.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Games => Post-Based Games/Threads => Topic started by: Deathie on March 07, 2011, 07:17:43 PM

Title: Choose your own adventure?
Post by: Deathie on March 07, 2011, 07:17:43 PM
I kind of got this idea off the sutuation game.

Basically, one person gives a situation, while the second poster answers it, where the third poster gives another situation in direct correlation to the first post. Kind of like a choose-your-own adventure book, except written by whoever wants to make a post.

Quote from: Poster 1
You wake up in a desert. To your right (North) is a large sand dune, and civilization might be on the other end, but the trek would take a day. You look to your left (South), and see a road going from East to West. Will you follow the road, or hike over the dune?

Quote from: Poster 2
I go up the mountain.

Quote from: Poster 3
You spend the day climbing to the top of the mountain. To your dissatisfaction, you only see more sand. It's almost night and you need to set up camp. What will you do?

Quote from: Poster 4
I search around and find a few stray branch clusters (Tumbleweeds). I quickly make a bed for the night.

And so on.

Try to keep things semi-serious, and don't reply "Then I fapped furiously" to whatever.

You wake up in a hotel room. You don't remember how or why you're here. You slowly get up and see two exits, a sliding door to a balcony, or the front door. Where do you go?

Title: Re: Choose your own adventure?
Post by: Deacon on March 07, 2011, 07:21:39 PM
I walk cautiously toward the front door.
Post by: Deathie on March 07, 2011, 07:22:48 PM
As you walk closer to the door, you hear screaming coming from down the hallway.

Will you look into the peephole first, or try to open the door?
Post by: Cake Faice on March 07, 2011, 07:29:22 PM
I looked in the peephole, to only see a small view of a man holding a bloody butcher knife up to what appears to be his wife.
Post by: Rocket50 on March 07, 2011, 07:50:40 PM
I looked in the peephole, to only see a small view of a man holding a bloody butcher knife up to what appears to be his wife.

>First-person then third-person.

He looked in the peephole, to only see a small view of a man holding a bloody butcher knife up to what appears to be his wife. He could clearly see his wife's face, the distinct beads of sweat forming around her forhead as she squirmed under the man's grip. Shock, concern, and most of all, confusion rung through his head as he thought of what course of action he should take against a situation such as this.
Post by: Deathie on March 07, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
You quickly try to open the door, to no avail. The lock has been broken, and you can't get the door down. You hear the man on the other side of the door yelling something, but all you can make out are muffled fits of rage. Suddenly, and idea pops into your head, and you run to the sliding door balcony.
Post by: Frank on March 08, 2011, 09:34:23 AM
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you reach the door, you realise it's not a door, but actually a large window. You open it, and walk out to the balcony. To your left, you see the balcony continue, and some more windows. To your right, you see the balcony's end, but inmediatly, 1 metre later, another balcony begins.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 08, 2011, 01:49:42 PM
You climb onto the balcony rail and jump onto the other balcony. The door is unlocked but it is stained with blood. Another balcony juts out slightly more below you and is only a 8 ft drop. You can faintly hear the words "Kiddy land!" yelled a few stories above you.
Post by: Deathie on March 08, 2011, 02:01:15 PM
Looking up in an attempt to see what made the noise, you accidentally slip, but just manage to grab the bottom of the balcony rails. You here the commotion in the hallway has stopped, followed by banging on your door.

You can't pull yourself up, the only option left is to let go and hope you don't break your legs on the second balcony.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 08, 2011, 02:06:00 PM
Upon landing you instantly realize why the balcony jutted out. The whole thing had broken away from the wall. You can either go with the balcony and hope it hits other balconies to slow it down/stop it or dive through the window.
Post by: Seb on March 08, 2011, 02:06:11 PM
oh shi-

damn

Pull your leg over, back to the balcony and jump to the other balcony.
Post by: Deathie on March 08, 2011, 02:31:24 PM
You can't pull yourself up, the only option left is to let go and hope you don't break your legs on the second balcony.
oh shi-

damn

Pull your leg over, back to the balcony and jump to the other balcony.

