.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Promotions (Read Only) => Regular => Unapproved => Topic started by: Doctor Who on August 08, 2012, 01:14:03 AM

Title: Photosynthesis's Regular Application
Post by: Doctor Who on August 08, 2012, 01:14:03 AM
Photosynthesis's Regular Application

Steam: Ninjabartender1

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43314320

In Game Name: Photosynthesis

Time online: 2-4 hours or so with my friends

Time in RND: i hired coolz

Servers: Zombie Survival, Trouble in Terrorist Town, Fretta, and Stronghold

Birthday: February 12, 1997

Games (on Steam):
Garry's Mod
Half-Life
Payday:The Heist
Killing Floor
Portal 2
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Magicka
LIMBO
Dota 2
Counterstrike:Source
Counterstrike:Global Offensive
GTA V
The Binding of Isaac
Bioshock 2
L4D2
ARMA 2:Operation Arrowhead + DayZ
Amnesia: Dark Descent

Why I want to be Regular and why I should be Regular: Why should I not become regular again? I've been in this community since respected years so that this time I would like to be recognized as a member of rNd community other than being ignored as a random crowd of Guests.

If you didnt like my app, heres an adorable kitten to make up for it.
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YTTuGBoVyHc/TQogfaab1yI/AAAAAAAAAtw/0eAHIkB8ayo/s1600/adorable_kitten_cute.jpg)
http://tinyurl.com/6qk2s4k (http://tinyurl.com/6qk2s4k)
(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vcMCh6YMubE/TzdqMWMrAZI/AAAAAAAAALk/AiMF9KqbBDQ/s400/cute-dogs-and-puppies+4.jpg)
Title: Re: Photosynthesis's Regular Application
Post by: Samo on August 08, 2012, 01:27:04 AM
Definitely. He's done a lot on the forums and I like his play style.
Post by: Pilot on August 08, 2012, 01:42:58 AM
Honestly, Photo deserves the regular rank at the minimum. He was demoted because a few admins thought it was appropriate; there was never an official player consensus or ban/demote request.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of controversy thrown into the thread by a few admins/VIPs regarding his behavior in the last few months. One thing I'd like to point out is how many people his behavior actually affected: there was never a ban/demote request, never a forum post (to my knowledge) complaining that he was ruining the game and giving the server a negative environment. At the most, there was finger-pointing in the Faceist thread when someone complained about target RDM. I believe Photo later admitted to target RDM anyway, but I'd prefer him being honest than trying to weasel his way out.

tl;dr  :thumbsup:, he deserves to be recognized with the rank.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on August 08, 2012, 06:27:57 AM
I've known Photo for a long time, and he has been a pretty good guy to me.  I know people aren't perfect, and have their flaws, and he is no exception; however, I hope with given the chance to try again, he can learn from his past mistakes to become a better member of the community, one worthy of being a regular. Even if the rank might not seem like much, it's a start. So I  (http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5350/crown1.png)
Good luck.
Post by: Apie2 on August 08, 2012, 06:41:16 AM
Photo has been here for quite a while. Loyal to the community and doesn't break many rules eventought he was demoted once.
Photo is a great guy and deserves a second chance.
 :thumbsup:
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on August 08, 2012, 06:55:04 AM
Good player.
Doesn't really break any rules now.
Post by: Mr.Kimchi on August 08, 2012, 07:20:56 AM
Really cool guy to be with >:D Hes been here awhile and idk my heads not really working anyways   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Post by: Asuna Yuuki on August 08, 2012, 10:11:52 AM
I remember him way back in 2010.
He followed rules and everything.
Post by: Repulse on August 08, 2012, 10:18:31 AM
Played with him before and his good actually. And he is in rnd for quite a long time.
Hey, i thought u alr had REG?

Post by: Frank on August 08, 2012, 10:23:57 AM
Photosynthesis is definitely not my favourite player, yet I have no arguments to support his reach for Regular.

