Restricted (Read Only) > Senior Members

Suggestion-

<< < (2/2)

Ἆxule:
Yeah. Don't make us do more work

Deathie:

--- Quote from: Sabb on September 15, 2012, 01:35:31 PM ---Well the IP isn't used by players so the only reason the IP would be displayed is for the admins. In some cases I'm pretty sure coolz has had to use the IPs for some stuff, or just to check for a duplicate account or something like that. Pretty sure it can still be useful. Just that VIPs and other players wouldn't really need it. Just the Steam ID.

--- End quote ---

The IP is still logged. We just can't see it.

When the server auto-bans you, it'll publicly show the IP with it.

Personally, I'm not okay with this. While an IP isn't the hardest thing in the world to get, and it /is/ public information, you can do serious damage with one.

I don't want players to be vulnerable just becuase they changed their name in the middle of a round.

Sabb:

--- Quote from: Death M.D. on September 15, 2012, 07:00:09 PM ---The IP is still logged. We just can't see it.

When the server auto-bans you, it'll publicly show the IP with it.

Personally, I'm not okay with this. While an IP isn't the hardest thing in the world to get, and it /is/ public information, you can do serious damage with one.

I don't want players to be vulnerable just becuase they changed their name in the middle of a round.

--- End quote ---
Good point. I think the only person who would need to use the IP for something with be coolz any ways, so having it not displayed should be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version