An accurate representation would be like in Spiderman 1, where the balcony is breaking off the wall. You can either make a run, and dive into the window, hoping you won't bounce back, or fall down with the balcony and hope it stops on the lower levels.
Post by: Cheesicle on March 09, 2011, 01:21:14 AM
You run and dive into the window, jamming your fingers in the process.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 11:48:43 AM
You also knock yourself out on the impact but you do break through. You wake about 2 minutes later, and find a deep gash in your side from the glass. Its bleeding pretty badly and you need to find someway to stop the bleeding. There is a dead human-like creature in the corner and an unlocked door.
Post by: Deathie on March 09, 2011, 12:20:34 PM
You also knock yourself out on the impact but you do break through. You wake about 2 minutes later, and find a deep gash in your side from the glass. Its bleeding pretty badly and you need to find someway to stop the bleeding. There is a dead human-like creature in the corner and an unlocked door.

What.

Hold on, I'm completely lost in the setting.

Zombie apocalypse?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 12:35:17 PM
What.

Hold on, I'm completely lost in the setting.

Zombie apocalypse?
Not necessarily. I said it looks human, but you aren't sure.
Post by: Deathie on March 09, 2011, 12:39:33 PM
Not necessarily. I said it looks human, but you aren't sure.

You can't stand up, for the wound is too painful. You can see the humanoid has something in it's hands. Looks like a pistol. Go for it?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 01:51:25 PM
You can't stand up, for the wound is too painful. You can see the humanoid has something in it's hands. Looks like a pistol. Go for it?
I make a few small noises and tap it on the foot. I then take the pistol when I'm sure its dead. Pistol's empty and the corpse has no more clips in his hoster. Oh well, maybe I could club something with it.
Post by: Cheesicle on March 09, 2011, 02:13:19 PM
I make a few small noises and tap it on the foot. I then take the pistol when I'm sure its dead. Pistol's empty and the corpse has no more clips in his hoster. Oh well, maybe I could club something with it.

Cautiously, you open the door.
Post by: Don on March 09, 2011, 02:16:03 PM
Everybody get on the floor
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 02:21:48 PM
You see 3 hallways, left has a box with a red + on it but beyond is blocked by debris, right is very long and has stairs at the end (you probably wont make it), and and the one straight in front of you is about twice the length of the one on the left and has a box with a red + at the end. You can also to continue to check the room for supplies.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 02:49:03 PM
As you check the room you find a green 5-foot locker laying on the ground, you open it to find 2 pistol mags,3 grenades, and a first aid kit
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 02:51:50 PM
You patch yourself up, reload your pistol, and check your grenades (1 smoke, 1 frag, 1 flash). You also find a medical journal. Take it, read it now, or leave it?
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 02:53:23 PM
Leave, as you leave you see a small leaver on the ground, Pull it or ignore it?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 02:56:35 PM
Ignore it and check out the left hallway.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 03:00:42 PM
you see a man running from a Creature that gives you a.....Chill down your spine, Run or shoot?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 03:08:05 PM
Run, the thing looks more human than the other creature you saw, and is faster than you and you are soon cornered, but before the thing reaches you it drops to the ground and dies. You pop a bullet in its head before you go. Open the box you found earlier or continue down another hallway?
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 03:13:41 PM
countinue down another hallway to see a small girl crying, Help her or leave her
Post by: Deathie on March 09, 2011, 03:14:51 PM
Run, the thing looks more human than the other creature you saw, and is faster than you and you are soon cornered, but before the thing reaches you it drops to the ground and dies. You pop a bullet in its head before you go. Open the box you found earlier or continue down another hallway?

Visual representation of said creature

(http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads//2008/11/penumbrabp.jpg)
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 03:45:14 PM
Visual representation of said creature

(http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads//2008/11/penumbrabp.jpg)
ITS MY WORST NIGHTMARE! KILL IT WITH FIRe
Post by: Cheesicle on March 09, 2011, 04:33:50 PM
countinue down another hallway to see a small girl crying, Help her or leave her

Pop a cap in her head.

LOL JK

Ask her what's going on
Post by: Myppl9 on March 09, 2011, 04:39:51 PM
she said a strange creature attacked her and her father, her father told her to run,now she cant find him

Post by: Deathie on March 09, 2011, 06:29:24 PM

I'm so confused, I think we should reset.

We need to have everyone know the setting and what's going on,

Next poster decides. Give details.
Post by: Foofoojack on March 09, 2011, 06:36:32 PM
I ended up in a room somehow, the are spikes above, left and right of me. But no doors. With every step you take, the spikes move inwards just a pinch.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 09, 2011, 06:39:34 PM
Sprint into the wall ahead of you with your arms covering your head.
Post by: Cheesicle on March 09, 2011, 07:11:58 PM
Luckily, the wall is extremely thin and you burst through. You are now in a extremely long and dark hallway. There is an elevator at the end, however it is broken.
Post by: Deathie on March 09, 2011, 07:54:27 PM
(Cheese, you need to give a choice to the next poster.)

