.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Computers => Topic started by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 20, 2013, 09:11:40 PM

Title: Help with finding a desktop wireless adpater card that will work for Windows 8
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 20, 2013, 09:11:40 PM
So I really like Windows 8 and I've found out that some MOST adapters do not work with it, I've been looking for ages and I've yet to find a card compatible for Windows 8, my budget is something below $50, PCi would be preferred but my motherboard does support PCie, help would be appreciated!
EDIT: Finally found one! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106136 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106136)
Title: Re: Help with finding a desktop wireless adpater card that will work for Windows 8
Post by: saivon on January 20, 2013, 10:23:36 PM
Why do you even want windows 8 what's your reason/purpose for it

Windows 7 is still good in this case I guess
Title: Re: Help with finding a desktop wireless adpater card that will work for Windows 8
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 20, 2013, 10:35:34 PM
Why do you even want windows 8 what's your reason/purpose for it

Windows 7 is still good in this case I guess
No.Because I want windows 8, I don't want Windows 7, I'd love if people wouldn't reply with these types of comments and actually HELP me.
Post by: saivon on January 20, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
No.Because I want windows 8, I don't want Windows 7, I'd love if people wouldn't reply with these types of comments and actually HELP me.

I'm helping you save your money... instead of wasting it on windows 8

but that's just my opinion so yah. Or you can just go on new egg.com or YouTube reviewers  on good adapters etc. or whatever you are looking for not really that hard to...
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 20, 2013, 10:56:28 PM

but that's just my opinion so yah. Or you can just go on new egg.com or YouTube reviewers  on good adapters etc. or whatever you are looking for not really that hard to...
Did you not read the topic at all? I said that most adapters don't work on windows 8 and I need some that will actually WORK.
Post by: saivon on January 20, 2013, 11:29:48 PM
Did you not read the topic at all? I said that most adapters don't work on windows 8 and I need some that will actually WORK.

oops sorry but yah again you can still look it up on YouTube... not really that hard and don't get so defensive about it.
Post by: Samo on January 21, 2013, 12:48:52 AM
I'm not too sure asking here was the right idea anyway... I think you're the only one here who needs a wireless card with Windows 8.

You're better off searching high and low on Google so we don't have to.
Post by: » Magic « on January 21, 2013, 11:13:09 AM

Windows 8 is cheaper than 7

@OP anything that works for Windows 7 will generally work for windows 8, if it doesn't, launch the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

I have yet to find anything that worked for win7 that doesn't for win8
Post by: saivon on January 21, 2013, 11:15:43 AM
Windows 8 is cheaper than 7

@OP anything that works for Windows 7 will generally work for windows 8, if it doesn't, launch the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

I have yet to find anything that worked for win7 that doesn't for win8

oh well I guess or you could torent it on to a disk then run it on your pc like my friend did but meh
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 21, 2013, 02:21:42 PM
oh well I guess or you could torent it on to a disk then run it on your pc like my friend did but meh
That's one thing I NEVER torrent.
Post by: saivon on January 21, 2013, 03:54:11 PM
That's one thing I NEVER torrent.

ok Do you want A TROPHY see what I did there ?

But again sometimes it is a bad thing but in my friends case it was good because he tormented a  400 dollar program windows 7 ultamanium  something like that and yah he ended up saving a lot of money

Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 21, 2013, 04:13:08 PM
ok Do you want A TROPHY see what I did there ?

But again sometimes it is a bad thing but in my friends case it was good because he tormented a  400 dollar program windows 7 ultamanium  something like that and yah he ended up saving a lot of money
Can you like, actually be helpful and not litter the thread with shit like this?
Post by: Zevante on January 21, 2013, 05:58:20 PM
Took me four minutes searching. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704059) <---(is a link)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 21, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
Took me four minutes searching. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704059) <---(is a link)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you so much.
EDIT: Apparently it has a shitty range, won't work considering that my router isn't in my room.
So...
FUCK.
Post by: Zevante on January 21, 2013, 06:20:06 PM
You could try powerline networking. I've been using it for a little over a year now and I hardly ever drop connection. You can get a kit for like $40.
Post by: Loke on January 22, 2013, 12:54:42 PM
Why not you just buy a goddamn super-long internet cord and wire it througout the house using wall edging etc etc.
Post by: ursus on January 22, 2013, 03:08:05 PM
it's worth it to go ethernet and windows 8 is a shit OS
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 22, 2013, 03:34:11 PM
Why not you just buy a goddamn super-long internet cord and wire it througout the house using wall edging etc etc.
Oh shit, I never thouht of that, but there is a problem with that, my dachshund likes to chew on shit.
Post by: Zevante on January 22, 2013, 03:40:23 PM
Oh shit, I never thouht of that, but there is a problem with that, my dachshund likes to chew on shit.
Bury it under the carpet.
EDIT: If you don't have carpet, either go powerline or put up nails near the ceiling and lay the wire on them to keep it off the ground.
Post by: Tortie on January 22, 2013, 03:48:51 PM
Bury it under the carpet.
EDIT: If you don't have carpet, either go powerline or put up nails near the ceiling and lay the wire on them to keep it off the ground.
or duct tape it to the wall
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on January 22, 2013, 09:16:26 PM
 Finally found one after searching for ages, thanks for the help. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106136 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106136)