.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Computers => Topic started by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on July 19, 2012, 02:19:22 AM

Title: Need help with computer (Hardware)
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on July 19, 2012, 02:19:22 AM
Right now I'm actually in Windows, but I'm doing this in Safe Mode with Networking.

While i was cleaning out my Laptop fan, I cleaned it with bottled air for CPUs, and after I put the cover back on and booted windows, I was greated with Nice DOS text saying "Windows failed to startup" With two choices saying "Start system Recovery mode (recommended)" ((or something like that)) and "Start windows normally", I clicked the first choice, Windows were not Aero themed, and the directory was X:/.
I know for a fact that this is not a virus because this happened right after I cleaned out my fan.
And my fan is still not working...
Never mind, I was a dumbass and I forgot that I had the normal temp I had for me computer. So my fan DOES work.

So whats wrong? I need help badly, my laptop has some important info and I don't want to rip out the harddrive because it's WELDED TO THE SHELL.

Please actually HELP me and not be a complete asshole

Thank you :3

EDIT: Fixed it, the problem was that I loosened this thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I do it? I have no clue.
Title: Re: Need help with computer (Hardware)
Post by: TehHank on July 19, 2012, 03:07:25 AM
Just wondering, Did you ground it?
Post by: ๖Ϝцzsioᴎ on July 19, 2012, 04:03:48 AM
Just wondering, Did you ground it?
Ground it? Do you mean using the ground?
If so, no i didnt, i used my desk.
Post by: TehHank on July 19, 2012, 05:46:04 AM
If the laptop is not grounded then the build up of static will be higher, but i don't think bottled air really causes static.
Post by: Supertoaster on July 19, 2012, 01:23:36 PM
noo.

grounding is putting your hand on another piece metal or putting your computer on a piece of metal so that theres no static.
Post by: » Magic « on July 19, 2012, 02:03:12 PM
Just click start windows normally?