It's very dark, but you somehow manage to find a rusty pipe.
Coincidentally, just as you pick up the pipe, power returns. You're in some sort of underground facility. Some faint memories begin to come back to you.

....big room...
....loud dinging...
....Hard...too...breathe...

Those were the only thoughts you could gather from previously. The last thing you remember is leaving home to go to work.

As you walk into the elevator, there are 8 Floors
______
|B1  ?? |
|B2  F1 |
|B3  B4 |
|B5_B6 |
|______|

The button to the top right is too faded to read, and is unsudable. F1 is broken off it's socket, unusable.

You look above you, B2 is on the wall.

Which floor will you go to?
Post by: Cheesicle on March 10, 2011, 02:06:56 AM
B1.
The elevator starts, rumbling as it goes. You feel uneasy as the elevator creaks from age. Finally, the elevator reaches its destination. The doors open. You look for a staircase to the first floor, but there are 6 doors. You feel faint from thirst, and you don't have enough time to search all doors. Which door do you go to?

Door 1|         |Door 4
          |         |
          |         |
Door 2|         |Door 5
          |         |
          |         |
Door 3|         |Door 6
          |         |
          |         |
          |    X  <----- You
Post by: Deathie on March 10, 2011, 09:41:21 AM
I run to the closest door I see (Room 3)
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 10, 2011, 12:00:58 PM
You open the door and smell a rotting smell. You find some iodine tablets, very useful for purifying water. There are also some rats here; they aren't aggressive.
Post by: Deathie on March 10, 2011, 12:11:52 PM
The air is also very thick. You feel as if you're ready to pass out, so you run over to door 6.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 10, 2011, 01:21:45 PM
Door is locked but looks not that sturdy. However you do not have the stranth ( ;)) to kick it open. You need water.
Post by: Deathie on March 10, 2011, 01:29:45 PM
You begin walking down the corridor to try another room, when you begin getting more faint memories.

...large room....a lobby of some sort?....
...loud ringing...
...a strange figure in front of you...what is it?....
...you remember feeling a suffocating sensation...
...Is the figure....it looks like---

Your trail of thought was interrupted by a hard thonk on the back of your head.
Something grabbed the pipe you were holding and hit you with it.
 Your vision fades, and fall unconscious.

You wake up in a room, your left arm is bound by a leather restraint on a cold pipe.
You still have iodine tablets in your pocket, and you can see the rusty pipe that knocked you unconscious across the room.

You quickly look around the room

(http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/69700-destructoid-review-penumbra-black-plague/promo_cell_room-550x.jpg)

Maybe there's some sort of cutting tool in those lockets to rip the leather restraint, or a knife on the shelf. It's too far to see, and frankly, your head hurts too much to try focusing.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 10, 2011, 01:45:23 PM
You keep the pipe with you just in case and look at the shelf.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 10, 2011, 03:36:29 PM
on the shelf you see a small box, it has a old rusty lock, i could brake it if i had a  PAIR OF PLIARS

Post by: cogsandspigots on March 10, 2011, 03:41:29 PM
You walk over to the locker and open it as it is unlocked. Before you look inside you feel a drip of water hit your head. You can almost see the bacteria in it. However you need an object to catch the water in order to use the tablets. You look in the locker.
Post by: Deathie on March 10, 2011, 04:07:47 PM
You find a wooden tea-cup. Good for about 8 ounces.
You find a pencil.
You also find some copper wiring and bolt cutters.

Theres a note hanging on the door of the locker, but it's too faded to read.

Should you take it with you anyways?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 10, 2011, 04:09:11 PM
Take it because it's just paper and very light.

You fill the cup up to the top. Should you go ahead and drink it, use an iodine tablet and wait, or use a tablet and try to open the box and cut the leather in the meantime?
Post by: Deathie on March 10, 2011, 04:09:46 PM
You fill the cup up to the top. Should you go ahead and drink it, use an iodine tablet and wait, or use a tablet and try the other locker in the meantime?

>> Edited post while you were typing :L
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 12, 2011, 01:44:40 PM
^ I edited my above post so it makes sense now.
Post by: Deathie on March 12, 2011, 01:57:32 PM
You let the cup fill, while you attempt to use the bolt cutters on the toolbox lock.

Normally, you'd need a lot of strength to get it open, but the lock is so rusted, it just shatters.