:thumbsdown:
Post by: TehHank on August 08, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
this guy is a long time regular on our servers  :)
Post by: Cryptokid on August 08, 2012, 11:20:09 AM
Demote didn't really make sense to me to begin with. Same reasons as everyone else. Good player, follows rules, etc. etc.
Post by: Lavenchie on August 08, 2012, 11:38:26 AM
He's a HUGE Faggot and he fallows the rules, generally nice, and helps people.
Post by: Purple on August 08, 2012, 11:43:53 AM
 :thumbsdown: I've known photo for a while but he's very biased and stubborn in my opinion.
Post by: TehHank on August 08, 2012, 02:12:16 PM
Why would add taht Screamer D:

Thank god my headphones were off
Post by: Wafflepiezz on August 08, 2012, 02:27:07 PM
Regular pls. But yes, Photo deserves his regular back...why? He's very mature and trustable. He deserves it back and this is coming from waffle

I've known this nub for 2-3 years.

Post by: Sabb on August 08, 2012, 02:42:37 PM
Demote didn't really make sense to me to begin with. Same reasons as everyone else. Good player, follows rules, etc. etc.
He was permanently banned on the temp servers by Snivy I believe for excessive minging and being extremely uncooperative. After that, Photo's attitude toward me and other admins was completely horrible and he went out of his way to cause unnecessary issues and would fail to listen or cooperate in any situation. I personally do not want someone with such a juvenile and aggressive, uncooperative attitude to have regular on the servers. It gives a generally bad impression on players to simply allow such a person to have any sort of rank. And again, he's not one to follow rules either. He was caught several times breaking rules by other admins and refused to listen.
I'm not totally opposed to you ever being regular, but either way you seriously need to work on your attitude, otherwise I'll work as hard as I can to at least keep you demoted. I'll consider re-promoting you but also suggest that coolz leaves this application open for a while to be considered properly.

And for the record, you have seemed to calm down a little bit, but the fact that you had absolutely no mention of your demotion, ban, or the reason for either gives me a bad impression. You don't just earn rank for being an old member of the community. Even something as little as regular.
Post by: Roach :3 on August 08, 2012, 03:04:38 PM
Changed my mind, It'll be 0.5+ for now, I know that you've changed but admins should see that you've changed too.
Post by: danaman on August 08, 2012, 03:46:11 PM
known this guy for ages, never seen him break any rules and deserves reg  :thumbsup:
Post by: RadioActivetomatoes on August 08, 2012, 05:02:36 PM
I fucking love this man.
Post by: Deathie on August 08, 2012, 05:06:22 PM
And for the record, you have seemed to calm down a little bit, but the fact that you had absolutely no mention of your demotion, ban, or the reason for either gives me a bad impression. You don't just earn rank for being an old member of the community. Even something as little as regular.
It doesn't help that he's tried to start shit over TS3 multiple times now.
Post by: Alkaline on August 08, 2012, 05:20:56 PM
He was permanently banned on the temp servers by Snivy I believe for excessive minging and being extremely uncooperative. After that, Photo's attitude toward me and other admins was completely horrible and he went out of his way to cause unnecessary issues and would fail to listen or cooperate in any situation. I personally do not want someone with such a juvenile and aggressive, uncooperative attitude to have regular on the servers. It gives a generally bad impression on players to simply allow such a person to have any sort of rank. And again, he's not one to follow rules either. He was caught several times breaking rules by other admins and refused to listen.
I'm not totally opposed to you ever being regular, but either way you seriously need to work on your attitude, otherwise I'll work as hard as I can to at least keep you demoted. I'll consider re-promoting you but also suggest that coolz leaves this application open for a while to be considered properly.

I completely agree with this as I was there when he got banned and demoted.  :thumbsdown:
Post by: Sabb on August 08, 2012, 08:49:16 PM
It doesn't help that he's tried to start shit over TS3 multiple times now.
Not to mention already talking behind my back about my post in it.
Not a good start.
Post by: Gate on August 08, 2012, 09:24:02 PM
We played zs way back in the day before fear tower was even overplayed :thumbsup:
Post by: Lazer Blade on August 08, 2012, 10:33:40 PM
 I've known photo for as long as i can remeber from playing in rnd.From what ive seen he follows rules and
doesn't troll, so i beileave that photo can handle reg. +1
Post by: Ἆxule on August 09, 2012, 02:46:51 AM
To begin with, I was a little surprised to see this. I wasn't aware that you were demoted.

Anyways, I've been watching from behind the scenes with this application. I'm neither for or against this application, and I haven't posted until now because I didn't really feel my input was needed.

