.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Computers => Topic started by: whagman on June 06, 2013, 08:26:41 PM

Title: Gmod UPdate
Post by: whagman on June 06, 2013, 08:26:41 PM
So i havent played gmod in a while, and i want to, but i cant fucking update the game....................... what ams i do
Title: Re: Gmod UPdate
Post by: » Magic « on June 06, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
Re-download the game. It recently converted to Steam Pipe

http://garry.tv/2013/05/28/steampipe-beta/ (http://garry.tv/2013/05/28/steampipe-beta/)
Post by: HideoKojima on June 07, 2013, 01:04:51 AM
Related question.

Why the hell was it so big?

What was the update for exactly?
Post by: coolzeldad on June 07, 2013, 02:06:31 AM
Related question.

Why the hell was it so big?

What was the update for exactly?

new content delivery system

easier to update

faster loading

etc.
Post by: [Valor]iPounce on June 07, 2013, 03:18:48 AM
Can I ask?

If it updates every 10 minutes does it affects how we go on the server.

Like for example I updated my gmod and the server is still behind the update, does it gonna say that the server has an old engine or w/e
Post by: coolzeldad on June 07, 2013, 01:29:20 PM
Can I ask?

If it updates every 10 minutes does it affects how we go on the server.

Like for example I updated my gmod and the server is still behind the update, does it gonna say that the server has an old engine or w/e

Hopefully he won't push binary updates all the time so it shouldn't change the version so you should still join.

All the servers have been updated as of few minutes ago.

Now if he does change the version every time.... I might have to write an auto update system, however I am avoiding that now because last night one of the updates caused the servers to segfault.

This is why I'm worried... Garry isn't known for testing updates thoroughly and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with constant updates like this...