.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: ursus on February 17, 2014, 09:49:47 PM

Title: bbcode audio embed or something
Post by: ursus on February 17, 2014, 09:49:47 PM
so you know how putting a youtube video in [url] tags embeds the video

can we get a thing like that for audio files

it would be cool

someones probably made it already
Title: Re: bbcode audio embed or something
Post by: Frank on February 18, 2014, 03:42:58 AM
Goear/vocaroo?
Post by: coolzeldad on February 18, 2014, 09:25:33 PM
Would this have some widespread use on the forum? embedding web mp3s? versus music threads using youtube which seems convenient
Post by: ursus on February 19, 2014, 10:40:36 AM
Would this have some widespread use on the forum? embedding web mp3s? versus music threads using youtube which seems convenient

to be honest i'm not even sure

the only thing it would solve that I know of would be music threads reaching the video embed limit, i don't know for sure but it makes sense that a small vlc/quicktime player would use up less memory when embedded than a youtube player
Post by: Sabb on February 19, 2014, 11:32:59 AM
tbh i kind of like the idea, id probably use it a bit
Post by: coolzeldad on February 19, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
right, but is there a lot of mp3s available on the web people would use that wouldn't render blatant copyright infringement by streaming them? o-o
Post by: ursus on February 19, 2014, 07:14:00 PM
right, but is there a lot of mp3s available on the web people would use that wouldn't render blatant copyright infringement by streaming them? o-o

isn't that only when it's hosted on the site? if questioned about it as far as i know you could take the whole "we prove links to content, not content" defense used by the pirate bay
Post by: coolzeldad on February 19, 2014, 07:18:11 PM
afaik US jurisdiction now allows broad reading of providing access to the material which includes links to material and would depend on what court/judge handled the case
Post by: ursus on February 19, 2014, 07:28:19 PM
afaik US jurisdiction now allows broad reading of providing access to the material which includes links to material and would depend on what court/judge handled the case

thats dum

idk embedding audio is not super important

if its a bad idea then dont do it i guess