However, it was brought up to my attention that some people are still basing Photo off of his actions from before which is good. That's what forms and molds people into who they are today, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't exclude them from the chance to redeem themselves. If that were the case, I wouldn't be where I am today. Now this is just food for though. It doesn't necessarily pertain to Photo.

Previously, I had thought that the only reason people would disagree with Photo being a Regular was because of what he's done before, but because I try to stay out of the drama that seems to exist in this community, I wasn't aware of Photo's current actions. That's why I added the paragraph above.

With all of that said, I'm still indifferent to this application.
Post by: [TTPN] ShadowMoon on August 09, 2012, 03:49:23 AM
I wonder why there's some users like Gate and danaman (who are new players with 0 post) randomly come into the report and comment for him.
Post by: Castle on August 09, 2012, 06:26:40 AM
I wonder why there's some users like Gate and danaman (who are new players with 0 post) randomly come into the report and comment for him.

Duplicated accounts?
Post by: RadioActivetomatoes on August 09, 2012, 08:20:12 AM
Except Danaman's been reg for like a year.
Post by: danaman on August 09, 2012, 08:20:44 AM
I'm not new, I've actually been here (and reg) over a year. I have 15 posts, not 0. Get your facts right
Post by: Castle on August 09, 2012, 08:54:54 AM
Excalipoor is always a rusher....thinking he's right.
Post by: Pilgrim on August 09, 2012, 11:08:17 AM
Also, Gates profile says he's been registered since 2010.
At least look at their profile before you make comments like that Excalipoor.
Post by: Wafflepiezz on August 09, 2012, 01:37:59 PM
Too many digression, get back onto Photo's Regular app pls

In photo's defense to the past histories:

Remember, this is a REGULAR rank, not some kind of super-power or VIP+ rank. REGULAR, practically a guest but just some voting options. It's not going to completely annihilate someone and he CAN be demoted again in a split second. I don't see any problems with him having a Regular rank, except for the fact that someone completely detests him.
Post by: Sabb on August 09, 2012, 01:57:23 PM
Too many digression, get back onto Photo's Regular app pls

In photo's defense to the past histories:

Remember, this is a REGULAR rank, not some kind of super-power or VIP+ rank. REGULAR, practically a guest but just some voting options. It's not going to completely annihilate someone and he CAN be demoted again in a split second. I don't see any problems with him having a Regular rank, except for the fact that someone completely detests him.
Why would I repeat the same mistake over and over again simply because I CAN change the decision? "Here Photo, I don't trust in your ability the slightest, don't like your general attitude and the like, but hey I can demote you again so have regular for a week." In reality Regular members need to know how to cooperate and need to have a generally decent attitude. Photo doesn't follow that at all. Has no intentions on cooperating with members ranked higher than him, and has a horrible attitude which gives a poor impression of RND. But for the cooperation part, many VIPs that I strongly trust and respect have complained several times about Photo before he was demoted about how uncooperative he is, often resulting in failed votekicks which just obviously makes the job a lot harder on the VIP's. And these issues aren't "past histories." If you read my posts here you will notice that these issues are really quite current.
Post by: aerobro on August 09, 2012, 04:55:31 PM
 :thumbsup: Team player, always a chill dude to be with in the servers.
Post by: Dark Pacifist on August 09, 2012, 06:34:47 PM
hmm... I get Sabb's point in all but a lot and I mean a lot of shit happened during the Temp servers...

However we could lock this and in week he can reapply.
That should be about enough time to decide on how he's been since the regular servers came back.

edit: Knew it he barked at me over the post but srsly I'm gunna say +0.5 as if it matters lol.
Post by: Sabb on August 09, 2012, 07:44:27 PM
hmm... I get Sabb's point in all but a lot and I mean a lot of shit happened during the Temp servers...

