.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Promotions (Read Only) => Admin => Topic started by: Jman on November 26, 2011, 05:10:47 PM

Title: Application: Deacon
Post by: Jman on November 26, 2011, 05:10:47 PM
Well I know he asked to be demoted from VIP and doesn't think he needs admin right now, but I think he's the best candidate at the moment. I don't see any harm from letting him see people's opinions of him being an admin.

Post your opinions of our dear friend Deacon being admin here.
Title: Re: Application: Deacon
Post by: Cable on November 26, 2011, 05:12:59 PM
Well I know he asked to be demoted from VIP and doesn't think he needs admin right now, but I think he's the best candidate at the moment. I don't see any harm from letting him see people's opinions of him being an admin.

Post your opinions of our dear friend Deacon being admin here.
He didn't like the attention of being a VIP.
No way he'd like the attention of being admin.
Post by: Sabb on November 26, 2011, 05:13:38 PM
I don't even need to go into a whole bunch of reasons why he needs admin, fking everyone knows them. Only problem is Deacon's lack of wanting the responsibility, which isn't up to us and is completely fair. I don't doubt however, that if Deacon changes his mind on that, that he would EASILY be promoted, as he should be.
Post by: Jman on November 26, 2011, 05:26:20 PM
He didn't like the attention of being a VIP.
No way he'd like the attention of being admin.

Regardless of the attention, it's something the admins deal with on a daily basis. It's something that cannot be avoided. The point is that I see him as the best possible candidate at the moment by far to go up for admin.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on November 26, 2011, 05:33:30 PM
as the best possible candidate at the moment by far to go up for admin.

But as he's said, he didn't want to have the attention and stress of being a VIP. It doesn't seem like he would want to be admin at any rate, I would love to see him as one though.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on November 26, 2011, 06:03:22 PM
If he doesn't want the attention of being VIP, why would he want the attention of being admin? Sure he might be a great admin, but if doesn't want to have the pressure of being an admin then he shouldn't have it.
Post by: Sabb on November 26, 2011, 06:30:55 PM
The point of this I believe was mostly just to give opinions of Deacon in an administrative position, whether he wants to get promoted or not. I don't mean that as he'd be forced to be an admin (lol), just that it's to discuss Deacon in such a role I guess?
Post by: Deathie on November 26, 2011, 06:42:30 PM
The point of this I believe was mostly just to give opinions of Deacon in an administrative position, whether he wants to get promoted or not. I don't mean that as he'd be forced to be an admin (lol), just that it's to discuss Deacon in such a role I guess?

Well

There'd be a huge difference between handing situations as VIP or as Admin.

For one, you don't have to put up with abusive regulars, or having to go through the process of making reports for hackers or people who need extended bans.

So I wouldn't see why he'd say no if it's a situation of just waiting to be promoted ._.

Anyways, my vote's a yes.
Post by: Sabb on November 26, 2011, 07:36:30 PM
Well

There'd be a huge difference between handing situations as VIP or as Admin.

For one, you don't have to put up with abusive regulars, or having to go through the process of making reports for hackers or people who need extended bans.

So I wouldn't see why he'd say no if it's a situation of just waiting to be promoted ._.

Anyways, my vote's a yes.
Well, I don't believe that he does want admin, but if he does I see it perfectly fit for him to get it.
Post by: Frank on November 26, 2011, 08:37:41 PM
Yep. I think he'd be a great candidate. The little I know him, I know only good.
Post by: Don on November 27, 2011, 03:22:12 AM
I think we all know what a great candidate Deacon would be for both admin and VIP.

BUT he said himself multiple times that he does not want to be either. I don't really think there's a point in making an admin application for him if he absolutely refuses to even apply for VIP.
Yes, it has been said before, but I felt like repeating it.
Post by: Apie2 on November 27, 2011, 03:44:41 AM
If somebody doesn't want to be VIP or admin.
Then why would we promoted him then...........
Post by: coolzeldad on November 27, 2011, 03:55:19 AM
Just my 2 cents on applications in general, it's nice to see comments about a potential future candidate, not just for admin but maybe also for another position.
Post by: Jman on November 27, 2011, 07:00:47 AM
Just my 2 cents on applications in general, it's nice to see comments about a potential future candidate, not just for admin but maybe also for another position.

Oh, right.

(http://i39.tinypic.com/30utixv.jpg)

Post by: Frank on November 27, 2011, 07:10:30 AM
Oh, right.

Horry penis
Post by: Shawn on November 27, 2011, 07:23:08 AM
I know this has been said many times but i have to say it again. He quit being a VIP because he couldn't handle the stress of it... Now if this was any other person besides Deacon would we even give this app a second glance besides "Couldn't handle stress of VIP, No"

Seriously! I would love for Deacon to be an Admin but realistically he couldn't handle VIP and that isn't a good quality for admin... I think some of you are basing your votes on your personal relationship with him.

