.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Mapping => Topic started by: jimonions on March 02, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

Title: ttt_glacier
Post by: jimonions on March 02, 2013, 08:29:52 PM
Here is a small map to make up for the other that couldn't be released.
Its in Beta and there are currently a few things that aren't working but shouldn't be game breaking.

Fixes to come:

-better player clipping to prevent getting to certain areas. (ive tried leaving most things open for climbing over and stuff but there are some     places which I shant disclose that shouldn't actually be reached)

-Soundscapes are really wonky, expect soundscape transitioning to be buggy.

(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NNujjKkhIW8/UTLRT7wgqVI/AAAAAAAABlY/irqj_f9m8Ww/s912/ttt_glacier_beta_v10001.jpg)
Title: Re: ttt_glacier
Post by: Sabb on March 02, 2013, 08:44:44 PM
oh
oh man
I'm ok with this.
Post by: saivon on March 02, 2013, 08:58:01 PM
Looks pretty cool
Post by: Alkaline on March 02, 2013, 09:05:24 PM
Terrorists take over a super computer hidden inside of a secret base embedded in a glacier? Would definitely play.
Post by: Cheesy Sandwich on March 04, 2013, 02:38:59 PM
looks sweeeet!
Post by: This Cactus on March 04, 2013, 09:20:24 PM
Looks pretty cool
Post by: Apie2 on March 05, 2013, 10:48:16 AM
That looks pretty badass.
Looking really forward to be able to play in it, keep up those pieces of heaven.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on March 06, 2013, 11:59:49 AM
Jim, you are beautiful.
Post by: blαh2355 on March 06, 2013, 02:55:41 PM
Looks pretty cool
I see what you did there.
Post by: saivon on March 06, 2013, 03:28:24 PM
I see what you did there.

Lol that was not inteded to be a pun but yeah I just noticed that XD
Post by: Tezuni on March 07, 2013, 10:42:32 PM
Teach me this black magic.  Seriously, that looks pretty awesome Jim.  Can't wait to play on it.
Post by: jimonions on March 12, 2013, 05:29:15 AM
So the map is technically on the server according to Coolz but since it requires the download of external materials and such it cannot be released just yet due to Gmod 13 not allowing server to client downloads. When this is fixed then it can be put up.
Post by: Monorail Cat on April 01, 2013, 12:28:00 PM
This is freaking amazing looking, just from the screen shot.  How long did it take you to make it?  My map is taking forever...
Post by: jimonions on April 01, 2013, 03:54:07 PM
A few weeks on and off. maybe 1-2 months if I were to condense all the time ignoring schoolwork.
Post by: memo3300 on April 01, 2013, 03:55:43 PM
I'm still waiting to play on this... badly
Post by: jimonions on April 01, 2013, 03:57:56 PM
There were problems with crashing and materials when testing so I have to get those fixed. It'll be another 1-2 weeks until that's done
Post by: Tezuni on May 06, 2013, 03:31:25 AM
So how's the map coming along Jim?  I'm still looking forward to playing it!!
Post by: jimonions on May 06, 2013, 04:50:13 AM
The testing revealed some serious bugs that I had to address and among all my schoolwork I haven't been able to get around to them just yet. After finals I will.
Post by: Frank on May 06, 2013, 09:24:43 AM
THIS MAP IS FLY
FRANK SEAL OF APPROVAL
Post by: jimonions on June 14, 2013, 07:04:07 PM
well gmod content is broken again.
Post by: jimonions on February 14, 2014, 11:18:51 PM
It's done.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228041314 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228041314)

Source update 2013 thought it could stop me.
It did for a while but that's besides the point.
enjoy the map I guess, even though our ttt server is... dead.

Where have I been?
Busy with preparing/attending college. That's right I am now in the US studying for my BA in Computer Science through a Game Art course in Florida.
When I thought I had 1 more year to produce some more maps for you guys it got cut short and I had to deal with personal matters. Sorry for the false hopes.

Am I going to continue making maps for Source?
That is a very big issue for me at the moment. I want to but there are so many problems associated with the current sdk build its near impossible to run into problems.
I have found workarounds to a lot of them but there are some I cant do anything about like cubemaps . I also have my own studies and job finding to worry about. In just 2 years I will be working.
The future is very undecided right now. So its just a maybe, no promises.

Do I still view the forums?
Every day.
I'm watching you.

Do I have Starbound?
Yes but I rarely have time to play games anymore. The only reason I was able to get this map done is because I had a month of free time and was able to manage it alongside my own freetime portfolio work.

Do I play any other games?
I am currently very much involved with Path of Exile, and sometimes Guild Wars 2.
If anybody wants to add me on there I don't have a problem with it.

I started with this community 4 years ago and owe my current success now to it, I'll still be here should everyone leave.