.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Bans (Read Only) => Appeal => Unapproved => Topic started by: Dale Feles on October 18, 2011, 04:35:09 PM

Title: Moo
Post by: Dale Feles on October 18, 2011, 04:35:09 PM
Now, I know Moo hasn't been banned, but I was having a conversation with him trying to convince him to come back to rNd.

I stated that we needed more Admins, and this is what he replied:

(http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8778/mooir.png) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/mooir.png/)

So, discuss. Do you guys want him back in the community? Please keep this thread serious.
Title: Re: Moo
Post by: cogsandspigots on October 18, 2011, 04:39:37 PM
To be honest:
He got things done, but I did not like the manner in which he did them
Post by: Deacon on October 18, 2011, 04:45:33 PM
To be honest:
He got things done, but I did not like the manner in which he did them

Aside from spelling errors and the occasional FAK, he did what anyone else would have done. I'm not quite certain how else to do it. Someone is causing problems? Ban them. If they care, they will come talk to you about it, at which time the ban will be removed because they care enough about the game to speak up.

I would do it the same way if I could.
Post by: ursus on October 18, 2011, 04:53:02 PM
Aside from spelling errors and the occasional FAK, he did what anyone else would have done. I'm not quite certain how else to do it. Someone is causing problems? Ban them. If they care, they will come talk to you about it, at which time the ban will be removed because they care enough about the game to speak up.

I would do it the same way if I could.

You forgot the part where he was kind of a dick to the players he banned.

Any other admin, regardless of how stupid the person was acting, would act decent to them.

Not meaning to rag on rNd's patron saint or anything, but it's the truth.
Post by: Cake Faice on October 18, 2011, 04:54:57 PM
No.
Post by: Sabb on October 18, 2011, 04:55:26 PM
I don't want Moo to come back because people are trying to somewhat force him to? It would be better if he came back on his own. I wish he would.
Post by: Deacon on October 18, 2011, 04:57:45 PM
And those people he banned were being asses themselves.
Post by: Don on October 18, 2011, 04:58:05 PM
I wish he'd come back, but as Sabb said, only if he wants to himself.

Post by: Devie on October 18, 2011, 04:58:55 PM
FUCK MOO AND HIS UTTERS
HE'S A DICK SUCKING CUNT MOTHER FUCKER ASS LICKING---

just kidding.
honestly don't give a fuck cuz the way he handled shit was fine to me.
He handled them with authority and shit without seeming like he's taking it too seriously (real life seriousness)

It's fine if he comes back and it's fine if he doesnt but it's all his decision.
Even if this appeal had 1000000000 votes for him to come back
or -100000000 "No"s.

It's all up to him.

He was a great admin though IMO.
Post by: Deacon on October 18, 2011, 05:00:23 PM

It's all up to him.

A:LGJAGIRJG
NO ITS NOT
Post by: Devie on October 18, 2011, 05:05:45 PM
A:LGJAGIRJG
NO ITS NOT

why is it not up to him?
He stepped down because he wanted to.
He's got a choice of what he wants to do. Whether to come back or not.

Post by: ursus on October 18, 2011, 05:07:10 PM

He handled them with authority and shit without seeming like he's taking it too seriously (real life seriousness)

This is why I have a problem with this.

I've never once see him put even the slightest amount of seriousness into anything, or even pretend to CARE, for that matter.

Go ahead and disagree, I expect you to, but bringing moo back to solve the bad players on the servers is like washing your car by setting it on fire.

Just my opinion.

Post by: Dale Feles on October 18, 2011, 05:10:36 PM
I know that Gamefreak and Cake face kinda hold some grudges against him, but I believe he could change his ways, and probably ease up a little bit on his bans.

YES sometimes putting the reason "a" can be ridiculous.

YES he might have horrible spelling.

YES he can be stubborn at times.

But what if we all politely asked him to change? It's not that hard to tell him to wright using correct grammar, and changing the reasons why he bans.

why is it not up to him?

Moo stated that it was, how to say "bummer" that rNd needed more admins. He basically only wants to come back if most people would agree, as I stated before.
Post by: ursus on October 18, 2011, 05:11:59 PM
I know that Gamefreak and Cake face kinda hold some grudges against him, but I believe he could change his ways, and probably ease up a little bit on his bans.

YES sometimes putting the reason "a" can be ridiculous.

YES he might have horrible spelling.

YES he can be stubborn at times.

But what if we all politely asked him to change? It's not that hard to tell him to wright using correct grammar, and changing the reasons why he bans.

Moo stated that it was, how to say "bummer" that rNd needed more admins. He basically only wants to come back if most people would agree, as I stated before.

If he can come back and muster up some human decency and proper grammar, and actually take the 5 seconds to give a REASON for banning someone, then I'll welcome him with some cookies and a glass of milk.

But otherwise, everyone knows where I stand.
Post by: Sabb on October 18, 2011, 05:13:42 PM
Yea, I can bet he's not coming back.
Thread is now basically smash Moo thread... lock and move on.
Post by: Deacon on October 18, 2011, 05:16:16 PM
why is it not up to him?

sorry, i am not good at sarcasm

also

fuck this thread i'm outta here
Post by: Devie on October 18, 2011, 05:28:15 PM
Knowing moo, he's not gonna change for anyone.
He is who he is.....either you learn how to accept that and get used to it, or stay around hating his guts just for the way he is then don't even bother trying to get him to come back if he changes.

I'm sure "asking politely" isn't gonna do anything.
No I'm not speaking out for moo at all. Just speaking out from my own relationship with moo as a friend/bitchface.

Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 18, 2011, 05:30:00 PM
I think he should come back...

Yeah, he didn't exactly put a lot of seriousness into it, and yeah, he may have been a dick to people but he just had his own way of being an admin and I think it was a pretty good way.

Yeah, sure, he may be an asshole to the players he's banned but he just wants to see if they can really handle that and just try to get appealed after ignoring conditions they're in.

Moo just wants to help others, he's just not good at expressing it in a positive way. (Forgot how to say that ._.)

He may use terrible grammar and act like a total ass to the people he bans, but in all reality he's serious about it
Post by: ursus on October 18, 2011, 05:31:39 PM
I'll just take this one opportunity to rehash my earlier post with... more sensibility, I suppose

I am not opposed to Moo coming back because I think he's a bad admin.

I've played with him plenty of times, and he's more efficient at cleaning out the servers than anyone else here.

My problem is the fact that he doesn't seem to hold importance to things like human decency. Or typing properly.

I don't like to bring personal grudges out in the open, but when I was banned for a month from the forums, it was from Moo, with the reason "a". Naturally, I assumed this meant he wanted me to talk to him. Instead, he refused multiple times to explain himself, or even hint at why he banned me at all.

Again, I wasn't being sarcastic previously. If he can start putting effort into other things besides just basic admin duties, then I'm all for it.

Sorry for sending this thread down the shitter. I feel a little strongly about this, if you haven't noticed.

...I'll just go now.
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on October 18, 2011, 05:34:01 PM
@What Gamefreak said:

Moo acts like that because that's the way he is.

But when I've talked to him about stuff like that I sense that he's actually being serious under all those crudely made sentences and remarks
Post by: Cake Faice on October 18, 2011, 05:37:09 PM
@What Gamefreak said:

Moo acts like that because that's the way he is.

Then that's not a very good ground to be an admin for a community if you have a habit of acting like that.
Post by: Dale Feles on October 18, 2011, 05:46:43 PM
Well, I guess anyone could lock this

Sorry for making this thread that might of seemed kinda retarded for some of you people. Maybe he's gone for the greater good of the community, maybe not. Sorry again I cannot stress this enough.