If i am wrong on the reason he stepped down then i apologize.
Post by: Don on November 27, 2011, 09:02:20 AM
text

Message from Deacon:

I stepped down from VIP because I was dealing with alot of stress in my life, especially in my personal life, which is, respectfully, none of your business (if you really want to know, just ask). The problem was that I was so frustrated and easy to set off that I would get angry anytime I came across someone doing something wrong, especially our repeat offenders.

I stepped down to avoid myself making stupid decisions as a VIP. I didn't want to show to everyone that RND had moderators that would kick you because they were angry. Even if that was not the case, if they were actually breaking rules, the way I would condone myself at that time made it seem as though I was just upset and taking it out on someone. When I stepped down, it was to avoid that from becoming a problem, and perhaps my choice in doing some pretty stupid things.
Post by: Sabb on November 27, 2011, 09:14:26 AM
Just want to mention again that the purpose of posting the application, I believe, was just to get opinions about Deacon. We all know that he said he doesn't want to be promoted right now. That's fine. He isn't being forced to be promoted... it's just to discuss him in a different position.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Post by: Shawn on November 27, 2011, 09:42:48 AM
Message from Deacon:

I stepped down from VIP because I was dealing with alot of stress in my life

First Deacon you could've messaged me instead i believe we do have each other on steam :P

Second my OP in now invalid that was based on the assumption it was due to stress of being a VIP. Which i gathered from this thread

But as he's said, he didn't want to have the attention and stress of being a VIP.

but i guess Hotgreen Misquoted you which caused the confusion.
Post by: Deathie on November 27, 2011, 09:45:04 AM
First Deacon you could've messaged me instead i believe we do have each other on steam :P

I'm sure it was directed towards everyone in the thread, not just you.
Post by: Prox on December 03, 2011, 08:04:36 AM
I know that a lot of stress in life can make it very difficult to make basic decisions, I had quite a lot hard moments in my not so long life yet, but I think that an admin should not just step down because of that, a better solution would be not to play/moderate or do it less then you usually do but hey, it's not like I know how much stress did you had back then.
Post by: Juan_Ambriz on December 19, 2011, 02:26:03 PM
I honestly think Deacon would be a great Admin.
He is on the servers a lot, is nice, fun, helpful, and just awesome.

And this is my honest opinion.
But of course it's allllllllllllllllllll up to him
Post by: Deacon on January 04, 2012, 03:01:35 PM
Been thinking about it; if you guys will have me, I'm ready for it. Got a promotion so I'm not on as much but now that I'm not worrying about how to pay the bills (as much) I play more often during my time off. I am very familiar with the procedures and whatnot, very familiar with the rules, and willing to help around the forums if needed.

I will be strict; but try my best not to be offensive in that.
I play a lot of ttt and zs. I'm in green shift more often than stronghold but I can help.
Ohshitlunchovertimeforworkkthxbai
Post by: Jman on January 04, 2012, 03:39:37 PM
oh shit I came.

My strong  :thumbsup: still stands for the reasons aforementioned.
Post by: Don on January 04, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
I came repeatedly

Give this man the admin. No one deserves it as much as Deacon (excluding Snivy).
Post by: Dale Feles on January 04, 2012, 05:52:00 PM
I don't think I need to explain my point.....  :thumbsup:

Glad to see stuff in your personal life is going a well.
Post by: Jman on January 05, 2012, 06:22:57 AM
This.

Post by: » Magic « on January 05, 2012, 09:51:37 AM
I'd personally love to see Deacon as an admin, so many great times been and gone and many yet to be had

He'd almost certainly not mess something up on purpose, I can assure you that much

:thumbsup:
Post by: Deacon on January 18, 2012, 12:44:52 AM
messed up on purpose.
Lock.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on January 18, 2012, 01:09:30 AM
messed up on purpose.
Lock.
Why :(
Post by: Deacon on January 18, 2012, 01:19:04 AM
Why :(

not important.
Post by: coolzeldad on January 18, 2012, 01:22:46 AM
Locked by Request
Post by: Jman on January 18, 2012, 03:42:33 AM
Locked by Request

Damnit Deacon. When I saw it locked in my unread topics I thought he was approved and I came everywhere. Now I have to clean it up for nothing :<
Post by: Don on January 18, 2012, 06:43:43 AM
Damnit Deacon. When I saw it locked in my unread topics I thought he was approved and I came everywhere. Now I have to clean it up for nothing :<
same ;;
Post by: coolzeldad on June 02, 2012, 12:38:56 AM
Deacon wants his app opened and I agree.

Personally I think he's a viable candidate :D
Post by: coolzeldad on November 19, 2012, 02:36:57 PM
Welcome to the administration :)