.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Help => Topic started by: blαh2355 on January 15, 2015, 07:15:14 AM

Title: Cannot connect to steam networks
Post by: blαh2355 on January 15, 2015, 07:15:14 AM
This error started a couple days ago when I first couldn't login to steam. It's strange because I was able to login the night before and yesterday morning.

I have tried...
-Everything on their help page https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493
-Power cycling my network hardware
-Uninstalling and reinstalling steam
-Disabling antivirus
-Starting offline then going online
-Re-adding firewall exception

I cannot play any steam games now, please help :(
Title: Re: Cannot connect to steam networks
Post by: Apie2 on January 15, 2015, 12:58:52 PM
Just a quick qeustion.

Why does it say you logged in 43 minutes ago while you say you cant login for a day or so.
Post by: blαh2355 on January 15, 2015, 06:23:21 PM
Just a quick qeustion.

Why does it say you logged in 43 minutes ago while you say you cant login for a day or so.
I tried using steam on my laptop. It fucking worked. It must be something up with my computer...

Just tried to get on steam again. I started in offline mode to see if it would do anything and wtf, I can connect to chat services. I can't see my friend list but people can send me messages.
Post by: blαh2355 on January 16, 2015, 06:59:59 PM
Coolz solved the problem :)
Post by: coolzeldad on January 17, 2015, 03:29:45 AM
For those who get similar problem, issue was fixed by:
uninstalling steam, deleting steam, making/logging into another user account on the system, installing steam to a different place in that account, then running it, then switching back to the main account and running it.