty pet food.
Month after we found out about her losing weight, we brought her to the vet to get the news that she didn't make it.
I couldn't have known, I thought she wasn't eating, not bleeding internally.
The reason I hate myself; is because I'm lazy, never bothered to pick up the poop in the back yard, so she might've ate some poop with a tiny bit of glass which lead her to get her stomach cut.
I don't know hot to deal with this, I don't know what I could've and couldn't have done.

mfw I posted in wrong section

○ Μαρία ○:
Well, you shouldn't beat yourself up too hard for it, but maybe this will incline you to make a change in your life if you really feel that responsible. I'm sorry for your lost though, I know how hard it is to lose a dog, and I am sure how she died doesn't make it any better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version