.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Mapping => Topic started by: Monorail Cat on November 22, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

Title: Hammer Editor Configuration (Again...)
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 22, 2012, 07:39:14 PM
Ok, it seems i spoke too soon.  I completely removed then reinstalled hammer editor on my computer, and i thought it solved the visual graph error.  However, when i configured it again for Gmod, it breaks again.  This gives me confidence that the problem is in the config, because of Gmod 13.  If anyone finds or comes up with a solution and posts it, i will be eternally grateful.   

--TYPED WITH ZUNE HD--
Title: Re: Hammer Editor Configuration (Again...)
Post by: Loke on November 24, 2012, 02:41:52 PM
Just don't map using a GMod config.
Problem solved.

Also, if you want models and shit like that, just put all those files into the CSS root folder.
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 24, 2012, 06:07:59 PM
So if I just make the entire map in hl2 ep2 config, add ttt.fgd, and custom textures, it would work perfectly when I play it in gmod?
Post by: Tezuni on November 24, 2012, 07:38:36 PM
Yeah I have this problem too, and I was 95% done with the next version of ttt_conspiracy.

Not sure what seems to be causing it yet...
Post by: Loke on November 24, 2012, 10:17:17 PM
So if I just make the entire map in hl2 ep2 config, add ttt.fgd, and custom textures, it would work perfectly when I play it in gmod?
Yep. Just have the custom stuff in your GMod folder when you play it and make sure to have EP2 mounted.
Post by: Monorail Cat on November 25, 2012, 04:59:54 AM
Allright, I'll do that.  Thanks for the help, I hope it works...
Post by: Samo on December 01, 2012, 05:44:24 PM
I believe I may have found a solution, at least according to Monorail Cat. If you don't need the solution don't waste your time reading this crap.

I got him to use the config for CSS, changing the game configurations to the ones I used for the old Gmod, so there probably will still be some unsolved problems which I don't know about later on.

I got him to change his engine version to "Source Engine MP" for CSS and then change a few directory locations and add the .fgd files from the "\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin" folder along with the Gmod and ttt.fgd, which I trust most of you placed in your Gmod folder.

Because I'm too fucking lazy and I don't know what I'm even doing he changed his directories to the following:

Game Executable:$SteamUserDir\garrysmod

Game Directory:$SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod

Hammer VMF Directory:$SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod/maps

Then in the "Build Programs" tab

Game Executable:$SteamUserDir\garrysmod\hl2.exe

BSP Executable:$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe

VIS Executable:$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe

RAD Executable:$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe

Place compiled maps:$SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod/maps

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (which I should be). I have little experience with Hammer. At least this configuration should allow you to map normally, not too sure about compatibility with gamemodes and all that. Cheers.
Post by: » Magic « on December 02, 2012, 02:59:02 AM
Samo you're right

I'm getting the same problem in CS:S however... fucking annoying...