However we could lock this and in week he can reapply.
That should be about enough time to decide on how he's been since the regular servers came back.

edit: Knew it he barked at me over the post but srsly I'm gunna say +0.5 as if it matters lol.
lol
Thing is, it doesn't really have to do with it being the temp servers or not. If anything, that's even more reason to demote actually. If he's got the general attitude that it's the temps servers and he can do whatever he wants. Basically shows that he's got no respect for rules or authority in even the smallest sense. Not saying that actually is the case though. I really don't think his behaviour on the temporary servers is any different than on the regular servers.
Post by: ursus on August 09, 2012, 08:16:49 PM
When I was more active on the temp servers, I couldn't go five goddamn minutes without having to tell Photo to stop doing something. I haven't been playing gmod much lately, but I still don't think he's changed in this short of a time.
Post by: Boncey on August 10, 2012, 06:10:50 AM
Your not reg o_O

Post by: TehHank on August 10, 2012, 06:27:42 AM
Your not reg o_O

*ignores shit storm happening above*
Post by: coolzeldad on August 10, 2012, 11:05:44 AM
So according to sabb photo has a problem with authority... so it seems we get the opinion split from regular and below members with that of the vip and above members.

However, this is regular rank... it does in fact represent the servers for new people joining... but it is not too influential in an administration sense.

I know that this could be an opportunity to prevent the ill representation by photo... however it could also be an attempt to have a decent regular member.

It's hard to judge a person's change in character even if you know them well... let alone if you don't know them.

But I think in this case the regular rank would be a good opportunity to give another chance, but with high repercussions if not used wisely...

What do you think?
Post by: Sabb on August 10, 2012, 04:26:06 PM
So according to sabb photo has a problem with authority... so it seems we get the opinion split from regular and below members with that of the vip and above members.

However, this is regular rank... it does in fact represent the servers for new people joining... but it is not too influential in an administration sense.

I know that this could be an opportunity to prevent the ill representation by photo... however it could also be an attempt to have a decent regular member.

It's hard to judge a person's change in character even if you know them well... let alone if you don't know them.

But I think in this case the regular rank would be a good opportunity to give another chance, but with high repercussions if not used wisely...

What do you think?
My opinion remains, but I'm not entirely opposed to having him promoted. I meant to give that impression in the first post if I didn't come across that way. Except now even after my posts Photo has yet again shown minor signs of everything I'm accusing him of such as talking behind my back in teamspeak about my post but never directly addressing me about anything, as usual.
But even so, I really don't care much for Photo being promoted or not but if he were to be promoted I'm not going to lie. I'm going to be super strict about it as he's had plenty of opportunities but consistently has shown lack of improvement. After even the slightest complaint from another VIP or trusted member and I wouldn't possibly hesitate to demote yet again.
Post by: ursus on August 10, 2012, 05:23:27 PM
I'm still opposed. He acts terribly enough around VIPs; I'm horrified to imagine how he is when nobody's there. I think it would be a bad front for new players.
Post by: Deathie on August 10, 2012, 05:32:46 PM

What do you think?

Well, he's already been regular, and he blew that.

And ever since his demotion, he's been acting worse and worse.

Just his reactions to the comments on this thread are enough, not to mention he still tries to start shit with us in teamspeak and stuff, trying to egg us on.

He's not Reg material at all.
Post by: coolzeldad on August 11, 2012, 12:53:32 AM
Well, he's already been regular, and he blew that.

And ever since his demotion, he's been acting worse and worse.

Just his reactions to the comments on this thread are enough, not to mention he still tries to start shit with us in teamspeak and stuff, trying to egg us on.

He's not Reg material at all.

Where are his reactions to the thread..? :o
Post by: Deathie on August 11, 2012, 01:03:50 AM
Where are his reactions to the thread..? :o

Not to mention already talking behind my back about my post in it.
Not a good start.

Plus, there's an assload of edited posts already.
Post by: Dale Feles on August 11, 2012, 06:36:40 AM
Sorry Photo, but -0.5

You've been here a while, but I think you can improve your attitude.

Many times have you kept sending me images, and I told you to stop. However, you kept sending some anyways, which became very annoying.
Post by: Sabb on August 11, 2012, 12:34:21 PM
Plus, there's an assload of edited posts already.
Not to mention he hasn't even mentioned anything about the negative feedback here other than to complain about it to other members. If I were him, right about now would be a good time to reassure us that he's not going to make us regret a re-promotion pref. Rather, he's doing the opposite.
Post by: Sabb on August 12, 2012, 03:12:16 PM
Ridiculous amount of opportunity has been given to you yet you consistently show if anything only a worsening general attitude. I think I've been extremely fair with this and have warned you plenty. Denied.