Creative Arts (Read Only) > Literature

Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus

(1/1)

·UηİŦ··:
I like it, it makes me think and does things and I haven't read a -new- book in maybe 4-5 years and the last book I -kept- reading bits of was 1984 for the 100th 170th time.
Though I've dipped in and out of it a few times, I've practically burned it into my head.

I've only gotten the thing from class today at lunch and I'm halfway through it.

It's alright. A bit controversial but that's no problem for me. 

VVVSPOILER SRSVVV
Spoiler (click to show/hide)It's got time travel and "This is a 2.1 Universe!", Animus-like histovision stuff and Christopher Columbus edumacation Not entirely sure about everything about CC but it's a nice thing to visualize as you read) going on, so far.

Didn't actually expect a novel to be so profound with itself when it actually begins to say that someone like CC ruined the world... and then go on to incorporate every single detail about said time stream and then have some future eden-dwellers to try to fix the past and discover wat goin on and attempt to stop CC from doing his dastardlyness in a pacifist manner... only to realize that an alternate future version of themselves might of came to CC in a 'vision' and told him to go west instead of come back east and lead a Crusade to capture Constantinople from the Ottoman dynasty and that lead to their reality ooorsomethinglikethattimeywimeypairofsox.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Or slavery being good/bad, question religion or the Atlantic and shit. And then face heel turn and go right back to saying their lives were predetermined and they can't change it because of a great plan.

controversial, but

i love this book and i hope the author churns out more shit for me to scream at the sky about before i finally dismantle all the big messages the author has hidden in the text/overcomplicate things

I think I'm the only person in my class reading this through and through, or even reading it. Everyone else probably got to the first CC segment and went "THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT GOD FUCK THIS" without realizing that, for the most part, the book isn't really even taking sides (as far as I know so far from reading half the book already). All bias is generated from the reader at this point, if they even got past page 3.
EDIT: Oh... it appears that the author actually is somewhat biased and a bit, uh... propaganda-like. Well, nevertheless, it's a good book because I get to see all the views without choosing a side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version