.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Entertainment (Read Only) => Games => Topic started by: Supertoaster on August 18, 2012, 11:49:25 AM

Title: So Fallout 4
Post by: Supertoaster on August 18, 2012, 11:49:25 AM
Boston maybe?
Discuss
Title: Re: So Fallout 4
Post by: Shawn on August 18, 2012, 11:59:00 AM
I personally don't want it to be set in a big city again i liked the open feel of new Vegas alot better then i did in DC, DC was just to "cramped" for my liking and got really sick and tired of moving from subway station to the next... wasn't much diversity in the scenery...
Post by: Seb on August 18, 2012, 12:06:00 PM
I personally don't want it to be set in a big city again i liked the open feel of new Vegas alot better then i did in DC, DC was just to "cramped" for my liking and got really sick and tired of moving from subway station to the next... wasn't much diversity in the scenery...

Don't blame the setting, blame Bethesda.

There's been a few discussion threads I've seen that have discussed where FO4 should be, and I have to say South Florida would make a great location.

>actual weather
>canals and rivers everywhere
>Biscayne Bay and the islands ringing it in general
>the last two may lead to the creation of usable boats
>new mutants from the sea

>DLC goes to the Everglades and Disney World
Post by: Shawn on August 18, 2012, 12:13:38 PM

I do blame them and i know if they do it agian in a big city their going to do the same dame thing they did with DC you can't do much in big citys
Post by: ursus on August 18, 2012, 12:17:34 PM
I do blame them and i know if they do it agian in a big city their going to do the same dame thing they did with DC you can't do much in big citys

i want to fucking stab all your english teachers

Ontopic, what about a new story somewhere outside of North America?
Post by: Seb on August 18, 2012, 12:19:04 PM

Ontopic, what about a new story somewhere outside of North America?

The point of Fallout is supposed to be a post-post-apocalyptic setting in the States.

Although, if they DO decide to expand, Paris would be a p neat location.

>dem catacombs
>dat expansive sewer
Post by: Shawn on August 18, 2012, 12:27:19 PM

Why because I didn't feel like using commas? The same way you didn't feel like starting your sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a period?

Or are you referring to my grammar error "their" instead of using "they're" in which case my bad I really don't like to proofread unless I'm writing a formal letter or an essay I simple just don't care for proper grammar/spelling Lol
Post by: Supertoaster on August 18, 2012, 12:33:22 PM

There's been a few discussion threads I've seen that have discussed where FO4 should be, and I have to say South Florida would make a great location.

>actual weather
>canals and rivers everywhere
>Biscayne Bay and the islands ringing it in general
>the last two may lead to the creation of usable boats
>new mutants from the sea

>DLC goes to the Everglades and Disney World
Florida > Swamp
Swamp > Point Lookout (not florida but still a swamp)

I really think Fallout should stay set in the US. It would make a huge language barrier if they didn't and it would be hard to replicate that 1950's charm/humor in another country.
Post by: Supertoaster on August 18, 2012, 05:06:06 PM
All I really want is quests more like the quests in New Vegas.

Fallout 3 had too much 'you either do it or you don't' for quest. I liked being able to have to choose one of like five decisions. I also enjoyed the different factions because Fallout 3 was obvious "Good Guys vs Bad Guys".

I still think Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere for the wasteland but New Vegas had better interiors in some places + much better storytelling and characters.

Skyrim was really bad since 99.5% of the quest were "do it or don't do it".

I would really like to see vaults styled after the ones on the west coast because I would have serious fun modding the fuck out of that shit with the editor.
Post by: Samo on August 18, 2012, 05:41:10 PM
As long as they don't overdo it like Skyrim, that was fucking terrible (IMO)

Menu style was too simple, map was fuckloaded with silly landforms and the graphics were the backbone of the game.

Am I the only one who despised the story, dragons and all of the "FUS RO DUHRR" and "Arrow to the knee" trash?

Let's hope Fallout 4 it isn't raped with an overdo of its themes.
Post by: Supertoaster on August 18, 2012, 06:27:14 PM
As long as they don't overdo it like Skyrim, that was fucking terrible (IMO)

Menu style was too simple, map was fuckloaded with silly landforms and the graphics were the backbone of the game.

Am I the only one who despised the story, dragons and all of the "FUS RO DUHRR" and "Arrow to the knee" trash?

Let's hope Fallout 4 it isn't raped with an overdo of its themes.
I also heard they might remake the first game, but that would be impossible.

Fallout 1 and 2 are much bigger games and it would be impossible to scale the entire wasteland (which is basically all of california) into a 3D engine unless they made it really small and shitty.
Post by: Dale Feles on August 18, 2012, 07:30:31 PM
>FO4
>Should be set in Canada
>Snow everywhere
>Mutant beavers, moose, and:
>BEARS.
Post by: Astropilot on August 21, 2012, 08:12:57 PM
Fallout 4 Rumors - Inside Gaming Daily 8/21/2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUd1KB6N98#ws)
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on August 23, 2012, 10:22:22 PM
It would be interesting to see a Fallout game based in Japan, would it not?

Or perhaps I'd rather have a Japanese version of Fallout?
Post by: Frank on August 24, 2012, 09:15:29 AM
It would be interesting to see a Fallout game based in Japan, would it not?

Or perhaps I'd rather have a Japanese version of Fallout?
NOPE

Everyone, I don't give a shit about your opinions, Fallout is AMERICA. It is a satirization of the 1950's U.S.A. nuclear-and-happy culture.

I also seriously hope you guys don't write like shit

>2012

Anywya, I think Florida would be a cool place. And to fix your problem, Shawn, it's not because of the setting, it's because of the shitty engine and developer laziness. See all those pieces of debri? Guess what: you can't do shit about them. And the world is divided in cells, which although might allow great outside places, is very uncomfortable for going in and out(like metro stations).
Post by: pyrosheep on August 26, 2012, 02:32:47 PM
Hopefully it's not a letdown like Skyrim. I hated Skyrim tbh. I had like 400 hours in Oblivion and like 80 on Skyrim.
I could not give less shits about where FO4 is placed aslong as Bethesda can work with what they have. But I think it's going to be in Boston. Fallout 3 was great and there is no way they can make FO4 shit unless they make shitty quests like they did in Skyrim.
Post by: Seb on August 26, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Hopefully it's not a letdown like Skyrim. I hated Skyrim tbh. I had like 400 hours in Oblivion and like 80 on Skyrim.
I could not give less shits about where FO4 is placed aslong as Bethesda can work with what they have. But I think it's going to be in Boston. Fallout 3 was great and there is no way they can make FO4 shit unless they make shitty quests like they did in Skyrim.

Fallout 3 was only good because the idea of bringing Fallout to the modern market as an FPSRPG was an idea that literally COULD NOT have been done wrong.