You find:

- Screwdriver
- Hammer
- Box Cutter
- Matches (2)

The Bolt Cutters are rendered useless.

The Cup fills to the brim.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 12, 2011, 02:29:46 PM
you see a dark, bloodstained door , a Lifeless bird is nailed to it. Should we stay here or go through?
Post by: Deathie on March 12, 2011, 03:52:20 PM
you see a dark, bloodstained door , a Lifeless bird is nailed to it. Should we stay here or go through?

//were still chained to the wall.
The boxcutter is too dull to cut through it.

There's also a vent in the room, but it's bolted to the door.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 12, 2011, 04:50:49 PM
as you closely look at the bed you see a black handle slightly sticking out, a Knife. you grab it and with semi-ease cut through the leather restrants. you're free!
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 12, 2011, 07:59:49 PM
With that you put some tablets in the water and wait for them to work.
Post by: Deathie on March 12, 2011, 08:32:24 PM
Suddenly, you hear someone screaming in absolute agony in the room next to you, conveniently linked by the vent.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 12, 2011, 09:35:06 PM
You do not check it out until the tablets are done, as you would not have the strength to put up a fight. When the tablets are dissolved you down the whole cup in a few thirsty gulps.
Post by: Deathie on March 12, 2011, 10:20:18 PM
After a loud bang, the screaming stops.

You hear loud breathing.

You press your ear on the door, and hear something walking away.

You try the front door, but it's locked.
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 13, 2011, 10:09:55 AM
I unscrew the vent cover then crawl through with my knife ready.
Post by: somerandomguy09 on March 13, 2011, 11:37:35 AM
As you crawl thru the vent knife ready the surface under you begins to shake the vent breaks under you. You now find yourself in a strange hallway. The heavy breathing you heard earlier is now barley audible and it seems that there is no one around to your left is a strange metal door with a large dent in the middle (it is slightly ajar) the hallway seems to continue on for what seems eternity

Do you open the door? or Continue down the hallway?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 15, 2011, 11:43:32 AM
Open door slowly.
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 19, 2011, 05:41:50 AM
You open the door, its a room that looks very aged and theres another door which looks like a closet, will you check whats in the room or go to the door
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 19, 2011, 09:48:10 PM
You have to give me some choices.
Post by: Supertoaster on March 19, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
you open the closet to have chuck norris roundhouse kick you

wat do?

Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 20, 2011, 01:07:04 AM
you open the closet to have chuck norris roundhouse kick you

wat do?

get out
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 20, 2011, 09:20:04 AM
get out

Anyways, I check the room for supplies before I open the closet.
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 20, 2011, 10:10:01 AM
Anyways, I check the room for supplies before I open the closet.

You find a pair of pliers, you go close to the closet, will you go back to cut the box or check the closet
Post by: Deathie on March 20, 2011, 10:22:04 AM
As you're rustling around the room, you hear something coming down the hallway. It's big, and you really don't want to stick around to see where it is.
You quickly open up the closet just to see a large pile of boxes stacked up. You knock them over, alerting whatever was outside. You hear it running towards your room, but manage to get yourself inside the closet before it kicks the door open.

You hear it moving about the room, in an attempt to find what caused the sound.
Post by: Myppl9 on March 20, 2011, 03:09:23 PM
you get your knife ready to stab whatever it is, when you hear a gunshot....

should we stay in the closet?
or,
Come out with knife in the air?
or,
Come out in peace?
Post by: cogsandspigots on March 20, 2011, 05:12:12 PM
You are not ready to come out of the closet.

:trollface:
Post by: Myppl9 on March 20, 2011, 07:21:09 PM
You are not ready to come out of the closet.

:trollface:
you wait untill you hear the "creatures" foots steps fade farther and farther away untill its silent... you open the door to see.... a creature... Part man part bear part pig..... he seems to have stuffed pockets...shall we check him or run away?
Post by: Deathie on March 20, 2011, 07:29:21 PM
you wait untill you hear the "creatures" foots steps fade farther and farther away untill its silent... you open the door to see.... a creature... Part man part bear part pig..... he seems to have stuffed pockets...shall we check him or run away?

Fuck this shit.
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on March 20, 2011, 09:26:33 PM
nonono you see a dead corpse check him or run away (not a manbearpig :/)
Post by: somerandomguy09 on March 24, 2011, 12:24:39 PM
Fuck this shit.

Agreed too many retarded comments starting to fuck up the story

it was good while it lasted.

R.I.P  :gtfo: